Around the League 2022

Bobby816

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

Anybody who thinks it was good idea to add the Steelers and the Eagles to the playoffs, drop me a post i am in a good mood for a good fight today. I hate the idea of turning the NFL into the NBA & the NHL.  

Those games were certainly laughable but let’s not forget the division winners that sometimes post poor records. Wasn’t it Seattle a few years ago that earned a post season berth with a sub .500 record simply because they won their weak *** division?  The idea of introducing an extra team that had the seventh best record was probably born then. I would rather a 9-8 WC team make it than a 8-9 division winner.

With that said, I, too, don’t want to see NHL or NBA like formats in the post season. 

54 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

If the Chargers made the playoffs over the Steelers we'd be singing a different tune.

Not at all, that is not the point, every year we are going to see this same thing happen as long as 44% of NFL teams make the playoff. Ahd what causes this problem remember the  NFL riggs the schedule by having last place team play other last place team.  Now if the Eagles, won their division with a 9-8 record OK they make the playoffs even if they suck. Would I like to see the Herbert & the Chargers in the playoffs sure I would but they didn't win enough games to get in. 

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

If the Chargers made the playoffs over the Steelers we'd be singing a different tune.

Chargers were 100% the best team not in the playoffs. But let’s be real… we didn’t deserve to make the playoffs our back to back AFCCG runs. We snuck into the playoffs. Sometimes that’s all it takes 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Chargers were 100% the best team not in the playoffs. But let’s be real… we didn’t deserve to make the playoffs our back to back AFCCG runs. We snuck into the playoffs. Sometimes that’s all it takes 

We did an we didn’t. Sanchez single handedly lost us like 5 games that season. We were better than 9-7. The only gift we got was the Colts and we gifted 5 other teams wins. 

12 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I will add a few more Jet first round picks that left the Jets and had big careers,

Santana Moss. John Abraham, Hugh Douglas, John Vilma, James Farrior, and how can we forget John Riggens I am still no over losing Riggens.

To be fair Moss netted Coles who was good, Abraham netted Mangold who was great, Vilma didn't fit and we replaced him with Harris. The other 3 well yeah brutal. 

Farrior was tried at DE and tampa 2 LB and it didn't work out well. Farrior went to Steelers to be featured in 3-4. 

If you are mad at Jets for losing out Farrior then you should yell at Parcells, Belichick and Groh for leaving Jets.  Also, I believe that Parcells helped Jets hire Herm Edwards but not sure.

edit: Tried to find the confirmation about Parcells and Edwards.  No luck. Whatever.

Edited by JetsandI

After all this year's craziness, I just don't want it to end up KC-TB again.

KC losing to the Bills would be pretty amazing because it would mean that the AFC representative has never won a SB before, and I love seeing a team get their first.

8 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Farrior was tried at DE and tampa 2 LB and it didn't work out well. Farrior went to Steelers to be featured in 3-4. 

If you are mad at Jets for losing out Farrior then you should yell at Parcells, Belichick and Groh for leaving Jets.  Also, I believe that Parcells helped Jets hire Herm Edwards but not sure.

edit: Tried to find the confirmation about Parcells and Edwards.  No luck. Whatever.

I remember when Belichick left after one day with the Jets, there was not the outrage that there would be today but then again we did not have the social media that we got today. And so many people forgot the great job Parcells did when he took over the Jets who had three horrendous season in a row just before he took over.

54 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

We beat both of these teams so they’re irrelevant 

Well TEN was without Brown and Julio so we didn’t get TEN really. And I still have no clue how we beat CIN. Much like how I have no clue how we beat LAR in 2020