Preseason Week 1: Eagles vs Steelers

Danger

E8bxcQKWQAE1xVf?format=jpg&name=medium

Couple of things of note (not official BUT it is something)

• Greg Ward still starting over Fulgham
  • Jordan Howard listed as #2 RB
  • Milton Williams at DT
  • Sweat/Barnett Co-Starters
  • Rodney McLeod still injured. K'Von Wallace listed as the starter in his place.
  • Zech McPherson the next man up at CB.

7 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Always thought Safety was a way bigger need that it was made out. Didn´t think McLeod was going to be ready for the season and it very well may be the case. 

I think there is a solid chance he's ready to go week 1. He's looked good moving around out there even though he's not practicing with the team yet.

Sucks we lost K'Von for a bit to an injury. I'd like to have better depth at safety, but it is what it is at this point. Kinda wish we took one late (Stevens we selected to be a LB) or picked up one of the top ones that went undrafted.

16 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think there is a solid chance he's ready to go week 1. He's looked good moving around out there even though he's not practicing with the team yet.

Sucks we lost K'Von for a bit to an injury. I'd like to have better depth at safety, but it is what it is at this point. Kinda wish we took one late (Stevens we selected to be a LB) or picked up one of the top ones that went undrafted.

Ugh, this team is going to suck so much this year.

Wish we would be a normal team that values all positions, not just trenches, QBs and WR. The neglect of S and LB under Howie should be a fireable offense alone. 

7 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Ugh, this team is going to suck so much this year.

Wish we would be a normal team that values all positions, not just trenches, QBs and WR. The neglect of S and LB under Howie should be a fireable offense alone. 

At least they are the least valuable positions, but yeah shouldn't neglect any position in the draft. Should at least try at some point earlier in the draft though.

He hasn't really ignored safety though overall considering he brought in Jenkins and McLeod. I thought Anthony Harris was a solid cheaper 1 year add too.

In the draft he did address safety early on in his tenure. His first 2 years he took a safety in round 2. Problem is he missed on both Nate Allen and Jaiquawn Jarrett.

22 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I actually think Wilson and Singleton will be a reasonably good LB duo.

I think they can be okay, but idk about good.

Just being average at least would be better than last year when we were playing Nate Gerry and Duke Riley a good amount lol.

29. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

The Eagles' linebackers were historically bad last season, seemingly attacked and exposed in coverage on a weekly basis. Passes targeting Philadelphia linebackers generated a 113.9 passer rating and were open targets 66.1% of the time — both far from ideal figures. The team brought in Eric Wilson from the Vikings and returns T.J. Edwards, the best-graded member of the starters last year. This group could still use some help, but it likely won’t be coming until next offseason.

This is where PFF had them us in an article last week.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

9 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think they can be okay, but idk about good.

Just being average at least would be better than last year when we were playing Nate Gerry and Duke Riley a good amount lol.

This is where PFF had them us in an article last week.

I think the combination of the system and the upgrade of Wilson will make it a pretty decent pair.

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think the combination of the system and the upgrade of Wilson will make it a pretty decent pair.

Wilson graded out lower for PFF than Duke Riley, TJ Edwards and Alex Singleton last year FWIW.

Only Eagles LB he graded out better than last year was Nate Gerry.

He does bring pass coverage chops that our unit was missing. TJ and Alex aren't gonna be that guy really. Their strength is playing the run.

We'll see I guess.

What is this about system that makes you think it will improve the LBs?

We don't even know much about what Gannon is running.

I could see it more if you said corner cause I think Gannon isn't gonna leave corners on islands like Schwartz did.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

7 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

National types are really down on just about every unit on the team it seems. Little too much group-think and following imo but we'll see. I think we're more talented than being given credit for. 

I agree with this for the most part, but not really at LB. Could our unit be a little better than 29th like say 25th or something?

I could see that maybe, but I don't think they are gonna be top 20 or anything.