Around the League 2022

Bobby816

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

If the Jets are a 2 win team and still look lost at the end of the season I’d be fine getting rid of Saleh. Some guys just arENT HCs and so far Saleh is fitting that mold. We held on to Rex and Bowles far too long and we all knew Gase wasn’t it but he won 7 games so we were kinda forced to give him another go. 

Douglas can’t really afford that egg on his face though. Especially since Wilson is not the answer (idc fight me)

I'd argue that we dumped rex too soon, not to late. He had a down season but has a blueprint for fielding a competitive team. Imo we should have let him get a new QB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

I'd argue that we dumped rex too soon, not to late. He had a down season but has a blueprint for fielding a competitive team. Imo we should have let him get a new QB.

Nah we let MANGINI go too soon. Rex did a great job with the Mangini built teams, but once he had his own blueprint on the roster it got worse and worse as did the discipline. Was still miles ahead of our last three coaches

40 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Nah we let MANGINI go too soon. Rex did a great job with the Mangini built teams, but once he had his own blueprint on the roster it got worse and worse as did the discipline. Was still miles ahead of our last three coaches

Entirely possible too. I just kinda feel like the team got old fast and Sanchez just wasn't the guy. 

13 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I honestly agree. He’s a fraud. Came in with all this talk and now has been as soft as teddy bear with zero answers. Just go do the right thing and get Brian Daboll. There would at least be hope for Zach Wilson with Daboll. With Saleh we are going nowhere fast

He just said all the right things but the facts remain….he just doesn’t have it. Employing his mate as a OC when he’s never had that role before with a rookie Qb was a disaster. 

So I know Sean Peyton is one of the best offensive minds in the NFL. But to see them sitting at 4-2 with Winston as their QB and pretty much no WRs, shows that it's play calling and realizing to just utilize your best talents. Doesn't matter how. Kamara touching the ball 30 times a game bc he's their best player. Doesn't matter if the defense is scheming for him. Peyton finds ways to get him 1 on 1 with motioning him and such.

Instead we're 1-5 with more talent on offense than them (no we don't have Kamara, but we do have a 4 very talented WRs and a decent RB room), but with just AWFUL offensive play calling. LaFleur needs to be the 1st one to go. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Yes, before the season. In training camp, learning the playbook, getting on the same page as the rest of the offense. Now we get to trade a pick (granted a crap one) and he gets to learn on the fly.

if anything this just shows Douglas is admitting to his mistake. 

Can’t anticipate injury, he acted on it. I don’t think it’s admitting to anything. 

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

So I know Sean Peyton is one of the best offensive minds in the NFL. But to see them sitting at 4-2 with Winston as their QB and pretty much no WRs, shows that it's play calling and realizing to just utilize your best talents. Doesn't matter how. Kamara touching the ball 30 times a game bc he's their best player. Doesn't matter if the defense is scheming for him. Peyton finds ways to get him 1 on 1 with motioning him and such.

Instead we're 1-5 with more talent on offense than them (no we don't have Kamara, but we do have a 4 very talented WRs and a decent RB room), but with just AWFUL offensive play calling. LaFleur needs to be the 1st one to go. 

Say what you want about Winston but I would take him in heart beat and he’d be a significant upgrade over what we’ve had here like almost ever. On average at least Jameis is 2015 Ryan Fitzpatrick. Talk about how abysmal our QB is. 

The WR talent is 100% correct. Again it comes back to the fact that we don’t have a professional coaching staff and we yet again got it wrong. Saleh will crash and burn here he has no clue what he’s doing. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ekill08x said:

From the first second he was fired until now I always thought he was canned way too early.

Rex was great but the drafting and trading draft picks hurt us.

Absolutely Mangini was fired too soon. He was fired for going from 8-3 and probably the best team in the league to 9-7... because Favre got hurt and started throwing arm punts all over the place. It made no sense, but because Rex had such wildly successful first and second years, it was largely ignored. And to be fair, those were some great years.

But yeah, Mangini got screwed here. In 2006 we way overachieved. One of the least talented 10-6 teams ever. 2007 was a rough year and involved far too much Adrien Clarke and Anthony Clement on the OL. 2008 we were getting better and better, top of the league after knocking off the 10-0 Titans, and then I went to my one and only game ever and it was all downhill from there. From then, Favre went 2 TD to 9 INT.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheChad said:

Absolutely Mangini was fired too soon. He was fired for going from 8-3 and probably the best team in the league to 9-7... because Favre got hurt and started throwing arm punts all over the place. It made no sense, but because Rex had such wildly successful first and second years, it was largely ignored. And to be fair, those were some great years.

But yeah, Mangini got screwed here. In 2006 we way overachieved. One of the least talented 10-6 teams ever. 2007 was a rough year and involved far too much Adrien Clarke and Anthony Clement on the OL. 2008 we were getting better and better, top of the league after knocking off the 10-0 Titans, and then I went to my one and only game ever and it was all downhill from there. From then, Favre went 2 TD to 9 INT.

So all this is your fault for going to that game. Man you are our babe ruth LOL Just kidding

• Like 1

Ruggs was in court today for DUI with death involved. They estimated his speed driving a corvette was about 156 MPH. The judge said he had never seen anyone in his time on the bench going that fast before. He was released from the Raiders and is a FA who can sign with anyone. I highly doubt anyone takes a chance with him. He was also charged with having an illegal firearm in the car. This story is just sad all around.