General Defense

onejayhawk

6 hours ago, Kirill said:

He  tried to walk back his comments. Too late bud you already opened the cage you can’t let yourself back in. If I’m Veach I’m trading this punk immediately Belicjick style then just get an actual strong safety in round 2 of the draft to pair with Thornhill. 

Tyrann wants the respect and payday of a veteran defender but he’s small, injury prone and now doesn’t act like a veteran engaging with destructive narratives on Twitter at crucial points in the season.

The argument for keeping him is trying to get his best football in the playoffs where he plays for his next contract with his new team. Then getting the comp value, whatever that is. I say just cut the losses now and go ahead and fire Spags while you’re at it. The team is at a point where we need real changes now so I say let Tyrann and Spags be examples.

Defensive line coach Brendan Daly can take over as interim DC. He found us Danna in the draft and has done good at developing guys and can’t be any worse than Spags.

You are precisely the kind of fan Mathieu is upset about.

I don’t really care what Matheiu said.   Fans are annoying.    I do think his emotions are high from not getting an extension,   He’s been all over the place on social medi all year.     In the end,  I don’t hold it against him…   Just kind of weird seeing 2 of your leaders get into a twitter battle with average joes lol.    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

You are precisely the kind of fan Mathieu is upset about.

Matthieu said on Twitter when he first got here he’s not arguing with people anymore he’s just blocking them. So what changed? He didn’t get paid and he’s taking it out on the fanbase like a petulant child. Tyrann you’re leading the worst defense in the league my guy you should focus on getting that fixed not what people are saying on Twitter.

Chris Jones is the only veteran you should care about on this defense. Anthony Hitchens, Tyrann Matthieu, and Frank Clark will all be gone next season. There’s a word for guys like these… “stopgap.” We drafted CJ so he’s our own for better or worse. We keep him, hand Nick Bolton the keys to the car, sign a free agent pass rusher and draft a strong safety partner for Thornhill and we’ll be ok. Tyrann can go get paid by some trash team this offseason then tweet all day long and fade into obscurity and no one will care.

I’ve gone to bat for this dude calling him a DPOY. There’s a time and place to worry about what Twitter thinks. Actually no, there isn’t, but even if there was… this is not that. We’re 3-4 in danger of missing the playoffs i promise you this guy is just thinking about his next contract. You haven’t seen him make any physical plays at all. 

Edited by Kirill

11 hours ago, RedGold said:

I don’t really care what Matheiu said.   Fans are annoying.    I do think his emotions are high from not getting an extension,   He’s been all over the place on social medi all year.     In the end,  I don’t hold it against him…   Just kind of weird seeing 2 of your leaders get into a twitter battle with average joes lol.    

HB is actually well known for this, he regularly picks fights with random fans on twitter, in the city’s he plays in

This was posted last Sunday during the game, and like clockwork HB got into it.

Really he just needs to shut up, take some responsibility and be a leader. Problem is hes looking for a new contract so business decisions are being made on the field. 

If our two main guys who are “set for life” could stop coasting on prior accomplishments and make some plays they could turn this defense around. 

So, Sorensen is basically responsible for 21 of the 24 points we've allowed the last two weeks. He gave up the TD to Lazard, he gave up the TD to Engram, and the Giants other TD came on the drive with the 50 yard DPI/catch allowed combo to John Ross.

Every defensive starter has played well these two weeks. Even Frank Clark looks rejuvenated. It's just that freaking backup safety.

If Rodgers is in there he takes advantage of Sorensen and Neimann being in the game on 3rd downs and this defense isnt looking so great today. Dont be fooled, Spagz is as stubborn as ever, 

I just cant believe it, how many more times do we have to see DS/BN out there giving up plays in coverage or against the run before Reid steps in? Is Spagz actively trying to get fired?

On 11/7/2021 at 9:45 PM, Chiefer said:

If Rodgers is in there he takes advantage of Sorensen and Neimann being in the game on 3rd downs and this defense isnt looking so great today. Dont be fooled, Spagz is as stubborn as ever, 

I just cant believe it, how many more times do we have to see DS/BN out there giving up plays in coverage or against the run before Reid steps in? Is Spagz actively trying to get fired?

Is Andy? Martyr for Beienemy?

We have climbed out of the dregs of the league but not yet to mediocrity. It says something when not-too-bad is a big improvement. 

That said, there are clear signs of hope. For the first time the defense is starting to get really healthy. Clark is looking like the guy that signed the big check. Jones is looking better. Ingram gives them a quickness dimention that they didn't have. We ahve three healthy LB and three healthy CB for the first time. 

The Raiders have been middle of the pack offensively and they are dealing with the Ruggs situation. We will see how the defense handles them. 

They really did a good job last night. Sorensen and Neimann really cut down on mistakes despite playing 50% of the snaps, and the DL took advantage of a badly rebuilt OL. 

Boltons lowest snap count of the season i believe, Raiders were in full pass mode from jump street.

Be interesting to see how they take on those WRs from Dallas next week. I dont think their OL is very good.

11 hours ago, Habbsawce said:

Man, I really thought Clarke was done but it turns out once he was healthy he returned to beast form. With his play and moving Jones back into the middle this Dline looks nasty.

Jones played all over. He had a sack or assist against four different Dallas OL.