Preseason Week 1: Texans @ Packers

packfanfb

2 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

How are you guys liking Henry Black? I heard he looked nice last weekend. Had a damn good senior year at Baylor but didn’t think an NFL team would pick him up. Glad to see he may have a home for a while.

He made a few good plays the other night.  I think he was the defender who Steve Atwatered the ballcarrier lol.

2 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

How are you guys liking Henry Black? I heard he looked nice last weekend. Had a damn good senior year at Baylor but didn’t think an NFL team would pick him up. Glad to see he may have a home for a while.

Huge fan already. Physical as hell and a better athlete than given credit for. I think he's going to be a really nice third safety sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

As someone who grew up in Texas, I was actually quite happy to see us pick him up and at least give him a shot for all the reasons everyone else mentioned here. I quietly think he and Vernon Scott are going to challenge for 2nd string Safety if they hang around another year.

7 hours ago, Reaper said:

I think we should be excited about Dexter Williams. He looked quicker than all the other backs. I don’t think he beats out Hill but he looked great.

I Always liked him. They just never believed in him. Backs who can score from anywhere on the field are good to have. Loved his ND tape when we drafted him. Too bad he'll be gone, no way he clears waivers.

Edited by St Vince

2 hours ago, St Vince said:

I Always liked him. They just never believed in him. Backs who can score from anywhere on the field are good to have. Loved his ND tape when we drafted him. Too bad he'll be gone, no way he clears waivers.

He'll clear waivers

• Like 2

On 8/16/2021 at 11:33 AM, vegas492 said:

I only got to watch a few series of the game, but....

• Love looked better in his first season game than Rodgers did.
    • Looked like he was on time.  Good rhythm.
    • Great touch throw to Funchess over the middle.
    • Great arm angle and execution on the screen.
  • Hill is a keeper.
    • Explosion is there.  Athleticism is there.  
    • Looks to be a great compliment to Dillon and has a similar skillset to Jones.
  • Funchess needs to make the team.
    • He was a man among boys.
    • Brings energy.
  • Slaten is wow.
    • That's the anchor we really need.
    • Needs better conditioning to play that many snaps, but the talent is evident.
  • Uh, who is really #42 and what happened to ourBurks?
    • Popped on film big time, even on specials.
  • Our specials are still pretty pathetic.
  • Josh Jackson shouldn't be purchasing any property soon.

If things get exploded in the off season, could see Jones getting dealt/released if Hill is good.

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

If things get exploded in the off season, could see Jones getting dealt/released if Hill is good.

Costs you more to cut him than to keep him next year. His contract was always set up to be able to move on after year 2 of the deal. Barring injury, I think that is still the plan regardless of Hill. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

If by "exploded" you mean Rodgers gets traded?

I disagree.  No matter how good Hill is, Jones is here for two years.

He's elite.  If you have Rodgers, you also want him keeping defenses honest.

If you have Love, you want as many running backs in the stable as you can to help shoulder the offensive load so the young QB doesn't have to.

Either way, Jones is insanely valuable for at least two years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

You way over thought that one. Nothing wrong with having 3 good ones, with 2 of them on rookie contracts.  

18 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

I said he was our best DB on the field in the first half.  I think that Vernon Scott has a leg up on him, and I think Will Redmond does as well.  Black, Innis Gaines, Will Redmond, Vernon Scott and Christian Uphoff are probably battling for 2 or 3 spots.