Around the League 2022

Bobby816

25 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

This scares me because I feel like they will definitely trade for Watson now. 

Let them get Watson. They are still Miami and coached by Flores. They are cursed like we are. Watson will go to Miami and suck.  Since they will be giving up a lot of draft picks AND paying top $ for a QB (certainly justified) this will limit making any major upgrades. Miami is not a QB away from being SB contenders. 

lol Too many of ya'll responded at the same time for me to be direct. 

I don't think the Dolphins would be scared to give up a lot for Watson. This would be like the Saints picking up Drew Brees. Watson is 26 and could still be built around. This draft class doesn't look too good QB wise, great for Watson's trade value. Texans are already ahead of both teams, so it's not like either team can offer the #1 pick in the draft. Also, Miami will be #2 in cap space this offseason without any cuts. So money won't be a issue. 

Eagles aren't 1 QB away from winning anything either. So both teams are in the same boat right now. Miami was a 10 win team last season. Watson will be viewed as someone who can get them back on track. They already have Fuller, one of his old targets. I just think Miami will risk it all for them unless Philly offer both of their first rounders this year. Mills looked better than Hurts & Tua last week, so it may not be about the QB they can get out of the 2.

12 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I don't think the Dolphins would be scared to give up a lot for Watson. This would be like the Saints picking up Drew Brees. Watson is 26 and could still be built around. This draft class doesn't look too good QB wise, great for Watson's trade value. Texans are already ahead of both teams, so it's not like either team can offer the #1 pick in the draft. Also, Miami will be #2 in cap space this offseason without any cuts. So money won't be a issue. 

Eagles aren't 1 QB away from winning anything either. So both teams are in the same boat right now. Miami was a 10 win team last season. Watson will be viewed as someone who can get them back on track. They already have Fuller, one of his old targets. I just think Miami will risk it all for them unless Philly offer both of their first rounders this year. Mills looked better than Hurts & Tua last week, so it may not be about the QB they can get out of the 2.

Plus there’s a lot of “great” massage parlors in Miami. Way better than the ones in Houston. 

Yeah, I'd rather see the Eagles get Watson. 

We're currently sitting at #3 in our division. Could move to #2 if we beat the Pats. I want to win, but I want it to be with good coaching so we can just focus on adding talent down the line. 

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Dolphins we’re not a good 10 win team. They overachieved and we’re like +20 something in the turnover margin which was never going to be repeated. They aren’t good. Watson would definitely make them better but their o line is atrocious and they’d never be a playoff team with that line. 

6 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Dolphins we’re not a good 10 win team. They overachieved and we’re like +20 something in the turnover margin which was never going to be repeated. They aren’t good. Watson would definitely make them better but their o line is atrocious and they’d never be a playoff team with that line. 

Of course but do you believe that organization is telling themselves they shouldn't make the move because they overachieved? I doubt it. If they make the trade and only have to worry about building a oline after that, it becomes much easier for the team to build the offense. Everyone doesn't have to be 1st round picks, so it's a risk worth taking. 

They are going to have $80M+ in cap space. They can trade for him and still have about $50M to add talent around. Eagles gave up just as many sacks at the Dolphins has so far. Last season, I think the Eagles gave up almost 70 sacks. It just makes sense if Miami is done with Tua. I hope the Eagles make the move, but I pray Miami doesn't get him.