2021 Flag Plants

EaglesPeteC

Who is the one QB, RB, TE and WR you are planting your flag on this season?

Here are mine.

QB- Ryan Tannehill- man just plays like a top QB and keeps getting drafted like a streamer. He’s the kind of guy everyone wants the new hotness over. Nope. Not me. I’ll take him at ADP over almost any QB.

RB- Miles Sanders. I flat out don’t get the industry wide hate on this man, if he slips to me in the 4th he’s an auto pick. He’s going to be in the same basic offense that supported Jonathan Taylor last year and has gotten everyone all hot and bothered about him this year. Offensive line is healthy, he’s healthy, play caller should be more run heavy and more passes to the backs, duel threat QB opens up run lanes. For some reason a 5th round pass catching back and a washed RB that will likely get cut is making everyone run for the hills? Nah fam. I’ll take him.

WR- Chris Godwin After his breakout he was the WR4 and has never lived up to the hype since. Now he is dropping in drafts where I can get two stud RB’s and a one of the top 3 TE’s and the get Godwin as my WR1. Yes please.

TE- Robert Tonyan- I’m targeting the top 3 TE’s if I don’t get them, I’ll take Tonyan. Rodgers hates the world and no signs of a real viable 2nd receiving option outside of Davante. Wouldn’t shock me at all if he finishes as TE 5. 

Who are you flag planting? 

8 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Here are mine.

QB- Ryan Tannehill- man just plays like a top QB and keeps getting drafted like a streamer. He’s the kind of guy everyone wants the new hotness over. Nope. Not me. I’ll take him at ADP over almost any QB.

RB- Miles Sanders. I flat out don’t get the industry wide hate on this man, if he slips to me in the 4th he’s an auto pick. He’s going to be in the same basic offense that supported Jonathan Taylor last year and has gotten everyone all hot and bothered about him this year. Offensive line is healthy, he’s healthy, play caller should be more run heavy and more passes to the backs, duel threat QB opens up run lanes. For some reason a 5th round pass catching back and a washed RB that will likely get cut is making everyone run for the hills? Nah fam. I’ll take him.

WR- Chris Godwin After his breakout he was the WR4 and has never lived up to the hype since. Now he is dropping in drafts where I can get two stud RB’s and a one of the top 3 TE’s and the get Godwin as my WR1. Yes please.

TE- Robert Tonyan- I’m targeting the top 3 TE’s if I don’t get them, I’ll take Tonyan. Rodgers hates the world and no signs of a real viable 2nd receiving option outside of Davante. Wouldn’t shock me at all if he finishes as TE 5. 

Love Tannehill and think the hate for Tonyan is getting out of hand. He was all-time efficient last year so he is absolutely a candidate for regression but after the Top-6 TEs, I dont see how its so outlandish to have him finish there. he probably does need to catch a few more balls but TE9 seems low

I'm not on Evans/Godwin at cost, its just too much right now. You aren't wrong, the upside is there but I feel like Antonio Brown offers just as much at a supreme discount

How small of a league would have Miles Sanders fall to the 4th? My biggest issue is his current ADP is 19. That's way too high for me given the offense he plays in. He should be more efficient because of Hurts but could lose out on some TDs as well. Top-20 is too early for me. If he fell to the 4th then sure but not taking him in the 2nd in a 12 team league.

Apologies if this doesnt exactly answer your question because they aren't particularly bold claims

My "flags" or at least guys I think are undervalued Based on: 6 points for all TDs and Non-PPR

Tom Brady is someone I have at QB4 and he is currently 9th. For all the reasons the Buccs weapons worry me(because who gets what when?) is why I think Brady goes nuts

Nick Chubb is my RB4, and ESPN has him at RB8 rushing volume, great OL, TDs. Win-Win-Win

Mike Davis is my RB23 and he is ranked RB29. I know all the reasons why people are worried but to get the first crack at a job with no major threats behind him at RB29? I know 6 spots at that range isnt much but it shocks me especially since he is drafted as like your first bench spot and not necessarily a RB2.

Michael Carter is inside my Top-30 RBs and is currently RB36. Again its all about the upside here and the cost of taking him there is low. 

Cooper Kupp is inside my Top-20 at WR and is currently #26 at ESPN

Lastly, Jonnu Smith is someone I'm a believer in. He is currently 12th at ESPN, I have him as my TE8

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 12:25 AM, EaglesPeteC said:

Here are mine.

