To Saquon, or not to Saquon..

Hunter2_1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2021 at 4:01 PM, Forge said:

Does it matter? His first two games are Denver and Washington, I believe. If he has 110 rushing yards after two weeks, I'd be shocked to be honest. If you are playing him, I think you're just hoping he gets a bunch of checkdowns in a ppr league or scores a random touchdown. 

He did not hit 110 yards. 

He'll have a better week this week, but man, his long term schedule really isn't awesome. New Orleans in week 4. Rams in week 6. Carolina's better than expected d in week 7. Tampa in week 11, Miami in week 13. 

His matchups with Philly may be a little better now with Graham out, but that front looked very good against the niners. 

I think if he has a good week this week or in 3 weeks against Dallas, try and sell him off. 

• 2 weeks later...

4 weeks in, how are we feeling?

Buy, Sell, Hold?

I think I'm going to hold, especially with Montgomery going down my RB depth isn't all that great anymore.

Henry, Barkley, Monty (out 4-5), Javonte Williams, and Ty'Son Williams.

If I did move him it'd have to be for an RB2 and a WR2 at a minimum I think, for my roster construction. 

He's gotten better and better each week.

6 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Buy, Sell, Hold?

I think I'm going to hold, especially with Montgomery going down my RB depth isn't all that great anymore.

Henry, Barkley, Monty (out 4-5), Javonte Williams, and Ty'Son Williams.

If I did move him it'd have to be for an RB2 and a WR2 at a minimum I think, for my roster construction. 

He's gotten better and better each week.

I'm still not all the way in on him. I mean, the big play was nice...but you're basically counting on something like that ever week. He's almost like a tight end in that regard. Hoping for the random huge play or that he falls into the endzone.  He's averaging 3.5 yards per carry. Not his fault...the line is a mess, the schedule has been rough (and as I mentioned before, doesn't really get a ton better). He gets the snap count, and volume is king. He's getting about 20 attempts between the run game and passing game, which is great, but the passing game volume has coincided with wide receiver injuries to shepard and slayton, which is not ideal.  I still think he's more inefficient low end RB1, RB2. I think he'll give you weeks where he's like a top 5 guy crushing 30 points, but then I think there is going to be several weeks where he's capping at 10-11. 

14 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Buy, Sell, Hold?

If it's PPR then I'd hold onto him. He got off to a slow start but the Giants have definitely made more effort to get him involved, particularly in the passing game. He looked rusty the first two weeks but is finally starting to look healthy again. In their first two games he only had 26 touches and a combined 13 points (6 targets/3 catches). In their last two games he has 40 touches and a combined 49 points (13 targets/11 catches). With injuries to Sheppard/Slayton I think that they'll continue to try and get him the ball more in the passing game as the season goes on. His snap count has gone up consistently every week so far this season as well. 

12 hours ago, Forge said:

I mean, the big play was nice...but you're basically counting on something like that ever week. 

Not necessarily though if it's a PPR format. On the season he's the 13th most targeted RB in the passing game and over the last two weeks he has been the 7th most targeted RB with 13. Slayton/Sheppard are both hurt and those are the Giants primary slot, short pass players. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Not necessarily though if it's a PPR format. On the season he's the 13th most targeted RB in the passing game and over the last two weeks he has been the 7th most targeted RB with 13. Slayton/Sheppard are both hurt and those are the Giants primary slot, short pass players. 

I'm concerned for that target share when the receivers are back, particularly given the inefficiency of the running game and Jones vulturing valuable points

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm concerned for that target share when the receivers are back, particularly given the inefficiency of the running game and Jones vulturing valuable points

All definitely fair concerns especially considering that Sheppard does most of his damage in the short passing game and across the field from the slot. He's a boom or bust type of player. The first two weeks he was a bust, the last two weeks business was booming. DJ's sudden ability to replicate Lamar Jackson's running while also being like Eli Manning throwing has been interesting to watch though, lol. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Forge said:

Where do you draft him next season? This year and that team have been disasters. I think next year he's a back half of the second round guy. If it's a 10 man league, possibly even third round. 

RB prossibly ahead of Saquon

Chubb, Najae, Mixon, Henry,  Taylor, J Robinson, Javonte, Ekeler, Elliott, Gibson, Swift, Montgomery, Jones, Cook, CMC, Kamara, Fournette

Some of those might be pushing things.  Toss in Dobbins, Akers

Taylor, Cook, Ekeler, Najae, Chubb, Mixon, Kamara, CMC, Swift, Gibson, Henry, Jones Montgomery, Fournette.......probably get taken ahead.  

Lots could change with situations evolving at QB, HC, RB.

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

RB prossibly ahead of Saquon

Chubb, Najae, Mixon, Henry,  Taylor, J Robinson, Javonte, Ekeler, Elliott, Gibson, Swift, Montgomery, Jones, Cook, CMC, Kamara, Fournette

Some of those might be pushing things.  Toss in Dobbins, Akers

Taylor, Cook, Ekeler, Najae, Chubb, Mixon, Kamara, CMC, Swift, Gibson, Henry, Jones Montgomery, Fournette.......probably get taken ahead.  

Lots could change with situations evolving at QB, HC, RB.

For sure. I would expect them to acquire a better QB, and that may really help. Honestly, I'd probably take Elijah Mitchell before I took Saquon at this point. 

Really curious to see what the Giants look like next year, because if it's similar to this incarnation, I don't think I'll have any shares of him again next year. I just don't know how you trust him at all. And he's a health risk to boot. 

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

For sure. I would expect them to acquire a better QB, and that may really help. Honestly, I'd probably take Elijah Mitchell before I took Saquon at this point. 

Mitchell is someone I considered listing.  He gets injured often, so not sure I'd take him over Saquon when combined with possible time share.

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

Really curious to see what the Giants look like next year, because if it's similar to this incarnation, I don't think I'll have any shares of him again next year. I just don't know how you trust him at all. And he's a health risk to boot. 

Couple teams might have new QB, HC etc that change things.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2021 at 7:06 PM, Forge said:

Where do you draft him next season? This year and that team have been disasters. I think next year he's a back half of the second round guy. If it's a 10 man league, possibly even third round. 

Whatever they decide to do at QB/HC/OL will make all the difference in the world. We've seen with so many RB, a short period of elite production, they get injured and they're never the same so I'll probably pass on him altogether. 

The RB that interest me the most going into next season are Javonte Williams, D'Andre Swift, Travis Etienne, Tony Pollard, and Elijah Mitchell. Younger guys that can be 3 down work horses but don't have a ton of mileage on their bodies physically.