Bills extend Josh Allen to 6 year deal through 2028 worth $258m

Trentwannabe

Love my big country boy.

So glad this played out for us. I really thought he was going to be the number one pick. I thought him sitting behind Tyrod for a couple of seasons would be his best chance at succeeding. 

I’ll never forget saying noooo when Goodell said Josh…Allen and not Rosen. 💀

I really thought we were a team that needed a qb to step in immediately to take us to the next level, and thought Rosen or Darnold would be best for our team at that point. Yikes was i wrong. 

i did think Allen obv had the highest ceiling, but didn’t want to have to wait for it.

Happy as hell today. Locked him in!! Hopefully he takes us to the bowl!

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

Lol this was me. I liked Allen leading up to the draft but not as a fit in Buffalo because we didn’t have a veteran for him to sit behind. 

I wanted Rosen or Mayfield.

7 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Love my big country boy.

So glad this played out for us. I really thought he was going to be the number one pick. I thought him sitting behind Tyrod for a couple of seasons would be his best chance at succeeding. 

I really thought we were a team that needed a qb to step in immediately to take us to the next level, and thought Rosen or Darnold would be best for our team at that point. Yikes was i wrong. 

i did think Allen obv had the highest ceiling, but didn’t want to have to wait for it.

I was against the Allen pick too. So glad to be dead wrong. I saw him play 3 times live in college and he looked like a deer in the headlights. Josh is such a rare case. How many guys can you think of that came out of college that had a mediocre college career and had some pretty glaring flaws and were franchise quarterbacks? I don’t think our reactions were unreasonable based off of history. Feels so good to have continuity at QB, HC, and GM. It has been over 25 years, but we’re here to stay for several years. Bills Mafia deserves it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I was against the Allen pick too. So glad to be dead wrong. I saw him play 3 times live in college and he looked like a deer in the headlights. Josh is such a rare case. How many guys can you think of that came out of college that had a mediocre college career and had some pretty glaring flaws and were franchise quarterbacks? I don’t think our reactions were unreasonable based off of history. Feels so good to have continuity at QB, HC, and GM. It has been over 25 years, but we’re here to stay for several years. Bills Mafia deserves it!

Agreed about our reactions. Anyone who was against the pick at the time had every right to be. History was on our side lol.

What bugs me is the NFL Gen who still refuse to move off of their bias and always have an excuse for why Allen is improving. Anything to disregard him.

Im pretty sure he could win Super Bowl MVP and someone would be like “well yeah but Isiah McKenzie is the guy who got so wide open for the game winning TD. He deserves it”

On 8/7/2021 at 9:29 AM, Trentwannabe said:

Agreed about our reactions. Anyone who was against the pick at the time had every right to be. History was on our side lol.

What bugs me is the NFL Gen who still refuse to move off of their bias and always have an excuse for why Allen is improving. Anything to disregard him.

Im pretty sure he could win Super Bowl MVP and someone would be like “well yeah but Isiah McKenzie is the guy who got so wide open for the game winning TD. He deserves it”

I maintain my stance then was the correct one, we hit the lottery ticket, doesn't make buying $3M worth of lottery tickets a good investment! It's why you can't base these decisions with the benefit of hindsight.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 4:10 PM, bigbadbuff said:

Love my big country boy.

Identical story to mine except I wanted no part of Darnold. It was Rosen or wait another year. Period. So glad no one in Buffalo listens to me! LOL