How to spark the offense?

-Stay ahead of the sticks

-Don't false start

-Don't hold

-Don't throw ints

-Take the correct steps and sustain blocks

-Catch the ball

-Don't block in the back during punt returns to move us back further

Yeah that would do it. Lack of discipline is my biggest beef with hue right now. 

Oh and he needs to give up playcalling for now. That was my biggest concern when we hired him. I never like head coaches calling plays. 

3 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

The bigger the project, the bigger the expectations. Nobody wants to spend $5M a year and only get sob stories. Show me something. Anything. 

I hear you, my tv almost needed to be replaced when DePhoney Mizer thru that 1st interception. 

But I also think we need to give them time to address the offensive (hmmm) playmakers. By this time next year I’d expect the D to be pretty good and the O to be where the D is at right now. Assuming of course if we can that ever so elusive quarterback. Until we get one we’ll continue to be garbage. 

Until then have a beer on me!  Or 2 or 3 or yeah just buy the freaking brewery. 

17 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah that would do it. Lack of discipline is my biggest beef with hue right now. 

Oh and he needs to give up playcalling for now. That was my biggest concern when we hired him. I never like head coaches calling plays. 

I'm losing faith in Hue.  I thought the play calling would be great and QB development would be there as well.  I haven't seen either of those during his tenure.  I heard from a dear friend of mine that the Browns passed on Carson Wentz.  Did you guys know that?

Start kessler, he doesnt then the ball over nearly as much as Kizer.  Getting 3 pts is better than turning it over in the redzone.  

Run the ball more.   Sunday was a close game and we still didnt run all that much.  May not always be effective but cant abandon it too quickly.  

Honestly, giving the playcallling to someone else would make a big difference I think.  

We need a deep threat

When Kizer was most successful he had someone (Will Fuller) that could parter with him and challenge a defense downfield which opened up everything else

I would love to still have had Travis Benjamin to stretch the field can put pressures on the safeties 

Even if our deep threat isn't one of our top 2 receivers we need our 3 or 4 to be a consistent threat to really maximize Kizer's arm and playing style 

If you look at Cam Newton with the loss of Ted Ginn he's not be having the same type of success because Carolina can't stretch the field and no one has to respect the deep ball

Kizer needs the same type of surrounding skillsets around him 

10 minutes ago, brownie man said:

We need a deep threat

When Kizer was most successful he had someone (Will Fuller) that could parter with him and challenge a defense downfield which opened up everything else

I would love to still have had Travis Benjamin to stretch the field can put pressures on the safeties 

Even if our deep threat isn't one of our top 2 receivers we need our 3 or 4 to be a consistent threat to really maximize Kizer's arm and playing style 

If you look at Cam Newton with the loss of Ted Ginn he's not be having the same type of success because Carolina can't stretch the field and no one has to respect the deep ball

Kizer needs the same type of surrounding skillsets around him 

Isn't that Sammie Coates?

Set up screens to Duke and dump the ball off to the tight ends. They are the only ones on the offense that have shown any ability to be constant. Hogan showed that this works and so did Kessler. Kizer was doing this as well before he was pulled. If anything it could spread out the field and give Crow less players stacking the box. If you throw to our WRs, there is a lot that can go wrong. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

1 hour ago, Powertower said:

Start kessler, he doesnt then the ball over nearly as much as Kizer.  Getting 3 pts is better than turning it over in the redzone.  

LOL. My family thought I was crazy saying this. Kizer got them to the red zone and on 1st down I said, "Kick the fieldgoal NOW!" 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Archived