DE: Hughes, Rousseau, Epenesa, Basham, Obada

DT: Oliver, Loutuleli, Zimmer, Butler

LB: Edmunds, Milano, Matekevich, Klein, Smith

CB: White, Wallace, Neal, Lewis, Johnson, Jackson

S: Hyde, Poyer, Johnson

K: Bass

P: Haack

LS: Ferguson

PS: Fromm, Hodgins, Doyle, A. WIlliams, D. WIlliams, Stevenson, WIldgoose, Hamlin, Wade (+7 others)

Edited by DER10N92
  • Like 1

QB: Josh Allen, Mitchell Trubisky
RB: Zach Moss, Devin Singletary,Matt Breida,Tawain Jones
FB: Reggie Gilliam
TE: Dawson Knox, Jacob Hollister, Tommy Sweeney
WR: Stefon Diggs, Emmanuel Sanders, Cole Beasley, Gabriel Davis, Isaiah McKenzie, Jake Kumerow, Marquez Stevenson*
LT: Dion Dawkins, Spencer Brown*
LG: Jon Feliciano
Ce: Mitch Morse, Ryan Bates
RG: Cody Ford, Ike Boettger 
RT: Daryl Williams, Tommy Doyle*
DE: AJ Epenesa, Mario Addison, Efa Obada
DT: Ed Oliver, Justin Zimmer 
DT: Star Lotulelei, Vernon Butler
DE: Jerry Hughes, Gregory Rousseau*, Boogie Basham Jr*.
WLB: Matt Milano, AJ Klein
MLB: Tremaine Edmunds, Tyrel Dodson, Tyler Matakevich 
CB: Tre White, Levi Wallace, Taron Johnson, Dane Jackson, Siran Neal,
FS: Jordan Poyer, Damar Hamlin*
SS: Micah Hyde, Jaquan Johnson

K: Bass
P: Haack
LS: Ferguson 

Some hard decision. Obvious candidates for the Ps are Hodgins, Antonio Williams, Wildgoose, Jack Anderson, Davis Webb.

After last night i could see that Breida does not make the roster. He will have to improve significantly over the next 2 games. I also think Webb will get a roster spot as i mention in the game day thread he has been proven to be a candidate to be the 3rd qb in which he stays away like Fromm did last year. With fromm going to Psqaud this year as he has some work to do. With Trubisky likely moving on next offseason i could see webb and fromm battling it out for the #2 spot. 

Dodson and Smith both were solid last night and may give Klein a run for his money. I think I am going to be keeping an eye out on the LB spot more now that Milano and Edmunds werent playing and these guys were making plays for us.

Definitely going to be some hard and interesting decisions for McBeane to make over the next few weeks. As much as I want to see the starters in I am more interested in the depth at this point as we know what our main guys can do and not enough of the guys who may see the field if one starter goes down. 

21 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

After last night i could see that Breida does not make the roster. He will have to improve significantly over the next 2 games. I also think Webb will get a roster spot as i mention in the game day thread he has been proven to be a candidate to be the 3rd qb in which he stays away like Fromm did last year. With fromm going to Psqaud this year as he has some work to do. With Trubisky likely moving on next offseason i could see webb and fromm battling it out for the #2 spot. 

Dodson and Smith both were solid last night and may give Klein a run for his money. I think I am going to be keeping an eye out on the LB spot more now that Milano and Edmunds werent playing and these guys were making plays for us.

Definitely going to be some hard and interesting decisions for McBeane to make over the next few weeks. As much as I want to see the starters in I am more interested in the depth at this point as we know what our main guys can do and not enough of the guys who may see the field if one starter goes down. 

Davis Webb made some smart plays this past week. But him and Fromm haven't shown enough to be considered to be competing for the backup spot next season. They both went up against mostly 3s and 4s. Webb is more of a players coach and Fromm is more of a journeymen who will always be fighting for a roster spot with slow development.

16 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Bills have made the cuts to get to 85

LB Mike Bell
DT Eli Ankou
OL Marquel Harrell
OL Syrus Tuitele
OL Caleb Benenoch

Baffled how Hart still is on the roster 

My only guess is because they have just the 5 tackles. Hart and Doyle will get a lot of reps in the final game.

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

My only guess is because they have just the 5 tackles. Hart and Doyle will get a lot of reps in the final game.

Tommy Doyle may have been worse than Hart, which is saying a lot. Still really early, but Doyle is destined for the practice squad at this point. Who’s going to be the 4th tackle if Doyle don’t make the 53? I know Bates is versatile and can play anywhere, but he’s been more focused on the interior I believe.

40 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Tommy Doyle may have been worse than Hart, which is saying a lot. Still really early, but Doyle is destined for the practice squad at this point. Who’s going to be the 4th tackle if Doyle don’t make the 53? I know Bates is versatile and can play anywhere, but he’s been more focused on the interior I believe.

Yeah he was disappointing on Friday. Being a 5th round pick I imagine he'll get every opportunity to make the roster but he'd be an easy inactive on gameday.

I still think the 9 I posted in my depth chart is who we keep baring injury. But if Doyle continues to struggle I could see Jamil Douglas making it over him knowing Bates and Ford could step outside to RT in a absolute worst case scenario. 

