How to spark our offence?

hornbybrown

The Defense does have some issues but there have been plenty of games that we should of won had we had anything on offense.

The main reason I’m really hating watching the Browns this season is we simply don’t look like we can score and we have no identity on that side of the ball.

So how can we improve things with this roster?

I don’t have a lot of ideas but here is a few things I would like to see.

More Duke in the run game.

I want to see Kizer tuck it and run a little more just to make the D think about that.

I think it’s time for Peppers to have a bit of role. Weather it’s in the slot, or RB or the role we used Josh Cribbs in the wildcat.

We need to change a few things because what we are doing isn’t working

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

We need wide receivers and a quarterback. It’s that simple. We have neither and this team proved that wide receivers are underrated. It doesn’t matter how well your o-line can block if guys simply don’t get open.

This.

It's hard to out scheme terrible talent, especially at qb.

Ten things I would do.

1. Lots of power running. I'm talking play some snaps with 7 offensive linemen and just beat the hell out of the team. Mangini did this and forced 4 BS wins in a row.

2. Use Peppers on offense. Hes the best athlete on the team. We are using him terribly on defense. Might as well try and squeeze something out of him.

3. Bench Crowell

4. Njoku should play 75%+ of snaps. If we dont want him blocking put him out wide, hes more dangerous than our WRs.

5. Significantly more quick plays. You don't need superstars to run basic slants / come back routes.

6. Stop passing non stop in the red zone. Bully the ball in the end zone.

7. Cut the vertical ****. Our QBs are too inaccurate and our WRs and too crap to connect on long throws.

8. Start Kessler. Hes the only one who knows how to run an offense and prevent turnovers.

9. Use Hogan and Kizer on occasion. Use them on designed runs. If they get hurt who gives a ****. They aren't helping us win by throwing.

10. Get to the god damn line with less than 5 seconds before the clock expires. We should be lined up with 15-20 seconds so we can audible and so we can snap the ball with more than 1 second on the play clock allowing the defense to get a ridiculously well timed jump.

What I would do is freaking wait another year for them to address the offense. They’ve addressed the defense can we please wait till the next offseason to address the offense?  

I mean I can build a shed in a day. Remodel a bathroom?  Yeah that takes time. Build a house? Yo are you stupid?  Now really are you stupid?

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

What I would do is freaking wait another year for them to address the offense. They’ve addressed the defense can we please wait till the next offseason to address the offense?  

I mean I can build a shed in a day. Remodel a bathroom?  Yeah that takes time. Build a house? Yo are you stupid?  Now really are you stupid?

Yeah, but I need to see some progress after a year and a half, or I'm calling another contractor.

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

2 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Fire Hue.

9 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Yeah, but I need to see some progress after a year and a half, or I'm calling another contractor.

The answer is pretty simple. You have zero playmakers on offense. Guys like Josh Gordon who could cover up just how bad Hoyer and Campbell really were.

You dont need to go out and get Antionio Brown and Zeke, but you REALLY need to make a serious effort next year both in Free Agency and the Draft to inject some serious talent into this offense. Outside of Njoku and Duke there is not a single player on this offense that belongs as a starter anywhere in the NFL.

I think it is almost certain the Browns need to mandatory get either Barkley or Guice in the draft to start, then spend on getting either Watkins or Landry in here as a Free Agent.

Try something crazy like a heavy package of 4x1 plays. You can have designed runs with Kizer and Duke in motion. We don't really have a great WR to put backside for 1v1 situations but we can still put out best out there and at least give him a chance. It would limit the disguises a DC could throw at Kizer so at least he was seeing similar looks on a regular basis. Mississippi Valley State had a great success leveling the playing field on much more talented teams in the early/mid 80s running a base offense of 4x1 looks.

I know this is the NFL but anything is worth a shot at this point.

8 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

Try something crazy like a heavy package of 4x1 plays. You can have designed runs with Kizer and Duke in motion. We don't really have a great WR to put backside for 1v1 situations but we can still put out best out there and at least give him a chance. It would limit the disguises a DC could throw at Kizer so at least he was seeing similar looks on a regular basis. Mississippi Valley State had a great success leveling the playing field on much more talented teams in the early/mid 80s running a base offense of 4x1 looks.

I know this is the NFL but anything is worth a shot at this point.

The last thing this offense needs is more flare. What the Browns need to make the wheels turn is more of a simplified offense and mix in some counters and draw plays.

The one thing I would 100% do is go heavy with 2 TE sets. How with a 20 year old QB Njoku AND Devlalve are not on the field together more blows my mind. Have a ground a pound attack with a bunch of quick read safety routes over the middle with the TEs. Make the game more simple for your rookie QB and young struggling WRs.

How to spark our offense?  How about gasoline and a freaking match!

All kidding aside, I keep telling everyone that says we have no WRs, you are wrong, we do have WRs, just not a dynamic do it all #1 WR.  Our guys can get open, but we need that real Julio Jones type of game changer to open things up for them.  We also need to get rid of Dwayne Bowe part II (Britt).

We need to worry about LT now.

We need an OC, sorry Hue, but its fact.

We need to see more Duke, Njoku, and DeValve since we don't have that dynamic WR to help open things up for the other WRs.

Finally, we need a freaking QB.  The best one on the roster has yet to make a start.

Archived