Around the League 2022

Bobby816

17 hours ago, ekill08x said:

A 4th year QB with a 1:1 passing TD:INT is terrible. He had a better ratio as a rookie. That is the problem. He simply hasn’t gotten any better. He’a a below average starting QB. We should NEVER overpay for below average QB play. 

It's not even about Sam. If he turns into the guy that would just be a bonus. It's about buying time and building a foundation. By trading out of the Wilson pick we could have landed a boat load of picks that would have been used to fix the many holes on this team and add depth plus given our rookie HC/oc time to install their offense and iron out some of the issues.

You can even use the Miami moves as a blueprint. Could have moved back, collected multiple firsts and still landed penei Sewell, a massive upgrade to our o line.

Then you sign a vet to compete with Sam. Best case Sam plays great and you don't have to spend your horde of picks on a QB, perhaps even allowing for another trade out for even more picks. Worst case, he sucks, we have a high pick and can take the next hype QB prospects since there is a flash in the an type virtually every year. And hell, if there isn't, we could have certainly used some of our picks to go get Deshaun Watson.

The idea that not drafting Wilson somehow means that we are forever tied to a bad Sam Darnold just completely misses the mark.

18 hours ago, ekill08x said:

A 4th year QB with a 1:1 passing TD:INT is terrible. He had a better ratio as a rookie. That is the problem. He simply hasn’t gotten any better. He’a a below average starting QB. We should NEVER overpay for below average QB play. 

Ummm you do realize that CMC is main weapon is out and their OL is beat up. I hate to say this but I would take any QB in the top 20 and give them 20 mill. Yes a 1-1 ratio for the Jets would be great. That is how bad our QB play has been in a decade. What the heck you going to spend your money on? No FA want to come here so you have to OVER SPEND to get them here. Then you draft guys to let them go because they are average. Yes you have to give them the money on average guys. I'm tired of this wait and hold this money. We could have been in and out of cap hell like 3 or 4 and put a better product on the field. I want an average team now. My bar is in the ground for this team. I just want to sit back and see the Jets have a chance to win and win half their games. Is that asking too much for this team. No one should be defending this team at all. If the Jets come out and lay a goose egg in NE the media and fans are going to go crazy. 

On a side note I will no longer talk about Zach on here. People know how I feel about him. So I will only talk about him in a positive way so I will wait for those positive things to happen. Who knows it could be until Christmas. 

Cincinnati will be interesting, but I'm more curious about our game at the Bills in a few weeks, and then when we take on the Bucs in week 17. Between the offenses and defenses on those teams, we could seriously lose 100-0.

A quick search says that the worst blowout in NFL history was in December 1940, when the Bears beat the Redskins 73-0. I think we can be competitive with that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheChad said:

Cincinnati will be interesting, but I'm more curious about our game at the Bills in a few weeks, and then when we take on the Bucs in week 17. Between the offenses and defenses on those teams, we could seriously lose 100-0.

A quick search says that the worst blowout in NFL history was in December 1940, when the Bears beat the Redskins 73-0. I think we can be competitive with that.

And we still won't have the #1 pick because we somehow beat the Titans....

2 hours ago, drew39k said:

And we still won't have the #1 pick because we somehow beat the Titans....

Lions are bound to win. They compete their balls off every week. To think the media poked fun at Dan Campbell for his introductory presser. His team may be 0-7 but he’s miles ahead of the fraud we have as a HC. 

49 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Lions are bound to win. They compete their balls off every week. To think the media poked fun at Dan Campbell for his introductory presser. His team may be 0-7 but he’s miles ahead of the fraud we have as a HC. 

Makes me cringe seeing those ‘all gas no brake’ tees the staff are wearing on game days. Absolute pathetic and embarrassing.  

He needs to be fired at the season end and cut our losses. 

4 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Makes me cringe seeing those ‘all gas no brake’ tees the staff are wearing on game days. Absolute pathetic and embarrassing.  

He needs to be fired at the season end and cut our losses. 

I honestly agree. He’s a fraud. Came in with all this talk and now has been as soft as teddy bear with zero answers. Just go do the right thing and get Brian Daboll. There would at least be hope for Zach Wilson with Daboll. With Saleh we are going nowhere fast

If the Jets are a 2 win team and still look lost at the end of the season I’d be fine getting rid of Saleh. Some guys just arENT HCs and so far Saleh is fitting that mold. We held on to Rex and Bowles far too long and we all knew Gase wasn’t it but he won 7 games so we were kinda forced to give him another go. 

Douglas can’t really afford that egg on his face though. Especially since Wilson is not the answer (idc fight me)

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yall wanted a vet lol

Yes, before the season. In training camp, learning the playbook, getting on the same page as the rest of the offense. Now we get to trade a pick (granted a crap one) and he gets to learn on the fly.

if anything this just shows Douglas is admitting to his mistake.