Looking To Build A PC.....Need Help

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

There are a lot of solid cases out there, often times it becomes a matter of gamers choosing which one they like the most aesthetically once you get into the quality cases as they are all fine 

So your basically telling me it comes down to how many RGB lights you want in a case haha cause that's the only real difference I can see in any of these 😂 I know that 510 elite on has 5* reviews so that's what makes me lean that way. Might as well put the really good equipment from that ASUS in a equally good case to maximize it

Edited by AkronsWitness

I just realized I said the pure base 500DX comes with 2 case fans, it actually comes with 3 but since I went with the AIO I had to remove the one in front to put the radiator in (of course the AIO has 3 fans of it's own sm attached to the radiator) but if you went with an air cooler you would keep the front fan.

10 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

So your basically telling me it comes down to how many RGB lights you want in a case haha cause that's the only real difference I can see in any of these 😂 I know that 510 elite on has 5* reviews so that's what makes me lean that way. Might as well put the really good equipment from that ASUS in a equally good case to maximize it

Yeah basically

NZXT H510 

NZXT H710

Be quiet! Pure base 500DX

Fractal design Meshify

Lian Li 011 Dynamic

Lian Li Liancool II Mesh

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X

Those are a few very popular options, I'd say pick the one you think looks best (or just the cheapest if you wanna save money) as you really can't go wrong with any of them.

Edited by rob_shadows
16 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Yeah basically

NZXT H510 

NZXT H710

Fractal design Meshify

Lian Li 011 Dynamic

Lian Li Liancool II Mesh

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X

Those are a few very popular options, I'd say pick the one you think looks best (or just the cheapest if you wanna save money) as you really can't go wrong with any of them.

Awesome Rob thank you for all of the help with this

On 8/5/2021 at 5:10 PM, MKnight82 said:

Ya I don't play multi-player anymore.  I'll occasionally play online in NBA 2k but that's about it.  I play an online madden league with @Flatlynerbut he's older than me so its pretty even lol. 

If by pretty even you mean me winning most of the time, then yes, its "pretty even" lol

Just now, Flatlyner said:

If by pretty even you mean me winning most of the time, then yes, its "pretty even" lol

That's only because you're a few hours behind me so I'm usually several drinks deeper than you by the time we play. 

• Like 1
On 8/11/2021 at 7:51 PM, rob_shadows said:

Yeah basically

NZXT H510 

NZXT H710

Fractal design Meshify

Lian Li 011 Dynamic

Lian Li Liancool II Mesh

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X

Hate to keep bugging you about this but do you have any recommendations for a good budget monitor in the $150-$200 range? Im trying to look at all of the specs but I have no idea what half of them mean (like Freesync/Gsync and Flicker) and whats important or not outside of FPS.

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hate to keep bugging you about this but do you have any recommendations for a good budget monitor in the $150-$200 range? Im trying to look at all of the specs but I have no idea what half of them mean (like Freesync/Gsync and Flicker) and whats important or not outside of FPS.

Monitors I can't really help with, I don't have a traditional desk setup I have mine hooked up to the big screen.

Just Google "best gaming monitors" and you'll definitely find some good lists and most lists usually try to accommodate every price point.

• Like 1
On 8/17/2021 at 9:24 PM, AkronsWitness said:

What resolution are you looking to play at?

And did you ever finish getting the parts for your system or still in the planning stage?

21 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

What resolution are you looking to play at?

And did you ever finish getting the parts for your system or still in the planning stage?

At this point cost means more than incredible quality. Im not a serious gamer but Im just looking for average/slightly above average at this point with a monitor.

Im currently using a AOC 60hz monitor that I normally work on and when I played Apex earlier I noticed it wasnt bad by any means, but it wasnt 'wow this looks great'. Its the type of monitor that is normally used for work that can just get you by. I just want something thats 'solid' and around $150-$200 thats meant for gaming so I can get a bit of that performance.

Apparently my ASUS ROG pre-built came with a faulty RTX GPU so it got replaced with a Strix GPU for the time being. The problem with it is that it has shut off on me 6x already from overheating due to the poor ventilation/fans. I cant get more than 1 game in of Apex before it just shuts down. Our IT guy said he is going to come over tomorrow to install more fans for it.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

At this point cost means more than incredible quality. Im not a serious gamer but Im just looking for average/slightly above average at this point with a monitor.

Im currently using a AOC 60hz monitor that I normally work on and when I played Apex earlier I noticed it wasnt bad by any means, but it wasnt 'wow this looks great'. Its the type of monitor that is normally used for work that can just get you by. I just want something thats 'solid' and around $150-$200 thats meant for gaming so I can get a bit of that performance.

Apparently my ASUS ROG pre-built came with a faulty RTX GPU so it got replaced with a Strix GPU for the time being. The problem with it is that it has shut off on me 6x already from overheating due to the poor ventilation/fans. I cant get more than 1 game in of Apex before it just shuts down. Our IT guy said he is going to come over tomorrow to install more fans for it.

Well, don't know how far Microcenter is from you, but they have this.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/632887/element-em3fgab27bs-27-wqhd-(2560-x-1440)-165hz-hdmi-dp-freesync-ips-led-gaming-monitor

And I hope the Tech is able to help with your problem.

16 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

Well, don't know how far Microcenter is from you, but they have this.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/632887/element-em3fgab27bs-27-wqhd-(2560-x-1440)-165hz-hdmi-dp-freesync-ips-led-gaming-monitor

And I hope the Tech is able to help with your problem.

Is that the monitor you would recommend? 27" 165hz that is 1440 seems like it hits all of the boxes before you get into the super expensive 4k category

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Is that the monitor you would recommend? 27" 165hz that is 1440 seems like it hits all of the boxes before you get into the super expensive 4k category

For your budget, yeah. 1440p and its over 144Hz with a 1ms response time, absolutely. 

I personally have this https://www.microcenter.com/product/626571/acer-nitro-xv272u-vbmiiprx-27-wqhd-170hz-hdmi-dp-freesync-hdr400-ips-led-gaming-monitor
And yours(The one Ilinked for you) check all the boxes same as my personal one. That 0.5ms is fake news though. This monitor is really a 2ms monitor. I can tell A LITTLE when I play Apex, but it is by no means bad and I love it. But yeah, the one I linked for you looks really good imo for $200.

Edited by RavensfanRD
On 8/11/2021 at 7:45 PM, rob_shadows said:

I just realized I said the pure base 500DX comes with 2 case fans, it actually comes with 3 but since I went with the AIO I had to remove the one in front to put the radiator in (of course the AIO has 3 fans of it's own sm attached to the radiator) but if you went with an air cooler you would keep the front fan.

I have the be quiet 500DX. I actually purchased an additional two Pure Wings and added it to the front, so I have two in the front as intake, then the AIO radiator, so it's in a push pull configuration. It's a little tricky to set up because the Pure Wings block some of the mounting screws for the AIO. But I was able to get enough in to secure it. Then two exhaust fans out the top and one out the back. Super quiet, can barely even tell when its on.