General Defense

onejayhawk

9 hours ago, RedGold said:

They looking lost cuz everybody has been hyping them up as special all training camp.     I kid, I kid.   Sort of 

They looked lost because they were up against something unfamiliar. The Ravens had some new wrinkles in the blocking scheme that the Chiefs had not seen and were not prepared to counter. 

15 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

They looked lost because they were up against something unfamiliar. The Ravens had some new wrinkles in the blocking scheme that the Chiefs had not seen and were not prepared to counter. 

That’s a pretty awful excuse considering we essentially had our first string,  and they were missing their top 2 OL and down to their 4th/5th string backs.      It’s only 1 game,   But that’s an awful excuse.  The D was horrendous and it was much more about how they played than what Baltimore did 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, RedGold said:

That’s a pretty awful excuse considering we essentially had our first string,  and they were missing their top 2 OL and down to their 4th/5th string backs.      It’s only 1 game,   But that’s an awful excuse.  The D was horrendous and it was much more about how they played than what Baltimore did 

Not an excuse, much less an awful one. It's giving credit to an opponent who earned it. Jarran Reed sounded off on the subject. 
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/23/kansas-city-chiefs-jarran-reed-thoughts-on-defensive-struggles/

Edited by onejayhawk

27 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Not an excuse, much less an awful one. It's giving credit to an opponent who earned it. Jarran Reed sounded off on the subject. 
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/23/kansas-city-chiefs-jarran-reed-thoughts-on-defensive-struggles/

Just because there’s an article written about it, doesn’t mean it’s still not an excuse.   Because it is 

5 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Sorensen has 9 missed tackles, and im pretty sure nobody else in the league even has 5 yet. 

Cant chalk all that up to blocking schemers

He who hesitates...

I am not sure why Sorensen is the one with the big number of misses. I was under the impression it was the whole back seven. 

For what it may be worth, here is Spagnuolo on the subject of his safeties.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/23/kansas-city-chiefs-steve-spagnuolo-juan-thornhill-daniel-sorensen-usage-missed-tackles/

This is a video study of where things went wrong. Gap control was a big one.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/9/23/22688345/film-review-how-the-kansas-city-chiefs-run-defense-can-and-must-improve-nfl-ravens-chargers

Edited by onejayhawk

6 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Sorensen has 9 missed tackles, and im pretty sure nobody else in the league even has 5 yet. 

Cant chalk all that up to blocking schemers

I just can't see the appeal of trotting him out game after game just because he "knows the system". It's gotta be rough for Thorny when it comes to film sessions seeing Dan, basically, being a liability sans a couple of plays a game. I liked Dan a lot better as depth.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I just can't see the appeal of trotting him out game after game just because he "knows the system". It's gotta be rough for Thorny when it comes to film sessions seeing Dan, basically, being a liability sans a couple of plays a game. I liked Dan a lot better as depth.

Reid keeps saying that he had a good camp, and apparently that matters on Sundays lol.

He makes miracle plays, is the only reason i can think of why he’s starting. 

Edited by Chiefer
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Reid keeps saying that he had a good camp, and apparently that matters on Sundays lol.

He makes miracle plays, is the only reason i can think of why he’s starting. 

There’s no reason to start this grizzled veteran over pro bowl ball hawk  Thornhill. Play Thornhill at FS and move Tyrann to SS.

i swear Dirty Dan was the only guy I saw on defense last game because they targeted him nonstop. if they want to target Thornhill in the run game cool at least he’ll give us 5 or 6 picks over a season.

30 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Jamie Collins released by the Lions, do we go after him?

I posted in the news section that I wouldn't mind it for vet minimum. But the more I think about it I think we should stick with who we've got. Let the young guys develop and maybe Niemann can step it up enough to get us a comp pick in the offseason (doubtful).

4 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I posted in the news section that I wouldn't mind it for vet minimum. But the more I think about it I think we should stick with who we've got. Let the young guys develop and maybe Niemann can step it up enough to get us a comp pick in the offseason (doubtful).

Yea and I like everything I’ve seen from Nick Bolton I’m convinced he’s our best LB already. 

• Like 1