D82's 2018 7 Round Mock **11/30 Update**

D82

I think the only thing i would change for the Falcons is maybe Nick  Chubb in the 2nd round as i think Coleman will probably be gone for a bigger contract and Chubb gives us a true power guy with elite upside on those short yardage situations we struggle with and we failed on with Brian Hill in the 5th round.  A Freeman, Coleman, Chubb backfield for 1 year would be a crazy strong compliment to our passing game.

We have drafted 2 early rounds Edge Rushers and i personally think if we get another one we should go with a really good vet to compliment the young guys. 

Payne, Smith, and Lazard are some really good picks for where we got them i love those for sure.

11 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

I think the only thing i would change for the Falcons is maybe Nick  Chubb in the 2nd round as i think Coleman will probably be gone for a bigger contract and Chubb gives us a true power guy with elite upside on those short yardage situations we struggle with and we failed on with Brian Hill in the 5th round.  A Freeman, Coleman, Chubb backfield for 1 year would be a crazy strong compliment to our passing game.

We have drafted 2 early rounds Edge Rushers and i personally think if we get another one we should go with a really good vet to compliment the young guys. 

Payne, Smith, and Lazard are some really good picks for where we got them i love those for sure.

Ejiofor is more of that DE/DT hybrid that you guys utilize.

11 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

Ejiofor is more of that DE/DT hybrid that you guys utilize.

Still think we should be ok there with   Jack Crawford, Derrick Shelby, Courtney Upshaw, Grady Jarrett, Adrian Clayborn, Vic Beasley, Takk Mckinely, De'vondre Campbell, and throwing in Payne + Smith as well.

Then theirs a chance either Poe or Rubin might be back as well and a chance we could bring Hageman back although i doubt hage comes back. 

Would have to see how the offseason goes in who we want back or not truthfully.  I don't hate the pick but i consider Chubb a 1st round top 20 talent and something we could for sure use. 

13. Chicago Bears: Clelin Ferrell EDGE, Clemson

47. Chicago Bears: Christian Kirk WR, Texas A&M

114. Chicago Bears (via ARI): Ian Thomas TE, Indiana 

115. Chicago Bears: Chase Hansen S, Utah

153. Chicago Bears: Michael Gallup WR, Colorado State

192. Chicago Bears: Davin Bellamy EDGE, Georgia

235. Chicago Bears: Davontae Harris CB, Northern Illinois 

I personally love the first two picks for the Bears, but how realistic is it that Kirk and Ridley last until the 2nd round.

On 24/10/2017 at 11:13 PM, Desperado82 said:

2. San Francisco 49ers: Saquon Barkley RB, Penn State
33. San Francisco 49ers: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo EDGE, Oklahoma
50. San Francisco 49ers (via NO): Carlton Davis CB, Auburn
66. San Francisco 49ers: Deon Cain WR, Clemson
78. San Francisco 49ers (via CHI): Troy Fumagalli TE, Wisconsin
125. San Francisco 49ers (via PIT): Richie James WR, Middle Tennessee State
179. San Francisco 49ers: Casey Tucker OT, Stanford
224. San Francisco 49ers: Jonathan Cook S, Memphis

I assume the 9ers have picked up a QB in FA in this scenario...

Otherwise they can't pass on a QB early - and they need interior line help - center first and foremost long before an OT.

Would prefer Dante Pettis over Cain in round 3. Love the Okoronkwo pick!

2 hours ago, Danish49ers said:

I assume the 9ers have picked up a QB in FA in this scenario...

Otherwise they can't pass on a QB early - and they need interior line help - center first and foremost long before an OT.

Would prefer Dante Pettis over Cain in round 3. Love the Okoronkwo pick!

Yeah, have you guys getting Cousins in free agency. If ya want, in this scenario they sign a free agent center as well :D

On 10/24/2017 at 5:13 PM, Desperado82 said:

38. New York Jets: Baker Mayfield QB, Oklahoma

52. New York Jets (via SEA): Rashaan Evans ILB, Alabama

70. New York Jets: Nick Chubb RB, Georgia 

108. New York Jets: Micah Kizer ILB, Virginia 

144. New York Jets: Frank Ragnow C, Arkansas 

164. New York Jets (via DAL): Durham Smythe TE, Notre Dame

184. New York Jets: Greg Stroman CB, Virginia Tech 

241. New York Jets (via SEA): J’Mon Moore WR, Missouri 

Jets picks are very good. Too early to make any constructive criticism but I think Jets may need a better CB than Stroman. Switching with either taken ILB may work. 

52 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Jets picks are very good. Too early to make any constructive criticism but I think Jets may need a better CB than Stroman. Switching with either taken ILB may work. 

Fan of the McGlinchey pick as well?

Give us Chubb in the 4th instead of Ballage and its perfect. If the Giants are picking first, im expecting their favorite QB to be the pick. Despite his struggles this season, and even though i like Mayfield and Jackson more, id be ok with Darnold at the first pick if he is the guy. 

A few thoughts...

