unexpected hype

Shady Slim

so we're a fair way in to the season now, what are the games that at the start of the season you expected to be eye rollers but are now pumped for?

bills pats is a series that sticks out to me bc if the bills can split that somehow they're in the prime seat for a playoff berth

hawks jags i'm also keen for, i thought that would be a twelve-int game from the bort but i can now see a defensive sackfest that'll be thrill a minute

hbu?

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Eagles @ Rams instead of  just being a game of #1 vs. #2 2016 draft picks is now also a match up between two of the betters teams in the NFC. 

I’m looking forward to that game but it’s gonna be a two game tough stretch for Philly. Before they travel to LA to play the Rams, the previous week they have to travel to Seattle to play the Seahawks on Sunday Night Football. So it’s not gonna be easy for Philly in those back to back road games.

AFC South:

- Titans were the preseason favorite and a trendy SB pick, and are staying in the mix with a 4-3 record. This being said, the run game is starting to find it's legs with Derrick Henry, so look for them to continue gutting out wins.

- Jacksonville was thought as a team in the Sam Darnold sweepstakes, but they're killing it at 4-3. They've put up 10 sacks in a single game twice this season, and rookie RB Leonard Fournette is the battering ram that can funnel this offense to a potential playoff berth.

- Houston is lacking the dangerous defense they've been able to rely on in the last few years, as JJ Watt and Whitney Mercilius are both out for the year, but this franchise has finally found a QB in Deshaun Watson. With Watson's playmaking skill, it's not out of the question to think Houston can make a run. 

Jacksonville beat Houston badly, Tennessee beat Jacksonville badly, Houston beat Tennessee badly. Each one of the rubber matches is going to be intense, and will probably determine the division winner.

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

I’m looking forward to that game but it’s gonna be a two game tough stretch for Philly. Before they travel to LA to play the Rams, the previous week they have to travel to Seattle to play the Seahawks on Sunday Night Football. So it’s not gonna be easy for Philly in those back to back road games.

I think the plan is to stay on the west coast for those 2 weeks. 

I was really looking forward to the Rams vs Seahawks game a couple of weeks ago. Which I wouldn't have expected. Both going for the kill for the division, and would never have assumed LAR would have the lead. Alas, it was a disappointing game and Seahawks reminded you to pump the breaks a bit.

The next Eagles vs Cowboys game is going to be mouth-watering, for me. Doubt it sits well with Dallas that Phillie are the class of the division. Usually I'm not that high on NFCW matchups. 

I'll chuck one out for the next set of games; Seahawks vs Texans. Usually I'd just expect Seattle's D to consume Houston and make it unwatchable. However, Watson will go for them. Should be fun and a real test.

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I was really looking forward to the Rams vs Seahawks game a couple of weeks ago. Which I wouldn't have expected. Both going for the kill for the division, and would never have assumed LAR would have the lead. Alas, it was a disappointing game and Seahawks reminded you to pump the breaks a bit.

The next Eagles vs Cowboys game is going to be mouth-watering, for me. Doubt it sits well with Dallas that Phillie are the class of the division. Usually I'm not that high on NFCW matchups. 

I'll chuck one out for the next set of games; Seahawks vs Texans. Usually I'd just expect Seattle's D to consume Houston and make it unwatchable. However, Watson will go for them. Should be fun and a real test.

I disagree with you on the pump that breaks with the Rams challenging Seattle. It was more about the Rams not shooting themeselves in the foot than just not being up to the task against the Seahawks. The Rams outplayed Seattle in that game but things like Gurley not running through the play and fumbling the ball which led to a touchback instead of a touchdown, Zeurlein who has been automatic this season missed a chip shot FG which played a big role because the Rams would’ve needed a FG not a TD at the end. But all in all Kupp still  dropping a GW td pass that cost them that win. I think the Rams will be looking to avenge that lost that they know they should’ve won when they travel to Seattle later in the season. That’s the game that if everything lines up will be HUGE. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

I disagree with you on the pump that breaks with the Rams challenging Seattle. It was more about the Rams not shooting themeselves in the foot than just not being up to the task against the Seahawks. The Rams outplayed Seattle in that game but things like Gurley not running through the play and fumbling the ball which led to a touchback instead of a touchdown, Zeurlein who has been automatic this season missed a chip shot FG which played a big role because the Rams would’ve needed a FG not a TD at the end. But all in all Kupp still  dropping a GW td pass that cost them that win. I think the Rams will be looking to avenge that lost that they know they should’ve won when they travel to Seattle later in the season. That’s the game that if everything lines up will be HUGE. 

Still lost at home to your number one division rival, after making a hotter start. Seattle always peak in December, and this was a good chance to get one over them. It was disappointing whatever way you slice it.

55 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Still lost at home to your number one division rival, after making a hotter start. Seattle always peak in December, and this was a good chance to get one over them. It was disappointing whatever way you slice it.

Oh no I agree it was disappointing but I’m just saying. The Rams left the game knowing that they lost it more than the Seahawks won it so if there was a moral victory this was the one. 

Archived