QB- Tua Tagovailoa. I think he's the breakout QB this yeah that you can basically get for free. 

RB- Antonio Gibson. Maybe he won't be a 3 down back but his usage should be fine. I see him as a 2.5 down back.

WR- Antonio Brown. I think he could finish Top 12. Brady has always wanted to play with him and now he gets one full off season with Brady and the Bucs. 

TE- The top Three, Pitts or bust lol. Overall, I have punted TE for so long that I think its time for me to pay up for someone. 

Maybe the opposite of a flag plant but I think Antonio Gibson is being way overdrafted. Seems like that primetime Thanksgiving performance has gone to everyone's heads, feels very similar to the Kenyon Drake hype from last year. McKissic is gonna eat up the passing game work and his high ranking last year is built on an unsustainable TD %. He's a viable late 3rd or 4th round pick who somehow is being picked in the 1st or 2nd where you need sure bets. 

On the positive side I think Dobbins is going to dominate this year. I don't think they're lying about trying to make him more involved in the passing game and I suspect there's going to be just enough designed protection of Lamar's body via a decrease in QB runs that you get close to real RB1 volume from Dobbins combined with excellent efficiency from those touches. 

I think everyone's overthinking the Julio Jones situation and he's just gonna eat this year. With the injury risk already baked into his ADP he's got league-winner potential.

Said this in other threads but outside the elite 3 TE's, I think Hockenson has the best combo of talent and opportunity to make the leap into elite status. I guess I'll go out on a limb here and say he outscores at least one of the big 3. 

I'm devastated I missed out out on Brandon Aiyuk in my main money league, I see him blowing up regardless of what that QB situation ends up looking like. 

Lance is getting all of the QB love but I think it's Fields who has the Herbert-like rookie QB fantasy glow up. Along those lines, I doubt he's a season-long standout but I bet Darnell Mooney ends up being a stretch-run standout come November/December. 

6 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Maybe the opposite of a flag plant but I think Antonio Gibson is being way overdrafted. Seems like that primetime Thanksgiving performance has gone to everyone's heads, feels very similar to the Kenyon Drake hype from last year. McKissic is gonna eat up the passing game work and his high ranking last year is built on an unsustainable TD %. He's a viable late 3rd or 4th round pick who somehow is being picked in the 1st or 2nd where you need sure bets. 

On the positive side I think Dobbins is going to dominate this year. I don't think they're lying about trying to make him more involved in the passing game and I suspect there's going to be just enough designed protection of Lamar's body via a decrease in QB runs that you get close to real RB1 volume from Dobbins combined with excellent efficiency from those touches. 

I think everyone's overthinking the Julio Jones situation and he's just gonna eat this year. With the injury risk already baked into his ADP he's got league-winner potential.

Said this in other threads but outside the elite 3 TE's, I think Hockenson has the best combo of talent and opportunity to make the leap into elite status. I guess I'll go out on a limb here and say he outscores at least one of the big 3. 

I'm devastated I missed out out on Brandon Aiyuk in my main money league, I see him blowing up regardless of what that QB situation ends up looking like. 

Lance is getting all of the QB love but I think it's Fields who has the Herbert-like rookie QB fantasy glow up. Along those lines, I doubt he's a season-long standout but I bet Darnell Mooney ends up being a stretch-run standout come November/December. 

I can see the hype around Gibson being a little overblown now that he has slide into the back of R1 but man your boy Dobbins worries me because Baltimore loves Gus alot. Is Dobbins getting 230-240 carries this year? If so, sign me up but I'm not sure he will. 

Julio worries me being hurt already, I get that its baked into his ADP but drafting a WR that is already hurt, that has a history of injuries at age 32 just makes me wonder how many weeks I'll be looking for a WR2 to fill in on non-bye weeks. 

Ayuik is someone I've come around on, mostly at the expense of Deebo because I dont expect him to be healthy long enough to eat into Ayuik's numbers

Lance is getting an absurd amount of love but I think Fields has tapered off there. I wonder if its more the coaching staff in SF seems so much more well-equipped to develop a young QB and put him into a good situation but if I can get 1 of my Top-10 QBs, I'd love to have 1 of the rookies as a backup

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I can see the hype around Gibson being a little overblown now that he has slide into the back of R1 but man your boy Dobbins worries me because Baltimore loves Gus alot. Is Dobbins getting 230-240 carries this year? If so, sign me up but I'm not sure he will. 

