First depth chart released

AKRNA

Well, even though it's a wasted season I figured I'd post this list of players that don't matter. 

OFFENSE

Table inside Article
Position Player Player Player Player Player Player
WR 10 Jerry Jeudy 1 KJ Hamler 16 Tyrie Cleveland 9 Kendall Hinton 19 Seth Williams 15 De'Mornay Pierson-El
LT 72 Garett Bolles 73 Cam Fleming 75 Quinn Bailey      
LG 66 Dalton Risner 52 Netane Muti 69 Nolan Laufenberg      
C 79 Lloyd Cushenberry III 77 Quinn Meinerz 65 Brett Jones      
RG 61 Graham Glasgow 77 Quinn Meinerz 71 Austin Schlottmann      
RT 76 Calvin Anderson OR 70 Bobby Massie   78 Drew Himmelman      
TE 87 Noah Fant 85 Albert Okwuegbunam 82 Eric Saubert 83 Andrew Beck 89 Austin Fort 88 Shaun Beyer
WR 14 Courtland Sutton 81 Tim Patrick 11 Diontae Spencer 12 Trinity Benson 86 Branden Mack 84 DeVontres Dukes
RB 25 Melvin Gordon III 33 Javonte Williams 26 Mike Boone 28 Royce Freeman 39 Damarea Crockett 32 LeVante Bellamy
QB 5 Teddy Bridgewater OR 3 Drew Lock   4 Brett Rypien      
FB 83 Andrew Beck 43 Adam Prentice        

DEFENSE

Table inside Article
Position Player Player Player Player Player Player
DE 93 Dre'Mont Jones 99 Shamar Stephen 92 Jonathan Harris 51 Marquiss Spencer    
NT 98 Mike Purcell 90 DeShawn Williams 97 Isaiah Mack      
DE 96 Shelby Harris 95 McTelvin Agim 94 Deyon Sizer 68 Lorenzo Neal Jr.    
SLB 58 Von Miller 59 Malik Reed 91 Andre Mintze      
WLB 55 Bradley Chubb 53 Jonathon Cooper 48 Derrek Tuszka 50 Pita Taumoepenu    
ILB 45 Alexander Johnson 54 Josh Watson 62 Peter Kalambayi 64 Barrington Wade    
ILB 47 Josey Jewell 40 Justin Strnad 63 Curtis Robinson 56 [Baron Browning]    
LCB 23 Kyle Fuller 2 Pat Surtain II 13 Michael Ojemudia 27 Nate Hairston 43 Rojesterman Farris 49 Mac McCain III 20 Duke Dawson Jr.
RCB 21 Ronald Darby 29 Bryce Callahan 42 Parnell Motley 38 Saivion Smith 35 Kary Vincent Jr. 34 [Essang Bassey]
SS 22 Kareem Jackson 37 P.J. Locke 41 Jamar Johnson      
FS 31 Justin Simmons 36 Trey Marshall 30 Caden Sterns      

SPECIAL TEAMS

Table inside Article
Position Player Player Player 4 Player
PK 8 Brandon McManus      
KO 8 Brandon McManus      
P 6 Sam Martin      
H 6 Sam Martin      
LS 46 Jacob Bobenmoyer      
KR 11 Diontae Spencer 16 Tyrie Cleveland 32 LeVante Bellamy 12 Trinity Benson
PR 11 Diontae Spencer 1 KJ Hamler 9 Kendall Hinton 12 Trinity Benson

Laughed at the introduction to the depth chart 😆

Some discussions points:

* Not a surprise to see us not give a starting QB
* The starting RT spot "or" is a bit of a cop out, but it must be really close for them to do that. Hopefully Anderson wins the job in the preseason games
* I am surprised Williams is listed as our #2 RB. Vic has gone out of his way to praise Boone, and I thought Williams would get the rookie treatment
* That DE depth chart still scares the heck out of me
* Jonathan Cooper already beating out Tuszka is a good sign
* Baron Browning buried in last is a definite intentional statement by Vic. He sounded very displeased with the time he's missed (all of TC thus far)
* Sterns so low on the depth chart is a surprise. I've heard many singing his praises over the last week, and it's not like Marshall or Locke aren't disposable. I can only think it's a reflection of the Special Teams standing of the other two names

