? Week 8 GDT - Home Sweet Dome vs Da Bears - 1pm EST on FOX

Mid Iowa

29 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

There is next to no chance we win.

Going on the road, against a talented offense, and playing not to lose is a recipe to lose.

Fox and his uber conservative BS is going to get a rude awakening when he tries to throw 7 passes and win a game. If Brees does not chuck us a couple pick 6s we are going to probably get shut out.

Saints 17

Bears 9

If Brees doesn't throw any picks Trubisky better get ready to throw 30+ times.

We apparently are bad against the run, and I don't see us winning with multiple Brees picks.  If Brees is on his game I don't see how we lose though.

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

The Bears defense has been dominant most of the season. It got lost in the garbage that is Mike Glennon.

There is a good chance that we kill Drew Brees throughout the game. We have been absolutely assaulting QBs all season. Akiem Hicks has been playing at a defensive player of the year level.

The Saints will win because on offense John Fox does not even let us try to do anything. We went up 14 against the Panthers and proceeded to run an offense from the 1940s and happily punt.

I highly doubt Brees takes much of a beating this game. He's quite possibly the best QB in the NFL at not taking sacks/getting the ball out quickly. Drew Brees has taken a total of 5 sacks this year, which is easily the best in the NFL this season among starting QB's. He's also gone up against the Vikings, Patriots, Panthers, Dolphins, Lions and Packers and still only taken 5 sacks against what are some top notch defenses in the NFL.

As for Hicks, I'm glad to see him succeed with the Bears. Kinda sucks we got rid of him, but thankfully we've seen our defense make some pretty substantial leaps forward this season.

He's thrown 3 interceptions (I don't count that bs call vs the lions lol) this season which is among the best in the NFL for starting QB's. As for throwing in the dirt. That is so much better than taking a sack as it doesn't kill the drive like a sack, and despite him constantly throwing in the dirt he still has a 69% completion percentage this year which is among the best in the NFL ?.

I've really liked his decision making this season. I can forgive his 2 bad throws last week in the rain at lambeau field as he bounced back and threw for 330, and 2 touchdown in one of the toughest environments in the NFL

7 hours ago, Breesus mode said:
7 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

It wasn't intended as the GDT. Feel free to start one :)

I did, they merged my thread with yours. 

Yeah my bad. Meant to change the title and make a post about merging them and totally forgot.

Feel free to start a seperate thread for anything you wanted to discuss about the bears game, more threads is good!

I just thought these both looked GDT worthy and merged them.

So Hicks mentions how he found out he was traded... Was in D-Line meeting and Payton stuck his head in to tell him he'd been traded for a blocking TE.

Says Saints were in a mist of defensive power struggle during that time with Payton demanding Rob Ryan mirror the Seahawks defense forcing him (Hicks) a 335 lb 6'5" DT to play DE. Says he was clearly miscast in the situation he was in but still wanted to stay. Choose the Bears over the Pats in FA because of bond he had with Ryan Pace from their days in NOLA.

I can clearly understand his frustrations as we all know how bad Payton screwed the pooch those days with his "i wanna be SEATTLE DEFENSE" mindset. Payton mentions Nicovich, Jenkins and Hicks as players he wished he could have back. Well... That Seattle love fest he had cost us two of those guy's in Jenkins and Hicks. Ryan wasnt a great DC for us but he was honest when he called Payton out for his meddling ways. It was Ryan who stated it was Paytons idea to let Jenkins go and go after Byrd in FA. Ryan wanted to keep Jenkins and Harper together with Vaccaro in the slot/NLB. Imagine Hicks on this roster right now as a pass rushing NT... ?

Yes our defense was terrible but this is why i had been so tough on Payton because it was so obvious that he personally had alot to do woth that. While i want my Saints to win this week I cant help myself but to root for Hicks to have a stellar game and shove it right down Payton's throat.

1 hour ago, whodatworm23 said:

So Hicks mentions how he found out he was traded... Was in D-Line meeting and Payton stuck his head in to tell him he'd been traded for a blocking TE.

Says Saints were in a mist of defensive power struggle during that time with Payton demanding Rob Ryan mirror the Seahawks defense forcing him (Hicks) a 335 lb 6'5" DT to play DE. Says he was clearly miscast in the situation he was in but still wanted to stay. Choose the Bears over the Pats in FA because of bond he had with Ryan Pace from their days in NOLA.

I can clearly understand his frustrations as we all know how bad Payton screwed the pooch those days with his "i wanna be SEATTLE DEFENSE" mindset. Payton mentions Nicovich, Jenkins and Hicks as players he wished he could have back. Well... That Seattle love fest he had cost us two of those guy's in Jenkins and Hicks. Ryan wasnt a great DC for us but he was honest when he called Payton out for his meddling ways. It was Ryan who stated it was Paytons idea to let Jenkins go and go after Byrd in FA. Ryan wanted to keep Jenkins and Harper together with Vaccaro in the slot/NLB. Imagine Hicks on this roster right now as a pass rushing NT... ?

Yes our defense was terrible but this is why i had been so tough on Payton because it was so obvious that he personally had alot to do woth that. While i want my Saints to win this week I cant help myself but to root for Hicks to have a stellar game and shove it right down Payton's throat.

I think Payton had his wake up call though. He went out and hired new blood for the defensive staff this year and look at the turnaround. It sucks that it may have cost us some good players like Hicks, but I think Payton learned his lesson.

15 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

I think Payton had his wake up call though. He went out and hired new blood for the defensive staff this year and look at the turnaround. It sucks that it may have cost us some good players like Hicks, but I think Payton learned his lesson.

We can hope... 

8 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Can you imagine our D right now with Hicks in the middle with Rankins, Jordan on the outside, with Lattimore in coverage....

Of course, we probably wouldn't have drafted Rankins with Hicks properly played, but it's still a fun imagination.

12 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Yeah my bad. Meant to change the title and make a post about merging them and totally forgot.

Feel free to start a seperate thread for anything you wanted to discuss about the bears game, more threads is good!

I just thought these both looked GDT worthy and merged them.

Hey Dome, if you have a few minutes, change the title to be consistent with the other GDT posts i.e. Week 7 GDT - Bears vs. Saints......
If not, I'm sure we'll live :). Just thought it would look consistent. 

Cheers!

37 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Hey Dome, if you have a few minutes, change the title to be consistent with the other GDT posts i.e. Week 7 GDT - Bears vs. Saints......
If not, I'm sure we'll live :). Just thought it would look consistent. 

Cheers!

tenor.gif

and fwiw since you made the first post, you always have the ability to change the title too...

just click the edit button on your original post that started the thread. If you ever feel so inclined...

Archived