GDT: Pre-Season Week 1 Bills @ Lions!!

Trentwannabe

4 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Say what you what about Fromm physical traits but the boy is a winner and always has been. Just knows how to get the job done and have his team come out on top. And thats what I want out of a backup QB. Especially a QB3.

I don't give a crap about any of that for a third QB lmao.

A third QB should either be effectively a coach (Webb) or an absurd physical specimen who you're trying to tap the potential of. 

A dude with lackluster physical talent, no discernable advantage, and no real ability beyond 100 other of his peers. Nah. The moment he had to play a real opponent with real talent he crapped himself because his arm wasn't good enough. The guys Kirby drove away over him are significantly better and both are primed to start NFL games this year while he can't even crack an active roster.

Bass has definitely come around and has proven he is more then capable of making the clutch kicks even in preseason.

They made it appoint to push the run game early on and Singletary has made some strides i would like to see more of him in the next 2 games. One thing i think was disappointing was Breida, he is just not what the bills need in order to push for a roster spot and i am not sure if Antonio Williams can do it or if they should look to add someone. Moss ha ing injuries in college, last year and now is worrisome and they need to have a capable backup in case he does go down this year behind Singletary. 

Bobby Hart is someone who has been consistently overrated from his  college career to now. Eventhough we have our starters i do not see the point of keeping him around when they can use the rookies to get more reps in so they can become the back up swing tackle as he is not worth keeping around at this point. He was just lost and got Fromm killed on one play and that was against 3rd string back ups. If he ever had to go in to play Allen would have to worry about that. 

Its unfortunate but to see Hodgins get injured again when he needed time to shine is something that will be closely looked at. Hopefully he is able to bounce back from it but if its an injury that keeps him out for the preseason it may be best to put him on IR and let him try again next offseason without having to release him.

Levi looked great but outside of him the CBs werent at all that impressive. Dane and Wildgoose both looked shaky and while they are still young i am not sure it is smart to go in to the season as them being backups. It may be best to look at another veteran to come in and be the back up to Levi. I know sherman and Norman both are out there and while Norman wasnt all that great last year he still made some plays when needed. I think it would be beneficial to bring in someone with that veteran knowledge to play behind Levi this year while they continue to groom the 2 young guys.

Right now for me i think Webb is winning in the 3rd string qb competition. We will likely keep one around as they did last year for covid purposes and i am comfortable with Webb being that guy as he looks like he can control the ball at times with his legs and his arm. He is nothing to be wow'd about but in a situation with a covid outbreak it may be smart to have him as 1 of the 55 roster spots.

Rousseau has come out on fire and hopefully it isnt a fluke but in the 11 snaps he had 3 pressures and 1 sack that is pretty impressive. Hopefully this is our guy we have been looking for since we drafted schobel many years ago as we havent had a productive draftee come in at that position and made a name for themselves since him.