Mason Foster is the league leader in a signature stats among inside linebackers

turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Foster is the league leader in several signature stats among inside linebackers

bit.ly/2yFerTJ

"Several'?  I only saw one in the article - Pass Rush Productivity.  Not exactly one of the primary stats I care about for my ILB.  The dude has a 46.2 overall grade, which is terrible.  If only we had picked Cunningham instead of Anderson...

3. ZACH CUNNINGHAM, HOUSTON TEXANS

PFF Grade: 80.9

Yards Per Cover Snap: 0.63

After the suspension of starting linebacker Brian Cushing, rookie inside linebacker Zach Cunningham was thrust into a starting role much quicker than many expected. However, he’s made a good start in coverage through seven games, and has allowed just 87 yards on his 139 coverage snaps.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-week-7-inside-linebacker-spotlight?utm_content=buffere486f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

"Several'?  I only saw one in the article - Pass Rush Productivity.  Not exactly one of the primary stats I care about for my ILB.  The dude has a 46.2 overall grade, which is terrible.  If only we had picked Cunningham instead of Anderson...

3. ZACH CUNNINGHAM, HOUSTON TEXANS

PFF Grade: 80.9

Yards Per Cover Snap: 0.63

After the suspension of starting linebacker Brian Cushing, rookie inside linebacker Zach Cunningham was thrust into a starting role much quicker than many expected. However, he’s made a good start in coverage through seven games, and has allowed just 87 yards on his 139 coverage snaps.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-week-7-inside-linebacker-spotlight?utm_content=buffere486f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

Agree about Cunningham but Foster been effective as a rusher.

2. MASON FOSTERWASHINGTON REDSKINS

PFF Grade: 46.2

Pass-Rush Productivity: 22.2

When Greg Manusky took over as the Redskins defensive coordinator, he promised a more aggressive-style defense, and he’s certainly kept his word thus far. Through five games, he’s using Mason Foster’s athleticism to great effect on blitzes, sending him to rush the passer on 20.0 percent of his passing plays. It’s worked so far, producing one quarterback hit and seven hurries. Foster has the chance to add to his pressure total tonight on Monday Night Football.

37 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Agree about Cunningham but Foster been effective as a rusher.

2. MASON FOSTERWASHINGTON REDSKINS

PFF Grade: 46.2

Pass-Rush Productivity: 22.2

When Greg Manusky took over as the Redskins defensive coordinator, he promised a more aggressive-style defense, and he’s certainly kept his word thus far. Through five games, he’s using Mason Foster’s athleticism to great effect on blitzes, sending him to rush the passer on 20.0 percent of his passing plays. It’s worked so far, producing one quarterback hit and seven hurries. Foster has the chance to add to his pressure total tonight on Monday Night Football.

What's your point, I already read that?  And I told you I don't really view that as a top goal from my ILB.  I'd rather he be leading the league in run stop percentage or coverage.

3 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

What's your point, I already read that?  And I told you I don't really view that as a top goal from my ILB.  I'd rather he be leading the league in run stop percentage or coverage.

Certainly your perogative but it a player is doing well at something I’m going to point it out . 

We do have a coverage issue from our ILB position and it’s a major issue. I also did agree with you that Cunningham would have been the better choice than Anderson. We could be bringing Cunningham in for our nickel D for sure.

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He’s made some plays doing that too and he had an int which helped seal the Rams game.

But he's not good. Not good enough anyway. Maybe some of that is because he's being asked to do something that you're only supposed to do with a true NT, but Foster is simply not a good starter.

Honestly, this team lacks a true outside linebacker. Not an edge rusher, but someone who can actually play OLB. Can blitz, can play the run, and can play some in coverage.

2 minutes ago, Slateman said:

But he's not good. Not good enough anyway. Maybe some of that is because he's being asked to do something that you're only supposed to do with a true NT, but Foster is simply not a good starter.

Honestly, this team lacks a true outside linebacker. Not an edge rusher, but someone who can actually play OLB. Can blitz, can play the run, and can play some in coverage.

Zach Brown?

Just now, turtle28 said:

HEs talking about Foser. I’m beginning to believe that slateman might not be a Redskins fan (joking) because he never has anything good to say about this team, like ever! Lol ? 

Well I mean he has some valid points, our team has been pretty terrible for 20 years.  I just happen to think we are closer to competing that he is suggesting and feel like we should stay the course instead of blowing it up again.  I'm also just tired of constantly rebuilding though.  

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Well I mean he has some valid points, our team has been pretty terrible for 20 years.  I just happen to think we are closer to competing that he is suggesting and feel like we should stay the course instead of blowing it up again.  I'm also just tired of constantly rebuilding though.  

I don’t disagree with some of the things he says but not liking Scherff, wanting to trade away our best players is just punting not only on this season but also our future as well. And, as you said it will just lead to another blow up of the roster and rebuild from scratch. I want to ride out what we have going for at least the next few seasons and preferably until Kirk retires as a Skin in 5 to 10 years.

Archived