Preseason Wind Down - Post your Projected 53

onejayhawk

2 hours ago, samsel23 said:

I agree with the winners.   I might add Prince Tega Wanogho.  He was clearly the best player along the 2nd string. Wylie should be a loser.  

Having Prince over Wylie would be nice. Wylie has been a good soldier, so the team will force prince to earn it, but clearly the place is there to be won. 

2 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Gray is a little rough.   He didn’t play bad,   2 poorly thrown balls.   He maybe should have caught them, but both tough plays.   He had some nice blocks. Not a winner, but loser is a bit much.  

I thought Kaindoh looked the worst of the rookies.   Looked like he was thinking instead of playing 

I'm not surprised about Kaindoh. No coaching in college. He played a lot. 

Checking the snap counts, I was surprised how little Gray played. He may be on the roster already.  

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

My faves of the night was McKinnon and Ward. McKinnon looks super spry and healthy, more in the mold of Damian Williams. Ward looks like an explosive version of KPass. 

McKinnon has always had game. his problem was staying upright. 

I'm with you on Ward. Okafor was a roster filler. Having someone actively take the spot is a big boost. Danna held his own in the starting lineup.

28 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Saw some of the 2nd. half. Really liked Fortson. He's looking the part too.

Gimme some more Ward. Shazzzam!!

Fortson and Fountain raised some big flags.

Ward will be the new topic this week. This much impact was unexpected. Let's see what he can do against better competition. 

• Like 1

The Chiefs held their final training camp practice at St Jo. Preseason game #2 is Friday in Arizona, 7 PM CDT on ESPN. 

Expect the starters to mostly play the first half. As we know, Mahomes' first quarter was only four plays in Game #1. The OL played 11 snaps. 
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/18/kansas-city-chiefs-arizona-cardinals-preseason-week-2-patrick-mahomes-starters-to-play-first-half/

Edited by onejayhawk

no way I will be able to watch any of the preseason games  ... and for the season ... well .. questionable.

Nevertheless, I'm kinda excited. OL - if they function already now  .. what about the next 4 years?
DL ... flexibility all over the place, providing depth at the same time.

And all around the skill positions young ones claiming attention - which may finally provide a different approach to the plug'n'play thingy the Chiefs did so far.

If I understand the whole situation correctly - they are moving from a "win now" team to a longer perspective (dynasty?) approach - which I like with Mahomes as the cornerstone set for the next decade.

I hope they take some risk with the young ones, shedding some guys who might be better now  .. but failed to develop into REAL contributors (like Watts, Wylie, O'Danile, Niemann and to some part also LDT). I know, not all can go now without somewhat appropriate replacements at hand  ... especially at LB.

9 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

If I understand the whole situation correctly - they are moving from a "win now" team to a longer perspective (dynasty?) approach - which I like with Mahomes as the cornerstone set for the next decade

This is the final year of our big window. I plan on making a post to discuss it but haven’t had the time. 

7 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

This is the final year of our big window. I plan on making a post to discuss it but haven’t had the time. 

why do you think so??

My understanding is: The whole organisation is striving to keep that window open - for as long as there is a certain PM II around. At minimum.

9 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I would have probably agreed,    C-RT all being filled with cheap players may have changed my opinion.     Orlando Brown is the only starter on offense we are set to lose.    Depth is obviously another story.      

DT and DB's might see some turnover.     What they decide to do with Clark will determine a lot though.

Edited by samsel23

2 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Orlando Brown is the only starter on offense we are set to lose. 

Wait .. he is going to stay. They did not trade for him to let him go after a year. If everything works out as it seems today  .. this OL will be set for the next four years.

DL - much flexibility here. On the field and at the negotiation table. Keep Nnadi or Reed, plus Jones, plus the young ones .. and you have a base.

DB - Mathieu is key. Sneed. One of the former first rounders in Baker or Hughes. Thornhill. Fenton will be here another year. Will they be able to keep Ward? Not sure  .. but I don't think he will be considered a 10 M$ guy elsewhere ... Dirty Dan ... his future is limited. why change the setting?

Biggest question mark I really have is the running game - but we will see with the new OL:

I mainly just meant,  O. Brown is the only starter that currently doesn’t have a contract for next year.   He’s, at least, getting tagged.   So we should have every single starter back,  though Hardman has a ton to improve on.   And CEH to a lesser extent.  

I get where Kings coming from though.   I complained a ton predraft about 2022 and on.  

16 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I mainly just meant,  O. Brown is the only starter that currently doesn’t have a contract for next year.   He’s, at least, getting tagged.   So we should have every single starter back,  though Hardman has a ton to improve on.   And CEH to a lesser extent.  

I get where Kings coming from though.   I complained a ton predraft about 2022 and on.  

yep. and the way they approached the OL solves a lot of those problems, providing flexibility elsewhere. All is good. And the core will be back in 2022 and on ..