NBA Off-Season Thread: USA Wins Gold!!!

the lone star

@Texansfan713 I think Wall ends up with the Clippers. The deal makes sense for both sides, imo. The Clippers can take a gamble on Wall without having to give up key rotational pieces to match salary if they trade Kennard, Ibaka, and Bledsoe. And the Rockets get salary cap relief because Ibaka is on an expiring deal and Bledsoe is only guaranteed $3.9M/$19.3M for 2022. 

• Like 1

ESPN insider Adrian Wojnarowski spoke out about the prospect of the Rockets trading John Wall. He claimed that it would be “almost impossible” for them to get it done without attaching assets that they’d rather keep. “I think trading John Wall, with two years left and over $90 million is almost impossible unless the Rockets, all of a sudden decide that they’re willing to attach a number of first round picks and I don’t see that scenario. I think he’s going to be in Houston a while unless he’s willing to take money and agree to a buyout, but he doesn’t want to do that right now.”

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

thats what im thinking will happen as well.  me personally i wouldnt mind them giving up the heat 1st rounder next year and the bucks first rounder in 2023 to attach the wall.  

It's just difficult to move Wall because you'll have to match $44M in salary. So any team that wants to trade for him likely has to give up 3-5 players to do so. 

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I don’t see John Wall agreeing to walk away from any of that money.

The rockets are the most toxic organization in the NBA probably. They have the most stereotypical shut up and play owner who refuses to pay the tax hires the cheapest coach and runs the team like a business and mistreats pretty much every player that gives anything to the organization.

wouldn’t be surprised if Wall takes a buyout for his own mental health lol the dude still seems like he’s out to prove he can play too. At a certain point does money really matter when you’re bankrolling that hard. Wall is trying to maintain his baller persona at this point

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I don’t see John Wall agreeing to walk away from any of that money.

After meeting and seeing eye-to-eye on the direction of the Houston Rockets, the franchise and John Wall have agreed on working together to find a new home for the five-time All-Star guard, sources tell The Athletic. The plan is for Wall to remain present around the Rockets entering training camp, which begins late this month, and to not play in games for Houston this season, sources said. - Shams

If he isn't bought out he'll probably just sit out the entire season. The only realistic trade partner that I see is the Clippers. 

2 hours ago, Kirill said:

The rockets are the most toxic organization in the NBA probably. They have the most stereotypical shut up and play owner who refuses to pay the tax hires the cheapest coach and runs the team like a business and mistreats pretty much every player that gives anything to the organization.

Why would their owner pay the tax for a team that's nowhere near contention and at the beginning of a complete rebuild? 

7 hours ago, Kirill said:

wouldn’t be surprised if Wall takes a buyout for his own mental health lol the dude still seems like he’s out to prove he can play too. At a certain point does money really matter when you’re bankrolling that hard. Wall is trying to maintain his baller persona at this point

not sure if serious. lol  i get that your okc thunder couldnt get a top 5 pick from us and we fleeced yall in the sengun trade but come on. 

Edited by Texansfan713

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Why would their owner pay the tax for a team that's nowhere near contention and at the beginning of a complete rebuild? 

He wouldn’t do it even when they were contending. He’s one of those guys who refuses to do it because it cuts into the business profits. Harden gave the team multiple names for HC candidates and they hired Silas instead because he was the cheapest guy they could find. 

That’s why as a Thunder fan idc that they got Jalen Green it’s just going to be Harden 2.0 at best. Jalen Green will get all the personal glory he wants but you don’t have a contender with a Tillman Fertitta running the show. Guy is just from all accounts too toxic.

And yeah nobody should be scared of OKC either with Sam Presti in charge. Guy hit on 3 draft picks early in his career and is now this untouchable god in both the basketball world and Oklahoma city fanbase. I do not get it. KD was a no brainer. Harden he traded for Adams. And Westbrook was a good pick but not a good fit and even he eventually tried to get out of OKC before Kawhi decided on Paul George.

and Josh Giddey is going to be a massive bust. He played like 5 seconds in summer league sprained his ankle and there’s no footage of him in a gym since. All we get are these tik toks that make him look like a little girl.

I’m so mad we didn’t trade up a couple picks to move up one spot and get Jalen Suggs.