Preseason Wind Down - Post your Projected 53

onejayhawk

DE is going to be tough.   Ward making plays,  Kaindoh has the draft pick thing going for him.   Don’t see either sliding to PS.

Jones / Clark / Danna / Charlton / Kaindoh / Ward

Okafor may have a short lived reunion.

Dorian O’Daniel has yet to be seen, for a guy that needs to prove something 

Edit: Now D’OD gets some action,  still don’t think he makes it.  

Edited by samsel23

2 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

DE is going to be tough.   Ward making plays,  Kaindoh has the draft pick thing going for him.   Don’t see either sliding to PS.

Jones / Clark / Danna / Charlton / Kaindoh / Ward

Okafor may have a short lived reunion.

Dorian O’Daniel has yet to be seen, for a guy that needs to prove something 

Okafor and Charlton historically can't stay healthy. I imagine one of them will be on IR sooner or later.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Interesting that Thornhill is playing with the 3rd/4th string. Why not have Key or another rookie out there?

I think they want him to get better as an overall player.  They know he can play deep,   They keep putting him up closer in man/ run game

• Like 1

53 Guess with this one almost over:

(2)QB -   P. Mahomes  //  C. Henne
(3)RB -   CEH  //  D. Williams  //  J. McKinnon
(6)WR - T. Hill  //   M. Hardman  //  D. Robinson  //  B. Pringle  //  M. Kemp  //  C. Powell
(4)TE - T. Kelce  //  B. Bell  //  N. Gray  //  J. Fortson
(4)OT -  O. Brown  //  L. Niang  //  P. Tega-Wanogho  //  M. Remmers
(4)OG -  J. Thuney  //  T. Smith  //  K. Long  //  LDT
(2)C -  C. Humphrey  //  A. Blythe

*  FB M. Burton & OL N. Allegretti  replace Long and LDT if they start on PUP
* WR D. Fountain replaces Allegretti/Blythe once they get a few weeks to sort a healthy group of OL.

--    Darwin Thompson, Andrew Wylie, Antonio Callaway  either didn't play,  or did nothing to make the roster.

(6)DE - F. Clark  //  C. Jones  //  M. Danna  //  T. Charlton  //  T. Ward  //  J. Kaindoh
(4)DT - J. Reed  //  D. Nnadi  //  T. Wharton  //  K. Saunders
(5)LB -  A. Hitchens  //  W. Gay  //  N. Bolton  //  B. Niemann  //  D. Harris
(6)CB -  C. Ward  //  L. Sneed  //  M. Hughes  //  R. Fenton  //  D. Baker  //  B. Keyes
(4)S -  T. Mathieu  //  J. Thornhill  //  D. Sorensen  //  D. Key

**  Omari Cobb might have made a case for the 5th LB spot.    D'OD has his ST value.  
**  B. Keyes,  C. Lammons, Will Parks,  Armani Watts   is a sneaky good battle for the 10th DB spot.  

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

Tega Wanogho >>> Allegretti > Durant > Blythe >>>>>>> Wylie.

middle 3 playing meh.  
Tega Wanago has looked pretty impressive,   Solid in pass pro,  he’s thrown some nasty blocks in the run game.

Wylie,   Yeah he just ain’t it at RT.   He can’t hang against bottom guys right now.  

Our DB’s are nice.   

Prince making the roster would be sweet, and yes, it would likely bump Wylie to PS.

We had a good and underrated secondary last year. This year will be better.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

If Callaway doesn't play next week and look good, Fountain is the clear front runner for the #7 WR imo.

Now that I think about it, I haven't seen Powell out there. I wonder if he's having trouble with the playbook.

Fountain has been making a play. Unlike several others, he was drafted out of college. He gives them some Sammy-like speed that's not Mecole Hardman.

50 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Hot take: McKinnon is the #3 RB and should push for #2.

Definitely #3, probably of 3, and the best in pass pro. Like several others, keeping healthy has been an issue. 

44 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Okafor and Charlton historically can't stay healthy. I imagine one of them will be on IR sooner or later.

Yep. Those are two more. Okafor has underwhelmed since signing. Ward could conceivably take that job.

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Mike Hughes really trying to make the team.

Hughes is trying to make the starting lineup, not just the roster. Another guy with health issues.

Winners and losers from Game #1
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/8/15/22625809/9-winners-and-5-losers-from-preseason-game-one

Winners

Jerick McKinnon - Locked down the #3 spot
Daurice Fountain - Significant snaps and led the team in catches
Tim Ward - Hello. Two sacks and five tackles
Mike Hughes and DeAndre Baker - CB is looking sweet this season
Tommy Townsend - Townsend looks like he's hunting a Pro-Bowl ticket
Turk Wharton and Khalen Saunders - A coming out for Saunders, these two held the middle in the second half
Jody Fortson - Most snaps on offense and had a nifty one hander to show off

Losers

Noah Gray - Fortson had a big night and Burton played FB
Devon Key - Some rough spots but some better ones too
Mecole Hardman - A key non-catch. It would have been tough but Fountain was making these catches
Marcus Kemp and Cornell Powell - Didn't play much 

I agree with the winners.   I might add Prince Tega Wanogho.  He was clearly the best player along the 2nd string.

Wylie should be a loser.  

Gray is a little rough.   He didn’t play bad,   2 poorly thrown balls.   He maybe should have caught them, but both tough plays.   He had some nice blocks. Not a winner, but loser is a bit much.  

I thought Kaindoh looked the worst of the rookies.   Looked like he was thinking instead of playing