NBA Off-Season Thread: USA Wins Gold!!!

the lone star

4 years $92M for Gordon. I really hope Nuggets offered that kind of money to Grant, but I’m pretty sure they topped out at $80M. I get it, cap always rising, but these guys are on separate tiers. Ultimately it’s probable Grant wasn’t staying no matter what, wanted opportunity to shine and earn a max seal.

Weren’t gonna attract any FAs, if this was Gordon’s cost then so be it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

4 years $92M for Gordon. I really hope Nuggets offered that kind of money to Grant, but I’m pretty sure they topped out at $80M. I get it, cap always rising, but these guys are on separate tiers. Ultimately it’s probable Grant wasn’t staying no matter what, wanted opportunity to shine and earn a max seal.

Solid deal. Slight overpay and seems like Denver will have to go bare bones beyond their top 4 once MPJ gets paid.

Should be a great top 4 that fits really well together though.

20 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Gordon is easily a better fit for the Nuggets, IMO. I don't think it's all that close, either. Tho Grant is "better" 

Nuggets hitting the tax. Lets go win a chip 

16 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Solid deal. Slight overpay and seems like Denver will have to go bare bones beyond their top 4 once MPJ gets paid.

Should be a great top 4 that fits really well together though.

they just paid Barton and Green in FA too. Have some nice young cheap prospects (Nnaji, Hyland, Dozier) .... man the Jamal injury is brutal. but this team is so stacked. fun times ahead. well, it's been fun times for 5 years too lol

On 9/14/2021 at 10:49 AM, Texansfan713 said:

i take it yall saw the john wall news.

any predictions?

Probably will have to be sent out as part of a massive deal that involves Ben Simmons leaving Philadelphia. 

I've seen the Clippers mentioned as possible suitor in a deal where they'd send Kennard, Bledsoe, and Ibaka to Houston for Wall. If I were the Clippers I'd expand it and try to get Christian Wood back as well. 

Clippers receive: John Wall, Christian Wood

Rockets receive: Luke Kennard, Eric Bledsoe, Serge Ibaka, Justise Winslow, Ivica Zubac