Around the League 2022

Bobby816

Personally I'm really interested to see how Trubisky does in Pittsburgh.

He's got a W/L record of 29-21 from his time in Chicago, 64-38 TD:INT ratio, and a 64% completion percentage. His Y/A is not good (6.7) and he never elevated those around him in Chicago, but there is stuff to work with there. And everyone always has a better chance of success in places like Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New England, etc.

I wouldn't bet my job on him, but the Steelers are as stable an organisation as you get. They could surprise in 2022.

He might just suck of course. But we'll know that for sure if he doesn't work out in Pittsburgh.

Edited by TheChad

9 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Jax got our very own NY born Far Rockaway Queens raised Folorunso Fatukasi. 

One of the better run stoppers in the league and I think he'll become loved by Jacksonville fan faithful. 

I loved Fats, but I think Saleh likes smaller penetrating type DT's rather than big run stuffers.  So I doubt JD would offer a $10M+ contract to a two down player.

9 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Jax got our very own NY born Far Rockaway Queens raised Folorunso Fatukasi. 

One of the better run stoppers in the league and I think he'll become loved by Jacksonville fan faithful. 

Keep developing Marshall and he can be a good run stopper. We have Q and JFM for pass rushing from the interior. Rankins and Marshall are more run stuffers. I actually like that group right now. Go get a DE or 2 where JFM doesn't have to play DE anymore and we're good on the DL. Go Barnett in FA and draft a DE at 4 or 10 is still my ideal route. 

• Like 1

Anyone want bragging rights in (presumably) a few days? Where do you think Watson is going?

I'm going with the late entrant Browns, with Baker going to the Colts. Mostly just because I feel like those would result in interesting and competitive situations for both of those teams, and an even crazier AFC picture.

That would leave Jimmy G kind of nowhere. Either to the Saints or back with SF depending on how they feel about Lance's readiness.

3 hours ago, TheChad said:

Anyone want bragging rights in (presumably) a few days? Where do you think Watson is going?

I'm going with the late entrant Browns, with Baker going to the Colts. Mostly just because I feel like those would result in interesting and competitive situations for both of those teams, and an even crazier AFC picture.

That would leave Jimmy G kind of nowhere. Either to the Saints or back with SF depending on how they feel about Lance's readiness.

My guess is NO

3 hours ago, TheChad said:

Lol I just want him out of the AFC . We're full. Carolina is desperate enough to offer something crazy, but the best place is New Orleans.  

• Like 1

Just happy to see a good QB finally leave the AFC. How the Saints freed up all that cap space without releasing major pieces is art work. If they get Watson, they will have Watson, Kamara, and Thomas. I was 95% sure they would have to move Thomas. 

13 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Just happy to see a good QB finally leave the AFC. How the Saints freed up all that cap space without releasing major pieces is art work. If they get Watson, they will have Watson, Kamara, and Thomas. I was 95% sure they would have to move Thomas. 

Pass rushers came in though

I just don't understand Atlanta's reasoning here. Matt Ryan is a great leader and loved in that city last I knew. They're inviting a huge PR "crapshow" that they're going to have to deal with just to... win 6 or 7 games? Unless I've missed something, the team there is still not good and trading for Watson means a whole lot fewer resources to fix that.

I guess they're seeing it as securing their long-term answer at QB and then they'll figure out all the other stuff after that?

Browns and Saints make much more sense as they can slot him in and immediately expect to win a lot of games. Panthers made sense in a "we're all getting fired if we don't get some good QB play soon" way.

2 minutes ago, TheChad said:

I just don't understand Atlanta's reasoning here. Matt Ryan is a great leader and loved in that city last I knew. They're inviting a huge PR "crapshow" that they're going to have to deal with just to... win 6 or 7 games? Unless I've missed something, the team there is still not good and trading for Watson means a whole lot fewer resources to fix that.

I guess they're seeing it as securing their long-term answer at QB and then they'll figure out all the other stuff after that?

Browns and Saints make much more sense as they can slot him in and immediately expect to win a lot of games. Panthers made sense in a "we're all getting fired if we don't get some good QB play soon" way.

It's mixed reviews with Ryan. Most of the fans I know hate Matt Ryan and he has crumble in big games. It's almost a kirk Cousins type situation when you look at his stats. Some of the fans didn't even want Kyle Pitts, they wanted Justin Fields. 

Watson is a hometown guy. He's from Georgia, was a Falcons ball boy, Warrick Dunn's charity built a house for him and his single mom (At the time), close to Arthur Blank, and more. Also, there are a lot of people who realize how fishy the whole situation was, but I'm not going to get into that. 

Atlanta is rebuilding right now. They have no one in the front 7 that fits the 34 defense they just switched to. No one to throw to and no real RB on the roster. With him being 26-27, the Falcons can still build with him. Saints is the better team for him to win sooner than later, but his Atlanta connection is huge. 

• Like 1