Around the League 2022

Bobby816

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Brian Flores is a complaint now.   He said that Dolphins owner offered him 100k for each loss so they could have number one pick!!!!!!!!!   WTF?

I believe him. They traded away his top players for picks, led them to their first back-to-back winning season in 19 years, and had a 4-2 record against BB. I hope Flores win this. 

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I believe him. They traded away his top players for picks, led them to their first back-to-back winning season in 19 years, and had a 4-2 record against BB. I hope Flores win this. 

Also, Ross had thought about firing Flores during the winning streak.

Ya Miami is in the bottom for a long time. Ross like the draft more than playing in the super bowl. 

I think BB is going to be getting done after the 2022 season. He is losing more and more coaches and Mac Jones is not going to bring you a super bowl. I think BB just found out he has Jimmy G all over again. 

On 2/1/2022 at 4:11 PM, JetsandI said:

Ah... Does it mean you can't root for Jets to fire LaFleur or Ulbrich until they complete 3rd season with Jets? lol.

Yes. Actually it does. 

Part of our issue as a franchise has been cleaning house too often.  I was all for canning Gase because he was a complete tool that had no accountability and was a historically awful coach with an extended track record of sucking.

Saleh, Lafleur and company may end up sucking too, but they are going with no track record. We need to let them grow and learn. Give them the opportunity to build the team and actually have a real player development cycle.

These constant resets are a massive waste of resources. Played brought in under prior regimes either by draft or fa signings end up not fitting. We have to let this group play out the card to have any chance at a real rebuild.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, drew39k said:

Yes. Actually it does. 

Part of our issue as a franchise has been cleaning house too often.  I was all for canning Gase because he was a complete tool that had no accountability and was a historically awful coach with an extended track record of sucking.

Saleh, Lafleur and company may end up sucking too, but they are going with no track record. We need to let them grow and learn. Give them the opportunity to build the team and actually have a real player development cycle.

These constant resets are a massive waste of resources. Played brought in under prior regimes either by draft or fa signings end up not fitting. We have to let this group play out the card to have any chance at a real rebuild.

They won 4 games with bottom ranking offenses and defense. By the standard everyone set for Gase they should be fired. But they’re likable and all that so it’s fine to suck.

Rant over.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

They won 4 games with bottom ranking offenses and defense. By the standard everyone set for Gase they should be fired. But they’re likable and all that so it’s fine to suck.

Rant over.

With a rookie QB, in year one of a rebuild where, as I mentioned most of the pieces on a team won't fit in with the plan of the new coach because they were all brought in to fit a different scheme. 

It's not okay to suck forever, but there needs to be some measure of patience or you will suck forever because the constant philosophical changes and overturning of the roster will make it impossible to amass anything coming close to repressing a talented, cohesive roster.

Where does the narrative that the Jets are always constantly hiring and firing coaches come from?

Gase is the only recent example. Bowles was bad and you knew it after year 2 yet he got 4 whole years. Rex got longer than he should have, but the Idzik thing was a mess. I don’t think the Jets are any less “patient” than any other franchise.

the problem is we have just been picking the wrong people. 

• Like 1

We have to hope Saleh is a good hire. Our last few HCs just weren’t it. Rex was the closest thing we had and he just wanted “his guys and wanted defense only” and that left is behind the rest of the NFL and we still haven’t recovered. Bc while we were continuing to draft DTs, CBs, LBs, Ss in Round 1… other teams were getting franchise QBs and difference makers.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

We have to hope Saleh is a good hire. Our last few HCs just weren’t it. Rex was the closest thing we had and he just wanted “his guys and wanted defense only” and that left is behind the rest of the NFL and we still haven’t recovered. Bc while we were continuing to draft DTs, CBs, LBs, Ss in Round 1… other teams were getting franchise QBs and difference makers.

Such a depressing post. All those Defensive Tackles and yet we picked Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp over 20 years ago lol. 

Rex's draft history wasn't as defensive heavy as we think

His first 2 drafts we went 6 offense(Sanchez, Greene, Slauson, Ducasse, McKnight, Conner), 1 defense(Wilson)

2011 4 offense, 2 defense

2012 4 offense, 4 defense

2013 5 offense, 2 defense

2014 6 offense, 6 defense

The issue was most of these guys sucked and all the first rounders were defense except Sanchez

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Such a depressing post. All those Defensive Tackles and yet we picked Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp over 20 years ago lol. 

I know and it sucks. I mean we were last a competitive team in 09 and 10. And that’s bc we were carried by a defense and an OL. We had timely good QB play each year from Sanchez. But the Sanchez we saw in the playoffs wasn’t the Sanchez we saw week in and week out.

So who did we draft in that time and the years after….

Round 1: Kyle Wilson, Mo Wilkerson, Q Coples, Dee Milner, Sheldon Richardson, Calvin Pryor, Leonard Williams, Darron Lee, Q Williams.

We spent 1 1st on offense pre JD in this time and that was on Darnold (no longer with us). So 9/10 of our 1st rounders for 9 drafts were spent on 1 side of the ball. Absolutely absurd.

Our 2nd round draft history is darn near just as embarrassing…

Round 2: Vlad Ducasse (was a reach pick), Stephen Hill (was never a good pick), Geno Smith (the value I actually liked here), Jace Amaro (as a TTU alum I have no clue how he was so bad as an NFL player), Devin Smith (injuries killed him), Christian Hackenberg (reach an awful pick), Marcus Maye (we literally drafted a S Round 1 the same draft).

So for me it appears what happened for years is we’d idiotically keep drafting defense repeatedly Round 1 and bc if that would reach on players in Round 2 on offense. Instead of just drafting whoever the best player that guy a need or played a key position instead.

And it doesn’t get any better in Round 3 for us. All failed picks again. Demario Davis was our only good 3rd rounder and we let him walk.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

So for me it appears what happened for years is we’d idiotically keep drafting defense repeatedly Round 1 and bc if that would reach on players in Round 2 on offense. Instead of just drafting whoever the best player that guy a need or played a key position instead.

This sums it up very well. Take Coples reach for Hill, draft Sheldon and Milliner, take Geno, draft Pryor reach for Amaro, draft Lee take Hackenberg. 

None of those guys worked out outside of Sheldon for a couple years.