Around the League 2022

Bobby816

8 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Lol my bad.  That was meant for @jetfuel34.  He was the Darnold lover.

Yup I will still take Sam on a franchise deal. He had one bad game out of 5. That is a lot better than having 5 bad games out of 5 like Wilson. Sam should be here with a bunch of draft picks from trading down and getting Chase, or Pitts. If you think Wilson is the answer you are a fool. David Mills just proved what a rookie QB should look like at this point. You start off in the bad but you move on from the bad and improve everyday. At this point Mills is more of a starting QB than Wilson and Mills had like 10 or 12 college games total under his belt with a team that has a lot less talent and a media circus with the Watson situation. 

2 hours ago, Big T said:

Sacrificial Lamb.... Jon Gruden, Let's say Gruden is guilty of what is alleged. Was he wrong in saying it? Yes, ELEVEN YEARS AGO!

Who was on a mission to take down Gruden? Why is it so significant? Who's looking through your emails, and texts, and social media, to bring you down?

Aren't we all guilty of saying, doing or acting foolishly, and perhaps, just perhaps, we've matured. 

Could it be Gruden was drunk or angry or perhaps frustrated?

Let's be clear about the media, be it sports or politics or entertainment, they take sides, the media is no longer objective. It has become judge and jury and heaven help you if you don't fall on their side.

I don't make excuses for Gruden, but would the NFL ownership be so quick and the media so quick to say make Mahomes retire or resign, or Brady, or any top athlete for that matter. 

Do you really think the sponsors of the NFL or any other sport gives a damn about what you think? It's all about the green, its all about the gold, it's all about the bucks.

Now whatever your beliefs be it political, sexual, entertainment, literary, sports, don't we have a right to think differently? Do we all have to be, HAVE TO BE, Yankee fans, can't we root for other teams? Do we all have to be Democrats or Republicans, or can we be Independents? Do we all have to march to the same drum beat?

Do we have to like Rap music, can I like rock and roll? Can I like classical? Can I have an opinion that the judges and jury who sit behind a computer screen like the cowards they are look through all the things I've ever said or done, and for one purpose to disparage you or I.

Where's the crime Gruden committed? What is he guilty of? Who did he hurt by his emails? Was it an email sent in confidentiality and for some reason the person he sent it to had a vendetta against him?

So while Monday night football was being played and the news came in concerning Gruden and his being replaced, only seconds later the announcers chimed in about how there is no place in the NFL for Gruden or what he said or did.

Judge and Jury? No sir, it was about the brand, it was about the bucks.

Remember, in this world we live in, in America, you can no longer be an individual, with different ideals and viewpoints, No, You must march to "OUR" drum beat, or else!

As has been mentioned, there were emails as recent as 2018.

Like it or not, accountability is a thing. Making racially charged and homophobic comments can have repercussions. The minute he sent out those email he was accepting the risk of getting in hot water. Why do you have an issue with accountability for actions?

Beyond that it seems like your post is trying to go WAY past this specific issue of a person saying hurtful, bigoted things and having to deal with the accountability of those actions and delve into a different, much more politically charged topic about far right conservative talking points like vilifying "the media" and "cancel culture". I'm more than willing to have that discussion with you but not in a thread that would go directly against the ToS. Let's try and keep this thread in bounds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drew39k said:

Like it or not, accountability is a thing. Making racially charged and homophobic comments can have repercussions. The minute he sent out those email he was accepting the risk of getting in hot water. Why do you have an issue with accountability for actions?

Beyond that it seems like your post is trying to go WAY past this specific issue of a person saying hurtful, bigoted things and having to deal with the accountability of those actions and delve into a different, much more politically charged topic about far right conservative talking points like vilifying "the media" and "cancel culture". I'm more than willing to have that discussion with you but not in a thread that would go directly against the ToS. Let's try and keep this thread in bounds.

