To Saquon, or not to Saquon..

Hunter2_1

In that situation

1. Chubb

2. Zeke

3. Saquon

I think people are overthinking Nick Chubb like crazy and put way too much stock into Hunt being there. Especially compared to Zeke/Saquon he has the highest floor and is the safest option. He's the leader of the best rushing attack in football, don't overthink it by trying to pray Saquon is going to finally earn that #3 overall pick hype.

Additionally, if you miss on your 1st round pick in fantasy, you are likely going to have a bad year--which deters me further from Zeke/Saquon

Edited by AkronsWitness

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

In that situation

1. Chubb

2. Zeke

3. Saquon

I think people are overthinking Nick Chubb like crazy and put way too much stock into Hunt being there. Especially compared to Zeke/Saquon he has the highest floor and is the safest option. He's the leader of the best rushing attack in football, don't overthink it by trying to pray Saquon is going to finally earn that #3 overall pick hype.

Additionally, if you miss on your 1st round pick in fantasy, you are likely going to have a bad year--which deters me further from Zeke/Saquon

I'm taking Ekeler over Barkley. I'm weirdly bullish on Ekeler this year. He's so much better than people really think about in terms of fantasy. 

But I'm with you. I basically can't justify Saquon in the first unless you're at the turn. In a 10 man league, I think he's a second round pick, to be honest. In a 12 man league if you want to take him at 11 / 12, I won't argue it, but having Barkley doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies at all. 

7 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm taking Ekeler over Barkley. I'm weirdly bullish on Ekeler this year. He's so much better than people really think about in terms of fantasy. 

But I'm with you. I basically can't justify Saquon in the first unless you're at the turn. In a 10 man league, I think he's a second round pick, to be honest. In a 12 man league if you want to take him at 11 / 12, I won't argue it, but having Barkley doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies at all. 

Yeah man, Barkley I just don't know. I trust him as much as I trust Keenan Allen in fantasy. He's just a player I avoid if I have the choice.

Zeke carries baggage, his health is fine for the most part but he is so hit and miss. Ppl think they are drafting the same Zeke that ran behind the best OL in the league--thats not the case anymore.

I would take both of them if there was no other options, but on no planet am I taking either one over Chubb.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

So you’d be okay with the reverse? Either way I win 

Definitely okay with it just because it works out the same way. Both can easily outproduce their ADP in any given week or over the course of the season which is great because if it happens when the other has a rough week, you might be covered

On 9/6/2021 at 5:11 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Close to playing or close to being a workhorse. Thats the real question

Does it matter? His first two games are Denver and Washington, I believe. If he has 110 rushing yards after two weeks, I'd be shocked to be honest. If you are playing him, I think you're just hoping he gets a bunch of checkdowns in a ppr league or scores a random touchdown. 

56 minutes ago, Forge said:

Does it matter? His first two games are Denver and Washington, I believe. If he has 110 rushing yards after two weeks, I'd be shocked to be honest. If you are playing him, I think you're just hoping he gets a bunch of checkdowns in a ppr league or scores a random touchdown. 

I feel like it matters enough. If he's just close to playing he probably is limited and game script might just pull him off the field entirely

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I feel like it matters enough. If he's just close to playing he probably is limited and game script might just pull him off the field entirely

The more I've thought about him, the more I'm out on him tbh. I hate that offense. I hate that offensive line. I don't love the defensive schedule. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The more I've thought about him, the more I'm out on him tbh. I hate that offense. I hate that offensive line. I don't love the defensive schedule. 

Oh I havent drafted him at all, never really been afforded the opportunity too much either anyways, he was gone when I was picking 9th and 12th, passed on him at 5

• Like 1

How are we feeling Barkley owners? His performance week 1 doesn't surprise me. Only box score scouting here but..

10 carries for 26 yards

1 catch on 3 targets for 1 yard.

Was anyone able to watch the game and see how he looked on the field? Quick turnaround against WFT on Thursday this week as well. 

Edited by VikeManDan