Preseason Overreaction Thread

SteelKing728

9 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

The facts are on my side. Your feelings are irrelevant. 

The facts that are.......*checks notes*......your opinion?

I don't even want to debate this because it's such a delusional take, it's not worth the troll.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Soggust said:

The facts that are.......*checks notes*......your opinion?

I don't even want to debate this because it's such a delusional take, it's not worth the troll.

You’re completely blind if you don’t think the physical traits are similar. 

3 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

You’re completely blind if you don’t think the physical traits are similar. 

Because this is an overreaction thread,   I’ll just let their skills be similar.      Similar player scheme wise, or how’d they’d be used.      Toney is not in the same class of Tyreek’s speed,  and that’s not a dig on Toney 

1 hour ago, RedGold said:

Because this is an overreaction thread,   I’ll just let their skills be similar.      Similar player scheme wise, or how’d they’d be used.      Toney is not in the same class of Tyreek’s speed,  and that’s not a dig on Toney 

The facts say differently their 20 yard splits are identical.  

12 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

It's the NFL, they're world class athletes.   You can compare all the fast guys to Tyreek and something is going to be similar on paper.  It's the combination;  speed, twitch,  start/stop.   That is hard to match.    There are tons of guys in the NFL that have 85-90% of Tyreek's ability in these areas.  Still a useful player,  but comparable... not really.     tbh Toney isn't even the rookie the most resembles Tyreek.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

Calvin Johnson and Stephen Hill both have 20 yard splits and 40 yard splits that vary by exactly 0.01 seconds.

Both went to Georgia Tech, both tall as hell for WRs and blazing runners in the Combine. No one confused their play speed when they were on the field. Johnson's numbers were damn near identical but he was nowhere near the athlete.

16 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Calvin Johnson and Stephen Hill both have 20 yard splits and 40 yard splits that vary by exactly 0.01 seconds.

Both went to Georgia Tech, both tall as hell for WRs and blazing runners in the Combine. No one confused their play speed when they were on the field. Johnson's numbers were damn near identical but he was nowhere near the athlete.

Stephen Hill...man, I can count the bodies of online draft evaluators laying around that jersey lol. 

Everyone...and I mean everyone was hyped on him. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Stephen Hill...man, I can count the bodies of online draft evaluators laying around that jersey lol. 

Exactly! On a testing he was a stud. But when it came to the actual game he was mediocre even before all the injuries.

That just why I no longer get too tied to performance metrics. Training, proficiency etc can either really overhype or undermine you on a prospect.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RedGold said:

It's the NFL, they're world class athletes.   You can compare all the fast guys to Tyreek and something is going to be similar on paper.  It's the combination;  speed, twitch,  start/stop.   That is hard to match.    There are tons of guys in the NFL that have 85-90% of Tyreek's ability in these areas.  Still a useful player,  but comparable... not really.     tbh Toney isn't even the rookie the most resembles Tyreek.

Tyreek has some of the best game speed of any player I can remember watching.  I've posted this clip of his 70-yard run against the Broncos before, but it really is the best example of how rare his speed is.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

Tyreek has some of the best game speed of any player I can remember watching.  I've posted this clip of his 70-yard run against the Broncos before, but it really is the best example of how rare his speed is.  

Thing is i dont think thats his actual full speed. I dont know if well ever see it, unless he races Bolt, because He never needs to use it. He just sets the speedometer where it needs to be to escape the angles and conserve energy. He probably runs near a marathon per game.

On 9/4/2021 at 11:04 AM, Chiefer said:

Thing is i dont think thats his actual full speed. I dont know if well ever see it, unless he races Bolt, because He never needs to use it. He just sets the speedometer where it needs to be to escape the angles and conserve energy. He probably runs near a marathon per game.

I get that this is intended to be hyperbole... but no.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 9:32 PM, Forge said:

I've missed on plenty, but that was one I didn't. Never liked his game.

On 9/1/2021 at 3:11 PM, iloxygenil said:

Not sure why you keep saying ‘your’ since I’m a Falcons fan. But there were plenty of folks who said Mahomes couldn’t play and no one was on Tyreek Hill. As far as skill set is concerned Toney is very similar and a good comparison, not sure how good he is at abusing women, Tyreek has that on lock. 

As a GM I couldn’t care less if someone said my player is the best in the league or not and Jones as proven to have skills but he hasn’t shown enough consistency at this point. Giving him Toney and Saquon only magnifies his capabilities. You really speed wise can’t afford to go 1v1 with Toney. If you play him off they throw a screen and he’s chunking you, if you press him and don’t win it’s 6. Sounds like Tyreek to me. 

Toney isn't similar to Tyreek Hill.

• Like 1