Steelers VS Lions Week 8

Chieferific

9 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

So, we can't have see-through, but we can have see-around?? (3rd Hottie) :)

Hate to burst your bubble, Chief, but I think unleashing Ben is not the way to win this one...unleashing Bell, however...

Detroit's Pass D I believe is pretty good, but I think we can 'Tom Brady' them to death, if we wanted. Dump it to Bell about a dozen times, WR screen it to AB another half-dozen, and pound the rock another 30+ attempts, and that is how I think we beat Detroit. If Ben starts airing it out, I feel we are in trouble... 

Perhaps the "unleash" term was exaggerated. I merely mean if Hayley's game plan is to be overly conservative I think that will be a mistake. 

23 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Perhaps the "unleash" term was exaggerated. I merely mean if Hayley's game plan is to be overly conservative I think that will be a mistake. 

I agree.  Maybe if he was restrained about as much as that bikini top restrains the breasteseses of Hottie #3, we'll be ok.  ;)

On 2017-10-27 at 5:45 PM, August4th said:

good thing the bye is after this week, injuries are starting to pile up. lucky for us these injuries are not serous and these players just need some rest to recover

what is Gilberts injury? Foster too, but Finney is better anyways.

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Finney is not playing tackle and for Ben's sake I hope he never has to.

I'm like 99% sure he's talking about LG.

But I disagree with his statement.  Our two best ground game complete games came with Foster.  Foster is what low key lets us pull DeCastro because of his (Fosters) ability to take DT's mano-a-mano in the run game, which frees up Pouncey to take another DT, and frees up Decastro to pull or get to the next level.  Foster has turned into the new Starks and gets crapped on for just being a solid player.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I'm like 99% sure he's talking about LG.

But I disagree with his statement.  Our two best ground game complete games came with Foster.  Foster is what low key lets us pull DeCastro because of his (Fosters) ability to take DT's mano-a-mano in the run game, which frees up Pouncey to take another DT, and frees up Decastro to pull or get to the next level.  Foster has turned into the new Starks and gets crapped on for just being a solid player.

I don't think Foster is getting crapped on for being a solid player.  It's just that he is not the mauler that Finney is.  Finney is disruptive in the run game, more so than Foster.  Foster is still the better player and superior as a pass protector but Finney brings a different dimension that really enhances the run game.  (which is key to success for this team)

I'd like to see which two games you are referring to as the most complete run games with Foster.  All three of Finney's starts over the last two years have resulted in Bell going off for an average of upwards of 200 yards.  (186 yds/game by my count)

56 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

I don't think Foster is getting crapped on for being a solid player.  It's just that he is not the mauler that Finney is.  Finney is disruptive in the run game, more so than Foster.  Foster is still the better player and superior as a pass protector but Finney brings a different dimension that really enhances the run game.  (which is key to success for this team)

I'd like to see which two games you are referring to as the most complete run games with Foster.  All three of Finney's starts over the last two years have resulted in Bell going off for an average of upwards of 200 yards.  (186 yds/game by my count)

You're right in terms of this year.  But this is the exact kinda crapping on Foster I'm talking about.  Finney might be better in the run game, but Foster makes the rest of the line better in every other aspect.  Doesn't hurt that he's (Foster) to call out protections, and that knowledge IMO really helps Ben.

Archived