Giants' GM Jerry Reese: 'I'm the reason we're 1-6'

GmenSeattle

12 hours ago, GmenSeattle said:

I imagine the bosses won't let him do anything major.  With OBJ out and 6 losses there's not really any saving the season.

Oh I agree. Reese can’t do anything, and even if he could he wouldn’t 

3 minutes ago, Acgott said:

You can actually do that with all of Reese's rounds.

For just about every pick in every round you can say that there were a handful of not horrible ones that added something here and there.  Along with what, 2 stud 1st rounders.

Reese has not done a great job, but the failure of this season is mostly on Mcadoo. The offense is broken in ways i havent seen since Gilbride's last year here. We are way too talented to be failing that badly. With a high draft pick upcoming and Eli being almost 40 and in the last 2 years of his contract, its time to get rid of both of them and get ready for a mini rebuild. There is a lot of talent still on the roster. 

This season’s colossal failure was a team effort. Reese, McAdoo, the Offense, Defense, and and Special Teams have all done their part. Reese not fixing our weaknesses such as OL and drafting terrible players. McAdoo not making adjustments and only benching poor players when they get injured. The offense not doing anything,  the defense blowing 3 fourth quarter leads. Brad Wing forgetting how to punt and Aldrick Rosas missing kicks in close games.

Reese and McAdoo must go.

See this is what I don't like. I'm not gonna say Reese is great while at the same time I'm not gonna say he is bad because there are way too many things that go on with drafting. Yes that graphic of picks from 2009-2013 is startling. But let's compare to recent years then, because I'm willing to bet the success on those picks are better. So what changed? Did he get lucky in 2007? 

It's silly to pin the blame the majority on him. It's an organisation. Why does nobody blame the position coaches? Nobody ever does that? Not saying that they are the reason but nobody ever points to them. Or the scouting department. Nope it's on all Reese. 

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

See this is what I don't like. I'm not gonna say Reese is great while at the same time I'm not gonna say he is bad because there are way too many things that go on with drafting. Yes that graphic of picks from 2009-2013 is startling. But let's compare to recent years then, because I'm willing to bet the success on those picks are better. So what changed? Did he get lucky in 2007? 

It's silly to pin the blame the majority on him. It's an organisation. Why does nobody blame the position coaches? Nobody ever does that? Not saying that they are the reason but nobody ever points to them. Or the scouting department. Nope it's on all Reese. 

Well for one because position coaches answer to the coordinators, who answer to the HC, who answers to the GM, who answers to the owners. When it comes to talent and depth it's all on Reese. He has total control. He chooses his scouts, he makes the picks, he signs the FA's. If he feels the position coaches aren't developing his draft picks properly then he needs to instruct the coaching staff to replace them. If he's not bringing in the proper talent and depth to support the offensive and defensive schemes whether be via draft or signing he's not doing his job well.

That being said I don't exclusively blame Reese, there is alot to go around but I think he should get the lions share along with Mcadoo, the Oline, Sullivan and Eli. Mostly in that order..

Archived