Preseason Week 1: Texans @ Packers

packfanfb

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

I think we will find our brawlers at guard between Runyan, Patrick and possibly Braden and some young talent. We need 69 to be back to his high standard and then things really start to look good. In the meantime, Jenkins and Turner will need to be the lead by voice and example guys on the field. 

For sure, finding 1 guard shouldn't be an issue. Just wish Runyan really ran away with the job but right now I think Patrick is your starter. (from 1 PS game lol)

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Can't they copyright strike all the people using it...

Idk, they pay for it... I would guess they could? but these are the guys that are basically paying to advertise your product. There's really no reason for the All 22 to be taken down otherwise

• Like 1

Here's my two cents on last nights game.  Some of this may have already been said, but that's cool.  

The three phases of the game, I used a 0-10 scale and rated them for each half.

Offense  1st half, (3)  Hills 22 yard TD catch was the highlight.  Some good passes and catches

2nd half, (2)  Bright spot, Dexter Williams got some good rushes in.

Defense  1st half, (5).  Two 1st and goal stops with no TD's given up.  

2nd half, (4)  Poor play with a couple bright spots, 1 Int.

Special Teams  1st half, (2).  Poor coverage

2nd half, (2),  See above.

I wasn't impressed with any phase of their game.  Yes, I know are starters didn't play, but the depth players should be able to play better then last night.

Players that stood out in a good way.  Oren Burks was impressive.  Runyan, sliding over from Guard to Center and played well at both.  Funchess will make a good #3 or #4 WR.  Love did better then I thought, gave up that fumble.  Heflin and Rivers as well played well when they were in.

Players that sucked.  Running game, all RB didn't so well.  1 big play from Hill, nothing from Dillon.  Hanson and Benkert, if you watched their exchanges, either the snaps were to high or Benkert was bobbling the snap.  Josh Jackson, sure he had 2 good defenses, but he mostly sucked on coverage.  They picked on him all night.  

My first 5 cuts to get down to 85 are, Jacob Capra OL, Bronson Kaufusi TE, JJ Molson K, Ryan Winslow P and  DeAndre Thompkins, cut or IR.

5 hours ago, Leader said:

I've never had it, so wondering if it shows regular season games (live) as well as replays - together with the preseason?
If its all the games, then thats more than a bargain IMO. If it's just the preseason.....meaning 3 games......meh.

Before I found cheaper alternatives using streaming services, I used to sign up for game pass using an off-shore VPN to get the live streaming.  It's been a few years since I've done it this way, but I remember it being reliable.  I just did a quick check from a Costa Rica server, and it looks like the cost for game pass is $125 a year with live streaming during the season.  The cost varies by country if I remember right, but $125 for a season of live NFL streaming isn't terrible if you are in a bind.

N9f6Dsz.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, umphrey said:

Th Athletic post game write up was actually neutral to slightly negative on Love. Thought he tried to be too perfect with his throws and was generally too conservative.  Can't say I agree but an interesting take. 

If you are referring to Schneidman, I wouldn't get too worked about about his takes.  To me, Schneidman is far and away the weak link for Wisconsin sports coverage on The Athletic.  Nehm (Bucks), Sammon (Brewers) and Temple (Badgers) are much better IMO. 

5 hours ago, cannondale said:

How can I hate Love. I don't even know him. Boyle dressed every game last year as the backup. Love was inactive. Not sure what the argument is other than MLF is liar liar pants on fire. Just as with the assessments after Amari's first punt return, I'll reserve long term judgement.

He did throw in to double coverage twice, almost whiffed on a throw to a wide open Funchess. The throw to Sternberger was nice, albiet wide open. Degree of difficulty on Love's throws was pretty low last night. You call it hate, I call it calling it how it was. MLF's take seemed honest and fair as well

Some people instinctively don't like people they don't know. Doesn't make it any less biased.

3 hours ago, jleisher said:

Here's my two cents on last nights game.  Some of this may have already been said, but that's cool.  

The three phases of the game, I used a 0-10 scale and rated them for each half.

Offense  1st half, (3)  Hills 22 yard TD catch was the highlight.  Some good passes and catches

2nd half, (2)  Bright spot, Dexter Williams got some good rushes in.

Defense  1st half, (5).  Two 1st and goal stops with no TD's given up.  

2nd half, (4)  Poor play with a couple bright spots, 1 Int.

Special Teams  1st half, (2).  Poor coverage

2nd half, (2),  See above.

I wasn't impressed with any phase of their game.  Yes, I know are starters didn't play, but the depth players should be able to play better then last night.

Players that stood out in a good way.  Oren Burks was impressive.  Runyan, sliding over from Guard to Center and played well at both.  Funchess will make a good #3 or #4 WR.  Love did better then I thought, gave up that fumble.  Heflin and Rivers as well played well when they were in.

Players that sucked.  Running game, all RB didn't so well.  1 big play from Hill, nothing from Dillon.  Hanson and Benkert, if you watched their exchanges, either the snaps were to high or Benkert was bobbling the snap.  Josh Jackson, sure he had 2 good defenses, but he mostly sucked on coverage.  They picked on him all night.  

