Preseason Thread

TheKillerNacho

18 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

I really like what Ahmed and Gaskins bring to field as change of pace RB's with good hands and twitchy cuts, but we really need a RB that can be a workhorse and has a nice jump cut.  Our starting OLine wasn't great overall but Malcom Brown left plenty of yards on the field last weekend.

Yeah, Brown looked very Howard-esque this weekend.  Was really unimpressive.  If Ahmed could do anything in pass pro, I think he'd be the starting back for sure.  He's a far superior runner to Gaskin, IMO.  

• Like 1

So we've traded for OT Greg Little from the Panthers for a 2022 seventh round pick. No downside here really, i like the move. Former 2nd round pick in 2019 and has been injured a whole lot so far in his career. May not amount to anything but it's competition for Jackson at LT and helps with tackle depth. This is another lottery ticket, hopefully with better results than Isaiah Wilson. If he can just stick around as a backup its already better

Edited by Emerica
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Emerica said:

So we've traded for OT Greg Little from the Panthers for a 2022 seventh round pick. No downside here really, i like the move. Former 2nd round pick in 2019 and has been injured a whole lot so far in his career. May not amount to anything but it's competition for Jackson at LT and helps with tackle depth. This is another lottery ticket, hopefully with better results than Isaiah Wilson. If he can just stick around as a backup its already better

For a 7th round pick absolutely. 

• Like 1

I don’t get why we haven’t signed someone like David decastro or Mitchell schwartz or even russel okung? If we signed Decastro we could put Eichenberg at RT and if we signed one of the other two we could keep him at LG and have them fill in at RT or push Jackson for the LT spot and then Jackson would switch to the RT. Just doesn’t make sense I mean we have the cap space and it wouldn’t hurt to to try. I’d rather spend the money and hurt our cap than not spend the money and get Tua hurt. What do you guys think?

PS. Hell we might as welll sign Le’veon Bell while we’re at it too and see how he does.

Edited by Jdolphins18

1 hour ago, Jdolphins18 said:

I don’t get why we haven’t signed someone like David decastro or Mitchell schwartz or even russel okung? If we signed Decastro we could put Eichenberg at RT and if we signed one of the other two we could keep him at LG and have them fill in at RT or push Jackson for the LT spot and then Jackson would switch to the RT. Just doesn’t make sense I mean we have the cap space and it wouldn’t hurt to to try. I’d rather spend the money and hurt our cap than not spend the money and get Tua hurt. What do you guys think?

PS. Hell we might as welll sign Le’veon Bell while we’re at it too and see how he does.

Okung was one I thought about but I don't think Miami is willing to pay/can afford what he wants but who knows the way some of these teams manipulate the cap. Decastro is injured I think. 

On 8/19/2021 at 7:18 AM, Jdolphins18 said:

No way do I want Jackson playing RT with Tua being a lefty.

I think Eich is playing LG to get some experience and I expect to see him at RT or more ideally LT ( with Tua being a Lefty ) next season or late this season.