Around the League 2022

Bobby816

31 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We aren't worse off as a team bc we didn't get Hill. Bc we still have draft assets and had a decent FA.

But we are worse bc the division just got that much better. And we are likely hands down the worst team in the AFC East.

Yeah, 

All we can do is keep developing and hope for the best.

15 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

We really are gonna be stuck in the gutter for another decade aren’t we

It's going to be ugly, but Bengals were able to eventually figure it out in a tough division.  Maybe we will at some point 

3 hours ago, Big T said:

While I don't disagree with how bad a team we were, its not because of the team per se, but terrible GM's back to back. We were not good, not because the talent wasn't to be had but the GM's drafted poorly. Up until JD, Tannenbaum was the best GM the Jets have had in almost a decade.

JD has made some poor decisions no argument from me, but the guy is lightyears better than the past 2 GM's combined, not as though that was saying much. 

So if we’ve had terrible GM’s why then say fans are armchair gm’s?!

When in actual fact if our front office would of comprised of members of our forum here I could guarantee we’d be better off.

And that’s not me bull****ting either. 

The facts speak for themselves. We’ve done this here for over ten years and year in and year our we’ve wanted players drafted or signed etc and previous GM’s have done the opposite. 

19 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I'll keep repeating...if we hit on our draft picks we will be fine.

I understand that. But we have to understand that picks aren't as valuable as proven players. And I'm not just talking about this trade. Do you know the likelihood of any player we draft being Tyreek Hill good? Danielle Hunter good? Etc. It's extremely small

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

That's a pretty big ask considering our history.

I'm down we didn't land Hill, but it's clear he didn't want to be here. Until we start winning, it's gonna be tough to recruit high-level talent.

5 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

That's a pretty big ask considering our history.

I'm down we didn't land Hill, but it's clear he didn't want to be here. Until we start winning, it's gonna be tough to recruit high-level talent.

Our recent history is one of our best draft classes. 

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I understand that. But we have to understand that picks aren't as valuable as proven players. And I'm not just talking about this trade. Do you know the likelihood of any player we draft being Tyreek Hill good? Danielle Hunter good? Etc. It's extremely small

With the picks offered, of course not. But 4 and 10 with Thibs and London I’m expecting double digit sacks and Mike Evans-esque production. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Our recent history is one of our best draft classes. 

The one where we drafted Sam Darnold? Or Q? Or Becton? Or now Wilson?

No one we have drafted has yet to be as impactful as Tyreek has been - regardless of position.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

No one we have drafted has yet to be as impactful as Tyreek has been - regardless of position.

That is true, but let’s see if he is as “impactful” with Tua instead of Mahomes.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

With the picks offered, of course not. But 4 and 10 with Thibs and London I’m expecting double digit sacks and Mike Evans-esque production. 

100% but as I stated do you understand the likelihood of Kayvon even being Danielle Hunter good and London being Mike Evans good? Once again still incredibly small. Regardless if top 10 picks are used on them. Obviously we all hope who we draft become stars. But fact is is that this team has 0/53 players that scare anyone. It’s be nice to finally get even 1 via trade. We saw what that can do when we got Brandon Marshall years back. Closest we came to the playoffs after we traded for him.

3 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

That is the problem.

I will fix it for you. "I'll keep repeating.....we never hit on our first round picks should we should trade them for proven superstars in their prime."