11. Baltimore Ravens: Auden Tate WR, Florida State I still do not see this happening, kid is a walking injury and has no break away speed

19. New Orleans Saints: Arden Key EDGE, LSU With how he looks the past few weeks no way he drops like this, sure a month ago looked bad but is rounding back into shape big time and is showing a much improved level of conditioning

26. Dallas Cowboys: Marcus Allen S, Penn State Not sure he is worth a 1st round pick, is a good player but his coverage abilities and ball skills are a massive question mark

31. Philadelphia Eagles: Juwan Johnson WR, Penn State No way in Hell that happens, kid has been a disappointment I think.  Does not high point the ball, cannot get much separation and is terrible after the catch.  Needs more time to develop like a year or more, doubt he comes out early

37. Cincinnati Bengals: Mason Cole C, Michigan Is a 1st round pick all the way with how he has played

38. New York Jets: Baker Mayfield QB, Oklahoma 1st rounder I think with how great he has been this year

39. Los Angeles Chargers: Jaquan Johnson S, Miami Really promising safety but this would be a shock, Bates on Wake Forest is a better safety and so is Blanding and a few others

59. Carolina Panthers: Tyquan Lewis DE, Ohio State Has been disappointing, Bosa and Hubbard have greatly out played him this year I think.  Good player but not sure he is a 2nd rounder

60. New England Patriots: Trey Adams OT, Washington Doubt he comes out early after the injury

61. Jacksonville Jaguars: Mark Gesicki TE, Penn State Is a 1st rounder all the way and is better than Mark Andrews at high pointing the ball and is a better athlete, after the combine he will be fine because he is such a freak athlete.

63. Cleveland Browns (via PHI): Joshua Jackson CB, Iowa Good call, especially after this past week kid is a possible star

72. Los Angeles Chargers: Dante Pettis WR, Washington His return ability make him a higher pick than this

76. Arizona Cardinals: James Washington WR, Oklahoma State 1st rounder I think with his consistency as a receiver

80. Oakland Raiders: Dravon Askew-Henry S, West Virginia His teammate 

87. Pittsburgh Steelers: Grant Haley CB, Penn State Haley is not that good of a CB, no way he is a 3rd rounder

90. Dallas Cowboys: Tremaine Edmunds EDGE, Virginia Tech Is a 1st rounder possibly, for sure 2nd rounder, freak show athlete

96. Kansas City Chiefs: Kahlil McKenzie DT, Tennessee I do not see him make many plays at all, kind of a disappointment

118. Oakland Raiders: Darius Jackson EDGE, Jacksonville State Would be shocked to see him drop this far

124. Houston Texans: Jaylon Ferguson EDGE, Louisiana Tech Should come back to school

130. New England Patriots: Porter Gustin OLB, USC Should come back to school

131. Jacksonville Jaguars: K.J. Malone OG, LSU No way he gets picked this high, kid is injured I believe and that OL is better without him it seems. 

136. Dallas Cowboys (comp): Hayden Hurst TE, South Carolina Hope he comes back for another year but is damn talented that is for sure

156. Washington Redskins: Anthony Miller WR, Memphis Will probably be a 2nd or 3rd round pick

186. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Poona Ford DT, Texas Much much better than a 6th round pick more like a 2nd or at worst 3rd rounder

194. Oakland Raiders: Deebo Samuel WR, South Carolina You have him listed twice, once in the 4th round.  The guy is injured and has been for awhile this year, doubt he comes out early and if he does no way he drops this far

199. Los Angeles Rams (via DET): Akrum Wadley RB, Iowa With how he has played he should be much higher than this, more like 3rd or 4th round.

200. Houston Texans: Deatrick Nichols CB, South Florida Will be picked higher than this with how he has played

211. Arizona Cardinals (comp): James Daniels C, Iowa WAY to low for him, he is a 2nd round pick if not a 1st if a team really wants a center.  Kid is a stud and arguably the best center in college, tons of upside and playing great

213. Dallas Cowboys (comp): Max Browne QB, Pittsburgh No way that happens, kid has not shown enough since transferring to be a drafted QB.

229. Miami Dolphins (via TB): Antonio Callaway WR, Florida 7th round really?  Maybe his character is that bad but I doubt he drops this far if he comes out for the draft, way too good of a return man to be ignored.

237. Denver Broncos: Ethan Wolfe TE, Tennessee At his size and athletic ability is more of a 5th or 6th rounder I think

239. New Orleans Saints: Nate Andrews S, Florida State Is not a pro prospect anymore.  Had potential as a younger player but barely plays as a senior and does not make any big plays at all.  Injury history as well, would be shocked to see him drafted as a undersized linebacker who cannot play coverage as a safety.

249. Carolina Panthers: Gaelin Elmore DE, East Carolina Thought he could maybe breakout but looks like not so much, team might have him as a UDFA just on size and length alone but probably will not be drafted

256. Cincinnati Bengals (comp): Matt Linehan QB, Idaho He will not be the last pick in the draft, oh and I thought there were far more comp picks this late in the 7th

• 3 weeks later...

16. Oakland Raiders: Roquan Smith ILB, Georgia

48. Oakland Raiders: Jaquan Johnson S, Miami

80. Oakland Raiders: Jamarco Jones OT, Ohio State

118. Oakland Raiders: Jordan Thomas CB, Oklahoma

174. Oakland Raiders (comp): Kendrick Norton DT, Miami 

194. Oakland Raiders: Darius Jackson EDGE, Jacksonville State

198. Oakland Raiders (via SEA): Robert Foster WR, Alabama 

214. Oakland Raiders (comp): Koron Crump OLB, Arizona State

219. Oakland Raiders (comp): Josh Adams RB, Notre Dame 

221. Oakland Raiders (comp): Dejon Allen OG, Hawaii 

238. Oakland Raiders: Kc McDermott C, Miami 

I don't know who most of these guys are so I'll just comment on the first 2 rounds:

Not a fan of Roquan Smith in the middle of the first for the Raiders. In fact, I'd barely like him in the 2nd. I hope the team can re-sign Bowman so it lessens the burden of taking one high in next year's draft.

Safety doesn't make sense for the Raiders at all. The team has selected a safety in the 2nd round this year (Obi Melifonwu) and in the 1st round last year (Karl Joseph). Plus, 7th rounder Shalom Luani projects to be a quality depth/spot starter player for the team going forward.

Check out my latest mock:

Archived