3rd Quarter Woes Under Fox

IronMike84

1 hour ago, G08 said:

I've seen Patriots games where they have the lead in the 4th quarter and all they are doing is running the ball.. and that's with arguably the greatest "winner" at the position.

Except the Bears started doing this in the third quarter, not towards the end of the 4th quarter.

Just now, blkwdw13 said:

Except the Bears started doing this in the third quarter, not towards the end of the 4th quarter.

Still won my dude. Again, I get it, but the defense was balling out... even if we had Tom Brady under center I'd understand the approach.

I'd be a lot more upset if we were up 6 or less and that's the **** we were doing. But +14? Burn that clock. Each possession, ostensibly, burns 2 minutes.

5 minutes ago, G08 said:

Still won my dude. Again, I get it, but the defense was balling out... even if we had Tom Brady under center I'd understand the approach.

I'd be a lot more upset if we were up 6 or less and that's the **** we were doing. But +14? Burn that clock. Each possession, ostensibly, burns 2 minutes.

One play turned the game, if Goldman doesn't get through and make that stop on Newton then it's a completely different game.  Everything had to go right in that game to pull out the win.  In the 3rd quarter they couldn't even hit your mark of each possesion burning 2 minutes, but I guess 23 yards in the second half is good enough because they won.  The Steelers it was 200+ yards rushing, the Ravens it was 50+ runs and the Panthers it was two defensive TD's what is the next crazy way the Bears are going to try and win.  All most including me is saying is the Bears could have done something on offense to really put the game away, same with the Ravens game; but Fox doesn't do this and it's why he only has 3 winning seasons with out Manning.

2 hours ago, G08 said:

I would agree if we didn't have a QB who could use some extra tosses and no chance to lose the game.

Archived