It seemed like we had several guys get hurt but nothing of serious as McD said most will be day to day. Even though Phillips injury is minor its to the same knee he tore his acl in 2019 so i am sure he will be extra cautious. Phillips was one of the guys i felt like was on the roster bubble going in to the offseason. During both games his name came up quite a bit for good things so i have a feeling he stays. I have a feeling a surprise cut could be Butler as he was struggling and at times wasnt even giving it 100% during the 4th qtr against the bears. If he is in the game that late to me it seems like he hasnt been performing all that well and to just stop mid play in that game will certainly piss McD off. I think he will be my surprise cut on the defense. 

My bold prediction for offense after this game, is that with Knox inconsistency and Hollister hauling in every pass his way Hollister becomes our #1 te at some point during the season and that Daboll goes with the hot hand at the position just like he will at RB. *unless beane makes a move for one in a trade prior to the season

With Tommy Sweeney dinged up i think it is safe for him to be let go at final roster break downs and get him on the psqaud same goes with Isiah Hodgins. The defense will be important as I think Andre Smith and Tyrell Dodson have proven to be the backup LBs  behind Milano and Edmunds, I am unsure of how I feel with Klein as he has yet to play in preseason and he isnt a starter so it is confusing to see him not get any reps yet. 

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

With Tommy Sweeney dinged up i think it is safe for him to be let go at final roster break downs and get him on the psqaud same goes with Isiah Hodgins. The defense will be important as I think Andre Smith and Tyrell Dodson have proven to be the backup LBs  behind Milano and Edmunds, I am unsure of how I feel with Klein as he has yet to play in preseason and he isnt a starter so it is confusing to see him not get any reps yet. 

Yeah Sweeney and Hodgins seem like safe bets for the PS right now. I think Andre Smith makes the roster but Dodson didn’t look good against the Bears. I think Klein is a roster lock which is why they aren’t playing him. 

Hopefully Phillips is good to go for week 1 or shortly after. The DL room on cut down day is going to be fascinating. The team could realistically keep 11 in total. Especially if Phillips is still injured. 

Jack Anderson played well on Saturday. Could he be making a late push for the backup OG spot or at least a game day inactive behind Feliciano, Ford and Boettger? 

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yeah Sweeney and Hodgins seem like safe bets for the PS right now. I think Andre Smith makes the roster but Dodson didn’t look good against the Bears. I think Klein is a roster lock which is why they aren’t playing him. 

Hopefully Phillips is good to go for week 1 or shortly after. The DL room on cut down day is going to be fascinating. The team could realistically keep 11 in total. Especially if Phillips is still injured. 

Jack Anderson played well on Saturday. Could he be making a late push for the backup OG spot or at least a game day inactive behind Feliciano, Ford and Boettger? 

There was a report that I saw that said the Jets are looking for a pass rusher now that Lawson is out for the season. I wouldn't mind trading one of our veterans to them for a draft pick or two. I know trading within the division is uncommon, but we've done it before. I think we have 3-4 guys on this roster that we could trade for mid to late round picks, especially at DE and WR.

49 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

There was a report that I saw that said the Jets are looking for a pass rusher now that Lawson is out for the season. I wouldn't mind trading one of our veterans to them for a draft pick or two. I know trading within the division is uncommon, but we've done it before. I think we have 3-4 guys on this roster that we could trade for mid to late round picks, especially at DE and WR.

Honestly the only one player I would be interested in moving is Addison. Obada doesnt seem like they would get anything and his versatility of going inside and outside may be worth more to us on the team then for a late round pick. Hughes shouldnt be moved at this time, and we arent going to move basham, epenesa and rousseau. Daryl Johnson has already 2 sacks in 2 games, even though he is backup that is a strong performance plus his ST ability has been solid thus far. I think bills stick with 7 guys at pass rush this year and end up keeping 4 in DT with butler, phillips, star, and oliver putting Zimmer on the psqaud. I dont think butler is that good but I dont see them moving on from him because his cap is pretty much locked in on or off the team. My guess is the Jets look at Ziggy Ansah since he was in San fran for a short stint and needed surgery or Olivier Vernon if he is healthy. 

35 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Honestly the only one player I would be interested in moving is Addison. Obada doesnt seem like they would get anything and his versatility of going inside and outside may be worth more to us on the team then for a late round pick. Hughes shouldnt be moved at this time, and we arent going to move basham, epenesa and rousseau. Daryl Johnson has already 2 sacks in 2 games, even though he is backup that is a strong performance plus his ST ability has been solid thus far. I think bills stick with 7 guys at pass rush this year and end up keeping 4 in DT with butler, phillips, star, and oliver putting Zimmer on the psqaud. I dont think butler is that good but I dont see them moving on from him because his cap is pretty much locked in on or off the team. My guess is the Jets look at Ziggy Ansah since he was in San fran for a short stint and needed surgery or Olivier Vernon if he is healthy. 

This is exactly how I see it going. McDermott and Frazier wants waves of pass rush coming at the opposing team. Right now I assume Boogie would be the inactive on game day.

I do hope they keep Zimmer over Butler but the contract makes it interesting. And Butler is more versatile.