? Week 8 GDT - Home Sweet Dome vs Da Bears - 1pm EST on FOX

Mid Iowa

8 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

tenor.gif

and fwiw since you made the first post, you always have the ability to change the title too...

just click the edit button on your original post that started the thread. If you ever feel so inclined...

Ah, I didn't realize that. Thanks for the tip!

9 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

I think Payton had his wake up call though. He went out and hired new blood for the defensive staff this year and look at the turnaround. It sucks that it may have cost us some good players like Hicks, but I think Payton learned his lesson.

xDxDLOLOLOLOLOLxDxD 

Ya right. This is Sean THE EGO Payton you're talking about!! lmao

His idea of learning is, if the triple reverse flea flicker screen to the left on 4th and inches didn't work........run it to the right!! 

9 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

xDxDLOLOLOLOLOLxDxD 

His idea of learning is, if the triple reverse flea flicker screen to the left on 4th and inches didn't work........run it to the right!! 

This made me smile... ALOT!

2 hours ago, SWATcha said:

xDxDLOLOLOLOLOLxDxD 

I second @whodatworm23's response. Hilarious!

The best thing Payton can do for our defense is pretend it doesn't exist and let someone else worry about it.  He's made it clear over the years that he's the worst defensive head coach in the league, and by a wide margin.  Fortunately for him, he knows the offensive side of the ball and San Diego and Miami didn't want Brees.  If we had worse luck with QBs, Saints would have been the Browns for the last decade.

6 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

The best thing Payton can do for our defense is pretend it doesn't exist and let someone else worry about it.  He's made it clear over the years that he's the worst defensive head coach in the league, and by a wide margin.  Fortunately for him, he knows the offensive side of the ball and San Diego and Miami didn't want Brees.  If we had worse luck with QBs, Saints would have been the Browns for the last decade.

Devils advocate...

Brees signs with Miami and Saints draft Matt Lienart #2 overall (rumored QB Payton perfered in 06) is Payton considered an offensive genius???

7 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Devils advocate...

Brees signs with Miami and Saints draft Matt Lienart #2 overall (rumored QB Payton perfered in 06) is Payton considered an offensive genius???

No, I think we would be mediocre offense but 30ish defense.  Payton's eye for QBs is probably greatly overrated considering Garrett Grayson was his guy, and even I never liked him from the start.

Payton could get production from a mediocre QB, but it wouldn't be enough to overcome his terrible defenses, the way Brees did for several years.

It is said often, and I agree; Brees makes everyone around him better, he's just that good. I think Payton is no exception here.

We've seen so many offensive players that go elsewhere, and become pedestrians.
We've also seen so many defensive players go elsewhere, and flourish.

So, no, I don't think Payton is the genius without Brees.

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

In Payton's defense, most coaches would look like garbage with bad QBs.  If you're a QB and you want to play in the league, I think Payton is up there with the top coaches you could ask for.  Behind Belichick of course.

Even Belichick looked like crap with bad QBs... look at his stops with other teams.

Gotta watch out for those running backs the Bears have. Contain them and force the inexperienced QB to beat us, same plan as last week. It probably won't be as easy though, those backs they have could give us a ton of trouble. Their offense hasn't done well statistically, but that doesn't always matter when talent takes over.

I haven't heard an update on Michael Thomas yet. Anyone know if he's playing (knee)?

I would so so so love to see Ingram and Kamara do another 100+ each. This duo is getting really fun to watch, and it seems Payton, for some odd reason, is actually feeding Ingram like he should. When Ingram gets into rhythm, it's pretty dang fun to watch.

Down wit dem Bears!

Archived