Predict the 53

DER10N92

@Trentwannabewouldnt it be beneficial to keep lamp on the IR as the NFL is having unlimited amount of players able to come back from it. So maybe they may want to hold on to him and see where the oline is after week 3 of the regular season, if healthy he then can come back and play as a backup or fill in for someone who may get injured. Dont see why they should give him an injury settlement as he could be good if healthy

11 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

@Trentwannabewouldnt it be beneficial to keep lamp on the IR as the NFL is having unlimited amount of players able to come back from it. So maybe they may want to hold on to him and see where the oline is after week 3 of the regular season, if healthy he then can come back and play as a backup or fill in for someone who may get injured. Dont see why they should give him an injury settlement as he could be good if healthy

Unfortunately they can’t now. Anyone placed on IR before September 1st isn’t eligible to come back. 

1 minute ago, Kmart128 said:

I was really hoping Hollister would make the team. Cant believe we kept Sweeney over him.

I dont get the obsession of the coaching staff over sweeney. I guess since we never really see him play in preseason or regular season since being drafted as he is always hurt but they must see something in practice to keep him. Rolling 2 deep at the position when you have 1 that is always hurt is a bit risky but I am interested to see how it pans out and a mid season trade for one may be in the works if knox doesnt show he has the ability to be the #1 te on the team.

26 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Anyone else think Tommy Sweeney takes over TE1 from Dawson Knox by mid season?

I think he has a shot if he stays healthy. He has better hands and is more reliable when he actually plays. By the way this offseason has played out, McBeane has shown they have a ton of confidence in Knox and Sweeney, especially after they cut Hollister and kept Sweeney over him.