Around the League 2022

Bobby816

4 minutes ago, drew39k said:

How do we make a Bengals-esc turnaround lol.

It all rests on Zach’s shoulders.

It also helps to have a competent coaching staff. The D play calling by Cincy’s DC was excellent in the second half. That third down call with KC at the 10? and the game on the lane was perfect. Unlike our playcalling of a 0 blitz to lose a game. 

8 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

After watching today we need Schultz/Howard, Ojabo and Burks then grab OL in the 2nd.

Need another option for Zach and need a pass rush.

I don’t know why but Ojabo gives me Dion Jordan, Mingo and Maybin vibes. 

Edited by xrade

On a serious note, we can't build the same way as the Bengals but they are a good example of what is important. They were called crazy for drafting Chase over Sewell. Only one early draft pick on their oline. Only 1 from their Dline was drafted by them. Only one in their secondary was drafted by them. Completely different from what a lot of people on here have been preaching about how we should build this team. 

The best thing we can continue to do is get the playmakers when we can. Trade, free agency, or the draft. Don't overthink it. 

Edited by rickyt31

9 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

On a serious note, we can't build the same way as the Bengals but they are a good example of what is important. They were called crazy for drafting Chase over Sewell. Only one early draft pick on their oline. Only 1 from their Dline was drafted by them. Only one in their secondary was drafted by them. Completely different from what a lot of people on here have been preaching about how we should build this team. 

The best thing we can continue to do is get the playmakers when we can. Trade, free agency, or the draft. Don't overthink it. 

One thing we can take away from them is they have a pass rush and they are opportunistic.  Which is what I've been saying for the past two-ish weeks.  We need Edge, a rangy LB and rangy S.  We don't need to draft CBs high.  It's the edge rushers that make most defenses.

Now look at SF and Jimmy G.  Elite TE, elite after the catch WR, good #2, good run game.  If they had a QB they'd be humming on offense.  Vet TE, Burks then grab OL.

24 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

One thing we can take away from them is they have a pass rush and they are opportunistic.  Which is what I've been saying for the past two-ish weeks.  We need Edge, a rangy LB and rangy S.  We don't need to draft CBs high.  It's the edge rushers that make most defenses.

Now look at SF and Jimmy G.  Elite TE, elite after the catch WR, good #2, good run game.  If they had a QB they'd be humming on offense.  Vet TE, Burks then grab OL.

What's funny is that the 49ers is another team that didn't invest a lot of their 1st round picks in their oline. McGlinchey is the only one and he's on IR. 

I'm not saying we shouldn't, everyone else was signed and traded for. Exactly why we should just focus on getting the right players when we can and not over think where or how.