Stillers vs Iggles

Big Snack

Layne is fools gold.  Him looking decent in preseason is the best youre  gonna get.  He will likely make the roster due to lack of depth, but thats the only reason.   He is a fringe roster player that should hardly see the field, barring injury.

Edited by 43M
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, 43M said:

Layne is fools gold.  Him looking decent in preseason is the best youre  gonna get.  He will likely make the roster due to lack of depth, but thats the only reason.   He is a fringe roster player that should hardly see the field, barring injury.

Layne is the same as Spillane last year. Made a couple “right place right time” plays but that doesn’t make them good players. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

Layne is the same as Spillane last year. Made a couple “right place right time” plays but that doesn’t make them good players. 

Layne has more natural talent than Spillane, but CB is a really difficult position and nothing Ive seen from Layne tells me he has what it takes to be an NFL corner....not even a backup.

This is the 5th year of Layne ever being a cornerback - in my mind the second hardest position to play in the game. I’m not trying to advocate for him bypassing a cut or turning into a stud, but I’m more than happy to see him through his contract…provided he plays a good special teams. 

• Like 2

Im pretty excited to see Bush playing next to Schobert. Without that second cover guy, felt like we were just going to rush Spillane/whoever to keep them out of coverage situations. Bush is a heck of an athlete and a potential playmaker -- I don't want him to stick to one function by default of his running mate. 

Being able to swap Schobert and Bush in rush situations and coverage situations, I would imagine is going to be fun for the DC. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

This is the 5th year of Layne ever being a cornerback - in my mind the second hardest position to play in the game. I’m not trying to advocate for him bypassing a cut or turning into a stud, but I’m more than happy to see him through his contract…provided he plays a good special teams. 

Layne at least has the advantage of being on a team that absolutely sucks at finding CB talent, so he could stick around for awhile.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 43M said:

Layne at least has the advantage of being on a team that absolutely sucks at finding CB talent, so he could stick around for awhile.  

It's really too bad we don't have an "lol" button on FF. Because I didn't want to like that, but I had to. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

I can’t remember where the comments on Bush not living up were, but man just had his first game action since an ACL tare. Can we wait til the end of the season to make these judgements?

Plus he only played one series, didn't he? Far from a sample size deserving of massive critique.