Assuming he stays healthy I think ~230 carries seems pretty doable. It's definitely a bit of a homer pick on my part but I just think he's a super special runner and at a certain point if a guy turns into a star he's going to get his touches, and I think Dobbins has the potential to do that. I don't see it as a bellcow situation though, moreso an Aaron Jones type breakout where you might get frustrated at a granular level with some of the usage but the efficiency balances it out. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

2 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Assuming he stays healthy I think ~230 carries seems pretty doable. It's definitely a bit of a homer pick on my part but I just think he's a super special runner and at a certain point if a guy turns into a star he's going to get his touches, and I think Dobbins has the potential to do that. I don't see it as a bellcow situation though, moreso an Aaron Jones type breakout where you might get frustrated at a granular level with some of the usage but the efficiency balances it out. 

Yea for me he's be a choice at pick 33, there are a ton of options there just trying to sift thru him, CEH, Monty, Carson, J-Rob

On 8/26/2021 at 1:26 PM, SalvadorsDeli said:

I chose to keep Dobbins-I am a Ohio St. homer so no suprise there. 

Correct me if Im wrong here-- I think Dobbins has the potential to be a top 10 fantasy RB in the 6-10 range. However, Gus Bus scares the living bejeesus out of me with Baltimore infatuation of being the Patriots and never having a 'true #1' guy. Should I be worried that much or am I overthinking it from what you have seen/heard in camp?

I have: RB1- Chubb RB2- Dobbins and RB3- Gaskin RB4- McKissic and RB5- Stevenson

My biggest would be Marquez Callaway. And it’s unfortunate because I’m sure that everyone will assume I’m Johnny come lately. But truthfully...I’ve been warning that he’d be the sleeper of the year for some time now. At RB...give me AJ Dillon. Decent floor considering price...and a Derrick Henry ceiling. 

QB - Tannehill. same as the OP. its stupid that he falls as low as he does. while i agree his inordinate amount of rushing TD's is likely to drop, that offense is going to pass more than it did last year. i dont think henry's rushing for 2k for back to back seasons, and their defense isn't as good.

RB - Mixon. I will go down with this ship. Also you can get Gio Bernard and James White basically for free. I particularly like White if/when Mac Jones becomes the starter.

WR - Devonte Parker. you can get him basically for free. waddle has been playing almost exclusively in the slot. i dont think his presence threatens Parker. there's no way he's as bad as his ADP

TE - if i'm picking in the 2nd half of the draft, i'm almost insta-picking Kelce. this one might be cheating, but considering the caliber of player i'm willing to pass on to take him round 1, i think its fair.

Planting of the flag you say..

1. Tom Brady healthy off-season and full OTA with his team that brings back all 11 starters. 

2. Damien Harris… yes the Patriots can have a Ravens style backfield by committee, but Harris is the best of the group. Mac Jones opens the door for more red zone opportunities. 

3. Calvin Ridley… 2nd round ADP. Two PPR leagues I’ve landed Ridley at 2.3 and 2.10. He’s going to continue where he left off last year and I really believe he could be the #1 fantasy WR due to the games they will be trailing all year. 

4. Woods - Stafford is going to find him for TDs. Imagine if Woods averaged a league avg 8 tds the past few years. He would easily be a 3rd round ADP. 4.10 ADP currently. I’ve landed him easily in 5th round of drafts as RBs fly off the board that round. 

4 hours ago, ravens5520 said:

Planting of the flag you say..

1. Tom Brady healthy off-season and full OTA with his team that brings back all 11 starters. 

2. Damien Harris… yes the Patriots can have a Ravens style backfield by committee, but Harris is the best of the group. Mac Jones opens the door for more red zone opportunities. 

3. Calvin Ridley… 2nd round ADP. Two PPR leagues I’ve landed Ridley at 2.3 and 2.10. He’s going to continue where he left off last year and I really believe he could be the #1 fantasy WR due to the games they will be trailing all year. 

4. Woods - Stafford is going to find him for TDs. Imagine if Woods averaged a league avg 8 tds the past few years. He would easily be a 3rd round ADP. 4.10 ADP currently. I’ve landed him easily in 5th round of drafts as RBs fly off the board that round. 

I have Brady as my QB 4, he is being drafting well outside there and I still cant get him 2-3 rounds earlier than his ADP because my league mates think drafting 11 QBs in the first 3 rounds is a good idea