Edited by lomaxgrUK

On 8/11/2021 at 4:44 PM, lomaxgrUK said:

Laughed at the introduction to the depth chart 😆

Some discussions points:

* Not a surprise to see us not give a starting QB
* The starting RT spot "or" is a bit of a cop out, but it must be really close for them to do that. Hopefully Anderson wins the job in the preseason games
* I am surprised Williams is listed as our #2 RB. Vic has gone out of his way to praise Boone, and I thought Williams would get the rookie treatment
* That DE depth chart still scares the heck out of me
* Jonathan Cooper already beating out Tuszka is a good sign
* Baron Browning buried in last is a definite intentional statement by Vic. He sounded very displeased with the time he's missed (all of TC thus far)
* Sterns so low on the depth chart is a surprise. I've heard many singing his praises over the last week, and it's not like Marshall or Locke aren't disposable. I can only think it's a reflection of the Special Teams standing of the other two names

On the Baron Browning point, I noticed that he is in square brackets [] as is Essang Bassey, so I guess they just demoted injured players to the bottom 

A couple things on the OL that jumped out. Muti has moved to his natural LG spot behind Risner. Meinerz has jumped over two established vets in Schlottman and Jones to backup at RG and Center. It's nice to see Anderson in the hunt at RT. 

I'd heard Meinerz is having some exchange issues at the snap. Like to see what happens if he can clean that up.

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Cush gets a bad rap for how he started the season last year but towards the end of it he was playing good football. I think Meinerz was an overreaction pick but he could be our future at RG. 

Listen I don't agree at overreaction on the line at all he's the second best guy at two key spots. From everything I've read he seems like one of our safest picks.

I was hyped for Munchak but he's out done even my expectations 

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Listen I don't agree at overreaction on the line at all he's the second best guy at two key spots. From everything I've read he seems like one of our safest picks.

I was hyped for Munchak but he's out done even my expectations 

Really? We haven’t had a collectively above average offensive line in his two years, so your expectations must have been incredibly low. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Really? We haven’t had a collectively above average offensive line in his two years, so your expectations must have been incredibly low. 

So, it's an interesting point but not that simple. The only two starters that remain from his first year are Bolles and Risner and Bolles was a hot mess. We had absolutely no depth and marginal talent in the OL. Wilkinson was our best option at RT. Our OL was a mess.

Now, Bolles is one of the best LT's in the league. Anderson and Massie are both huge steps up from Wilkinson and Anderson's the best swing OT we've had since Clark. Hopefully Risner is healthy again but backed up by Muti, strongest OG in the league and showed a lot coming down the stretch last year. Cush was awful last year but showed a lot of improvement by years end and by all accounts looks very good this year. Glasgow is a very sound OG but Meinerz is a kid that wants on the field, has the size strength and talent to do it and is backing up both Center and RG, passing both Schlottman and Jones on the depth chart.

If yesterday was any indication, our OL will be both strong and deep this year, a huge turnaround from our 2019 unit.

Personally I think Munchak/Kuper have done a great job. I'm a bit biased though. Kuper and my son were friends in high school and he's a great kid. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

I don't think it's fair to grade Munchak based of of pff box score scouting players are developing under him. His units are prepared or he gets them prepared.  Not many other coaches are given a raw rookie 3rd round pick to throw in as a starter at center. Anderson was a udfa and is penciled in as a starter now.

Munchak gets the best out of guys .

• Like 2

I think overall he’s done a nice job and yes, the individual development of young players has been impressive. But until he fields a good offensive line (something a lot of us expected to see last year), he has not exceeded or even met expectations. It needs to finally come together this year. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 11:08 AM, BroncoBruin said:

I think overall he’s done a nice job and yes, the individual development of young players has been impressive. But until he fields a good offensive line (something a lot of us expected to see last year), he has not exceeded or even met expectations. It needs to finally come together this year. 

I agree it's a results based business but how he turned Bolles around I wouldn't bet against his unit.

On 8/16/2021 at 4:08 PM, BroncoBruin said:

I think the line play last year was impacted by two issues - Cushenberry struggling badly as a rookie and a knock-on impact on Risner - and the traditional poor play at RT. By all accounts LCIII has taken a step forward during training camp and RT, if not great, looks a lot more solid.