Social Media and the internet is the root of all evils. It use to be money but now it is social media and the internet running everything. People are so fast to get the news out to say they where the first to BREAK the story. Time and research should be put in before full blast. I still remember the Duke Lacrosse team that was taken down by a lying person. The coach and players where all put on the hot seat and even set up for trial. The strange part of the story that most people don't know is the girl that did the accusing is in prison for murdering her boyfriend. Strange how stories never get finished. 

44 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Social Media and the internet is the root of all evils. It use to be money but now it is social media and the internet running everything. People are so fast to get the news out to say they where the first to BREAK the story. Time and research should be put in before full blast. I still remember the Duke Lacrosse team that was taken down by a lying person. The coach and players where all put on the hot seat and even set up for trial. The strange part of the story that most people don't know is the girl that did the accusing is in prison for murdering her boyfriend. Strange how stories never get finished. 

I don't disagree that social media and snap judgements can be incredibly harmful.  There was a video that went viral a few days ago of a girl that rear ended a high end sports car. Everyone jumped all over the girl, then I couple days after, video surfaced that confirmed her side of the story that he sideswiped her and almost hit a bicyclist just seconds before. That second video didn't get nearly the same views or reaction.

But again, that instance doesn't condemn social media as a whole. Thousand of families have been saved for financial ruin during times of crises thanks to viral go fund me accounts.  Companies and politicians law enforcement agency caught in viral videos doing negative things have had to own up to and institute corrective actions too. 

While dis-information has surged over the past decade, the overwhelmingly large majority of what the internet is made of helps people the world over to have a better understanding of things on a global scale than ever before.

Broad sweeping judgements don't help situations. Blaming " the media" or "social media" for anything and everything won't ever be more than clickbait buzzwords because it has no real substance behind it.

9 hours ago, drew39k said:

Every coach, GM, executive across all sports franchises are going full office space mode on destroying their hard drives. If you think Gruden is the only one to send anything like this, no way. 

1 minute ago, TheGDJets said:

Every coach, GM, executive across all sports franchises are going full office space mode on destroying their hard drives. If you think Gruden is the only one to send anything like this, no way. 

At no point did I suggest Gruden was alone in these actions. He did, however, get caught. Should he not be held accountable for his actions because other people also do bad things? Seems like holding him accountable for his actions would help serve as a warning against this sort of behavior moving forward. Giving him a pass would sent the signal that what he did was ok and that others have no reason to stop doing the same.

4 minutes ago, drew39k said:

At no point did I suggest Gruden was alone in these actions. He did, however, get caught. Should he not be held accountable for his actions because other people also do bad things? Seems like holding him accountable for his actions would help serve as a warning against this sort of behavior moving forward. Giving him a pass would sent the signal that what he did was ok and that others have no reason to stop doing the same.

No, he should and he will most likely be the 1st domino to fall. Every adult on the planet has said something, text, email, what have you that if they were made public no one would be employed.

10 hours ago, drew39k said:

If you think for a minute that NFL players don't use homophobic slurs you'er kidding yourself, specially if it begins with the letter "F". I'm from the hood, I heard it used not as a slur, but to disparage someone on account that they were punks, chumps, liars, thieves, couldn't live up to the hype they supposedly we're showered with. And not because of a sexual lifestyle. 

The issue at hand is not that he said it, and that it was right or wrong, it was to get him fired and destroyed.

Maye on the Jets they reported in February that he was arrested for DUI. In February, 8 months later the story comes out. Seriously, why did it come out now? No one knew? They knew, but in order to sell papers and to get hits they drag this guy through the mud.

8 MONTHS LATER!!!!! Now what do we all have to wonder what we said or wrote or texted because some dusche coward behind a computer want's to play God, playing with the lives and livelihood and families empowered to be judge and jury?

17 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

This scares me because I feel like they will definitely trade for Watson now. 

Philly has way more to offer in the draft pick department. If they do get Watson they’ll be giving up the farm to match a Philly offer.