First depth chart released

AKRNA

12 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I think Williams & Schlottman are locks for the PS if they clear waivers.  Rypien too (duh).  The only thing that gives a decent chance is this is happening at the same time with 31 other teams.   Going from 90 to 53 guys in 1 go.    Now that the PS rules allow more roster flexibility in who can be stashed there we’ll see this more & more.  

I am hoping Himmelman gets to the PS.  He looks like a monster who needs to be developed. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Man, I just don't see what the Broncos like in Duke Dawson, I've seen, perhaps ONE good play from him, like Hairston much better.

I think most would agree, but Dawson's not going to be included on the 53-man roster right now, so it's a freebie (players on PUP do not count against the 53-man limit).    I'd be surprised if he's ahead of Hairston or any other CB still left.

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I think most would agree, but Dawson's not going to be included on the 53-man roster right now, so it's a freebie (players on PUP do not count against the 53-man limit).    I'd be surprised if he's ahead of Hairston or any other CB still left.

Bassey seems likely to make it, why not just release Dawson with an injury settlement ?? Hairston was outplaying Dawson even when healthy IMO so I don't get why he's still on the team . As I said, maybe they want to stash him, but I haven't seen anything outta him yet.

10 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Bassey seems likely to make it, why not just release Dawson with an injury settlement ?? Hairston was outplaying Dawson even when healthy IMO so I don't get why he's still on the team . As I said, maybe they want to stash him, but I haven't seen anything outta him yet.

Well by being on the PUP, it literally costs them nothing but 5 min-wage game checks.   And it's a free roster spot for 6 weeks.   Let's say 2-3 CB's go down between now and then - they can activate him and maybe then,  he's worth keeping.  If no one is hurt, then he's cut.   It costs them nothing roster-wise.     

I get it if there was any opportunity cost, but in this case, there's no roster price. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

The staff being confident enough with Anderson as their man backup T hopefully speaks to the development we've seen Munchak get out of guys.

And as much as S is our strength, let me be the first to give a big thumbs up to keeping Jaylen Johnson AND Cayden Sterns on the 53-man roster.   Loved the value pick in the draft, and their play this preseason justified staying on.    Obviously Simmons is our boy and love K-Jackson, but likely we'll need 1 of the 2 rookies to be ready to step in next year.   Team-construction wise, this is a great result going forward IMO, only need 1 of them to develop as hoped and we have a min-wage SS to help build the team. 

Edited by Broncofan

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The staff being confident enough with Anderson as their man backup T hopefully speaks to the development we've seen Munchak get out of guys.

And as much as S is our strength, let me be the first to give a big thumbs up to keeping Jaylen Johnson AND Cayden Sterns on the 53-man roster.   Loved the value pick in the draft, and their play this preseason justified staying on.    Obviously Simmons is our boy and love K-Jackson, but likely we'll need 1 of the 2 rookies to be ready to step in next year.   Team-construction wise, this is a great result going forward IMO, only need 1 of them to develop as hoped and we have a min-wage SS to help build the team. 

Hopefully the part about reinforcing special teams comes true

• Like 1