candyman93

WHO WINS?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. WHO WINS?

• Brownies
    • Urbans Team
    • Horny

11 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I think I'd rather let Teller get a big deal next season elsewhere if that's what he'll get.  Then you get one more season of Bitonio and Tretter in 2022 to evaluate how big of contracts we will need to dish out to keep them on the back end of their careers.  It seems like the safer route.

Every guard we plugged in last year performed well enough, even if Teller's freakish physicality added to our run game.  I'm less confident in replacing our starting center with Nick Harris/whoever.  Also I feel like even if Bitonio's age starts to show, the guy has almost always been healthy and is another coach on the field.

This is dumb, but I would like to keep Bitonio for the longterm just to have another one of those Joe Thomas type situations. As long as he is above average, it would be awesome to sort of reward him with a lifetime contract here so he can finally see the good times.

Its well documented how I feel about him but I feel the same way about Jarvis as well.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, zelbell said:

Is the Transition Tag an option for Wyatt?

would basically give us right to first refusal and see what he’s worth on the open(ish) market

A couple problems with this:

1. Players really don't like being transition tagged. To some degree, it limits the offers they receive. Honestly, it just doesn't seem like Berry's style. But more importantly...

2. If we decide not to match, we get nothing (no comp pick).

7 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Wouldn't we rather sign Teller than extend Bitonio/Tretter in a season or two at 70% if per season of what Teller will get now? If he's reasonable in his asking, I at least consider it.

I think we need to be prepared to replace all of them over the next 3 years or so.

I’d let Teller walk and collect the comp pick. Next year you start someone on the roster currently (Dunn, Hudson, Forbes?) or sign a more moderately priced FA if need be.  On top of that you use a couple picks (R2-4 imo) to start succession planning for Bitonio and Tretter.

Obviously it would be nice to keep everyone, but premium money for a bunch of interior linemen when you’re going to have a lot of guys to resign.