My first 5 cuts to get down to 85 are, Jacob Capra OL, Bronson Kaufusi TE, JJ Molson K, Ryan Winslow P and  DeAndre Thompkins, cut or IR.

I would put Jackson on that list and keep Winslow for now. His leg looks strong enough. He just has to learn not to out kick his coverage.

42 minutes ago, HyponGrey said:

Some people instinctively don't like people they don't know. Doesn't make it any less biased.

I didn't like the pick, and I didn't see what some saw when he was drafted, but the facts are pretty much the facts. Not sure why they are disputed or made excuses for. "The coaches didn't want him to beat out Boyle ?" Okie dokie

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I didn't like the pick, and I didn't see what some saw when he was drafted, but the facts are pretty much the facts. Not sure why they are disputed or made excuses for. "The coaches didn't want him to beat out Boyle ?" Okie dokie

What does that have to do with how he played last night? He played better last night than Tim Boyle is capable of playing. That was obvious when watching the Lions game. He's the best back up quarterback that we've had since Rodgers last year backing up Favre. He's light years ahead of year 2 Aaron Rodgers. 

The guy has pocket presence, a very good arm and poise. He's intelligent and seems to process things fairly quickly. He's going to be a player. 

But you be you and hate on because you didn't like the pick. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

What does that have to do with how he played last night? He played better last night than Tim Boyle is capable of playing. That was obvious when watching the Lions game. He's the best back up quarterback that we've had since Rodgers last year backing up Favre. He's light years ahead of year 2 Aaron Rodgers. 

The guy has pocket presence, a very good arm and poise. He's intelligent and seems to process things fairly quickly. He's going to be a player. 

But you be you and hate on because you didn't like the pick. 

If that were my original point, you'd be on to something. Since it wasn't, youre barking at the moon. You are a great evaluator to be able to pick up on poise thru the tv. And I believe I'm allowed to not like a pick and still be non-biased. It can happen. 

Edited by cannondale

Just now, cannondale said:

If that were my original point, you'd be o to something. Since it wasn't, youre barking at the moon. 

Then why in the hell would you bring Tim Boyle into the conversation in the first place? Love wasn't ready last year. He was a guy who needed development. EVERYBODY in the organization was aware of that when they drafted him.

He's developing quite nicely based on last night, so whatever point you were/are trying to make is quite ridiculous to be honest. 

At this point it seems you have a need to diminish the guy so you can say you were right about 'not liking the pick'. That seems incredibly small to me, but again, you do you. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Then why in the hell would you bring Tim Boyle into the conversation in the first place? Love wasn't ready last year. He was a guy who needed development. EVERYBODY in the organization was aware of that when they drafted him.

He's developing quite nicely based on last night, so whatever point you were/are trying to make is quite ridiculous to be honest. 

At this point it seems you have a need to diminish the guy so you can say you were right about 'not liking the pick'. That seems incredibly small to me, but again, you do you. 

As I explained earlier, it was mostly a tongue in cheek comment. 

You are chasing a ghost. Having fun ? Give me one thing I listed that was incorrect or diminishing the guy. I'll wait. I supposed MLF was diminishing him too since some of his comments were the same. I said the same thing after Badger fans wanted to give Mertz the Heisman after one game, so I'll stand pat.

Edited by cannondale

Just now, cannondale said:

As I explained earlier, it was mostly a tongue in cheek comment. 

You are chasing a ghost. Having fun ? Give me one thing I listed that was incorrect or diminishing the guy. I'll wait. I supposed MLF was diminishing him too since some of his comments were the same

MLF is trying to keep the expectations low to keep the pressure off the guy. He also doesn't want Love to get too full of himself after one preseason game.  It's was coaches do. I'm sorry you didn't pick up on that. 

He was far from perfect. He has a lot of things to work on. BUT, the talent is obvious, which I think is what you don't like. Because you 'didn't like the pick!'

Your analysis was based on a predisposed bias you have against the guy. That was obvious the first time I read it. Not going back to go though it again. You don't like Love. We can expect negativity out of you in the next two games as well. 

Looking forward to that. BTW, that was tongue in cheek too. Have a nice evening. All good. 

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

MLF is trying to keep the expectations low to keep the pressure off the guy. He also doesn't want Love to get too full of himself after one preseason game.  It's was coaches do. I'm sorry you didn't pick up on that. 

He was far from perfect. He has a lot of things to work on. BUT, the talent is obvious, which I think is what you don't like. Because you 'didn't like the pick!'

Your analysis was based on a predisposed bias you have against the guy. That was obvious the first time I read it. Not going back to go though it again. You don't like Love. We can expect negativity out of you in the next two games as well. 

Looking forward to that. BTW, that was tongue in cheek too. Have a nice evening. All good. 

You have access to MLF's mind as well ? Cool. The rest of your post is pretty much garbage. You don't know what I think any more than you know what Love or MLF think> Just a lot of guesswork. Bring some facts to the table to dispute what I saw. 

Edited by cannondale