2021 Camp Thread

hrubes20

Figured we should have one for camp news and discussion.  Early reports have Tua, Albert Wilson, and Waddle tearing it up.  Kindley and Igbinoghene have been big disappointments so far.  Kindley was even demoted to the 3rd team for awhile.  The starting Oline has consistently been Jackson/Eichenburg/Dieter/Hunt/Davis, which was surprising to see.

Igbinoghene being a disappointment might be the reason Miami is willing to come back to the table with X.

The reason I think Miami took Iggy was knowing X could become disgruntled and he could have slid into that 1:1 cover corner.  Not happening I guess.

Hoping the reason the OL isn't looking great is because the DL is just that stacked. 

Gotta think WR group for week one is Parker, Fuller (1 game suspension tho), Waddle, Williams, Wilson, Hollins (ST gunner).  Hurns, Ford and Grant are odd men out.

9 minutes ago, Rgossett07 said:

Igbinoghene being a disappointment might be the reason Miami is willing to come back to the table with X.

The reason I think Miami took Iggy was knowing X could become disgruntled and he could have slid into that 1:1 cover corner.  Not happening I guess.

Hoping the reason the OL isn't looking great is because the DL is just that stacked. 

Gotta think WR group for week one is Parker, Fuller (1 game suspension tho), Waddle, Williams, Wilson, Hollins (ST gunner).  Hurns, Ford and Grant are odd men out.

Man, I have no idea about the WR group right now, just due to the injuries to Parker/Fuller/Williams.  Neither Fuller/Williams have practiced and they are bringing Parker along really slowly.  Grant is reportedly showing really well so far in camp, so it's not a lock that he's cut either.  Bowden, however, looks like he may be a casualty with the resurgence of Albert Wilson.  Gonna be really fun to watch all the YAC that Wilson and Waddle get this year.

18 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

Unless the injuries are serious, the glowing reports about Wilson could be good to enhance his trade value. I wonder how many TE’s and WR’s we keep with reportedly a more TE-focused offense this season.

Certainly possible.  But I'm selfish and want to see some 10 personnel with Wilson and Waddle eating slot CBs alive.  

2 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Certainly possible.  But I'm selfish and want to see some 10 personnel with Wilson and Waddle eating slot CBs alive.  

I think Wilson will make the team. "They" talk about the sophomore slump with 2nd year QBs but I am expecting more from Tua this year. Full off season, better weapons, better line. His major flaw last season is he wasn't Justin Herbert. Will be interesting to see who of the big 3 rookie QBs from last season comes out on top this year. 

Kindley practicing with the 3rd strings is concerning. Jesse Davis and Michael Deiter starting at any position is concerning. Oline overall seems like a concern at this point but we're pretty early on, we'll see

Coleman seems to have snatched the starting slot CB spot from Noah. Whether its because Noah has looked bad or Coleman has looked good i'm not sure. Maybe the team sees Noah more as a boundary guy, but from all accounts it doesn't look like he's having a strong camp again

Happy to hear that Wilson has been balling out. He was definitely a possible casualty coming into camp

Run game still seems bad, but that obviously hinges heavily on the Oline. Chemistry takes time to develop

10 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

Unless the injuries are serious, the glowing reports about Wilson could be good to enhance his trade value. I wonder how many TE’s and WR’s we keep with reportedly a more TE-focused offense this season.

I'd rather keep Wilson. I want WRs who can gain separation, as many of them as possible.

On 8/5/2021 at 3:20 PM, Emerica said:

Kindley practicing with the 3rd strings is concerning. Jesse Davis and Michael Deiter starting at any position is concerning. Oline overall seems like a concern at this point but we're pretty early on, we'll see

Coleman seems to have snatched the starting slot CB spot from Noah. Whether its because Noah has looked bad or Coleman has looked good i'm not sure. Maybe the team sees Noah more as a boundary guy, but from all accounts it doesn't look like he's having a strong camp again

Happy to hear that Wilson has been balling out. He was definitely a possible casualty coming into camp

Run game still seems bad, but that obviously hinges heavily on the Oline. Chemistry takes time to develop

Hopefully as it pertains to the run game, they can find a way to make it so Eichenburg can start at RT, him and Hunt on the right side would make a huge difference in the run game.

19 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

Hunter Long left practice on a cart with a leg injury. 

I still haven't seen any official reports on this, but the people tweeting at camp made it sound like a non-contact leg injury, which are never good.  

11 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

I still haven't seen any official reports on this, but the people tweeting at camp made it sound like a non-contact leg injury, which are never good.  

Yeah that's a shame. He was one of my fav picks this past draft. Hopefully it's just a bad ankle/knee sprain or something. 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 12:09 PM, Rgossett07 said:

With all the Tua, OL, WR and X talk, we aren't hearing much about J. Phillips.  Anyone know how his camp is going?

Been Injured. According to a podcast I listen to, he just got back to practice yesterday. No long term concern though