Preseason Week 1: Eagles vs Steelers

Danger

18 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

At least they are the least valuable positions, but yeah shouldn't neglect any position in the draft. Should at least try at some point earlier in the draft though.

He hasn't really ignored safety though overall considering he brought in Jenkins and McLeod. I thought Anthony Harris was a solid cheaper 1 year add too.

In the draft he did address safety early on in his tenure. His first 2 years he took a safety in round 2. Problem is he missed on both Nate Allen and Jaiquawn Jarrett.

TBF, Nate Allen wasn’t the same after that knee injury he sustained. I think he would’ve been somewhere above average to pushing into pro bowl as a reserve type of player. JJ was a straight up mistake though. 

I really wish we get to see Davion Taylor before the end of preseason. Sounded like he has put his head into the books since being drafted last year and being a more raw player coming out. 

speaking of our Defensive scheme and what not, didnt they say that Genard Avery was moving to the SAM position? (Just checked he is and Ostman is behind him). Based on these two players being considered for this position, I’d imagine the SAM position will be involved on a lot of blitz packages seeing as the two are former DE/EDGE/OLB tweeners. 

im also excited in general to see how just about everyone looks in pads at full speed. Sometimes the drills don’t always show what we’ll be getting on the field whether it’s a pleasant surprise or an abrupt disappointment. 

also excited to see Quez. See if he’s in an AB situation or just all camp fluff. 

30 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
54 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Is the game on nationally anywhere? 

On the tv listings out here in California I saw it one of the NFL Network channels.

My Spectrum cable in SoCal is showing WFT vs NE on NFLN. I'll be finding a nice river to float in. 

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:
34 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
58 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Is the game on nationally anywhere? 

On the tv listings out here in California I saw it one of the NFL Network channels.

My Spectrum cable in SoCal is showing WFT vs NE on NFLN. I'll be finding a nice river to float in. 

The main NFL Network channel (NFLHD) is carrying WFT vs. NE, but the alternate (NFLaHD) is carrying PIT vs. PHI. At least that's what the listing says.