Around the League 2022

Bobby816

3 hours ago, Dr.O said:

We really are gonna be stuck in the gutter for another decade aren’t we

No. We’re still trending upward. Player development is huge, our young guys showed promise so we just have to keep bringing in the right guys and hoping they develop into quality players. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

100% but as I stated do you understand the likelihood of Kayvon even being Danielle Hunter good and London being Mike Evans good? Once again still incredibly small. Regardless if top 10 picks are used on them. Obviously we all hope who we draft become stars. But fact is is that this team has 0/53 players that scare anyone. It’s be nice to finally get even 1 via trade. We saw what that can do when we got Brandon Marshall years back. Closest we came to the playoffs after we traded for him.

Your post 0/53 players that don't scare anyone really is the bottom line. All these high draft picks we have had the last five or 6 years have not brought one superstar to the Jets. Sure we have our first five picks this year that look great on paper, but what guarantee that any of those players will be game changers. Who was the last game changer we had probably Revis, and how long ago was that. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

100% but as I stated do you understand the likelihood of Kayvon even being Danielle Hunter good and London being Mike Evans good? Once again still incredibly small. Regardless if top 10 picks are used on them. Obviously we all hope who we draft become stars. But fact is is that this team has 0/53 players that scare anyone. It’s be nice to finally get even 1 via trade. We saw what that can do when we got Brandon Marshall years back. Closest we came to the playoffs after we traded for him.

And now all of a sudden you understand why I've been screaming FA Star Power. 

Joe Douglas did little throughout FA to scare any teams. 

$80M+ spent last free agency. 

$80M+ spent this Free Agency. 

With not a lot of talent to show for it. 

17 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

No argument from me, the last playmakers we brought in was Decker & Marshall both has 1000 yards receiving in one year.

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I saw really no stars available in FA. So that’s where we differ

• Like 2

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

No argument from me, the last playmakers we brought in was Decker & Marshall both has 1000 yards receiving in one year.

Or bell who was a major bust. Mosley who really isn't worth close to the money...Revis who was not anywhere near the shutdown guy we used to have...yeah see how well that worked, and you all were complaining then too. Its called learning from past mistakes and some of you clearly are ten second toms.

4 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

For all your essays you write, you really don't follow the game outside of fantasy football do you? Otherwise there is really no other excuse for this level of ignorance.

• Like 3

While Hill is an elite talent, he had one of the best QB's in the NFL tossing him the rock. There's no question as to his ability after the catch. Hence you have to ask yourself this question, Will he be as effective in Miami with Tua passing to him?

Now if were honest the guy who has the same traits as Mahomes is Wilson, and the opportunity to shine in N.Y. considering the WR room as it currently stands would have been a plus, plus opportunity.

So on a personal note, IMHO he made or his agent made a bad decision or they both made an error in judgement. The endorsements Hill would have received would have been offf the charts. 

Well its all water under the bridge at this point.

It all comes down to W's. That is the bottom line. The Jets have done nothing for 10 plus years. From what I saw last year this team has not really done anything yet. I know JD is trying but no one wants to come to the Jets. Until we start hitting a few season of making the playoffs and getting deep or even in a super bow they will still be at the bottom. I'm a fan of trading for proven players and not HOPING a drat pick does well. I'm tired of the waiting. You see these teams turns things around fast but yet here the Jets are not turning anything.  I'm also tired of the "Well at the end of the year those last 3-5 games we did great." I want a start to the season where we win 3 out of the first four games or some what close. If this teams starts out 1-5 or something like that YOU HAVE to move on from these guys. This is a fast pace NFL world and everyone knows it. McVey turned the Rams around if a few years. Cinn turned it sround in a few years. The Bills turned it around in a few years. I can go on and on how fast these teams turned it around. This is JD 3rd year. Yes he should be close if not in the playoffs this year. If we are out of the playoffs by November again heads MUST start to roll. That means these guys did NOT change the culture of the losing ways. 

We are a team trending upwards... but we're still lightyears behind the whole AFC and even our own AFC East. And the teams in our division are young. They're not going anywhere. Eventually we have to be aggressive. Maybe that time is too early to do that right now... but eventually we cant just be "progressing" but still finishing dead last in our own division.

Church it up however you want... but here was the standings last year if people have forgot.

BUF: 11-6

NE: 10-7

MIA: 9-8

NYJ: 4-13

We had 1/2 the amount of wins of the 3rd worst team in our own division.

BUF and Miami for sure got better, we wont come even close to them.

NE just won 10 games with a rookie QB with little around him. If anyone says we're close to them, you're being a homer. We aren't on the same level as a 10 win team.

Building through the draft will be what can close this gap for us. But eventually we need to start bringing in a star or 2 with bold trades.

Never mind competing with teams like KC, CIN, LAC, LV, DEN, CLE, BAL, TEN

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We are a team trending upwards... but we're still lightyears behind the whole AFC and even our own AFC East

That's all I need to see.  Hill isn't making us lightyears better.  We land good/great players with our draft picks then next season we bring in the big splash when we are much closer.  This offseason isn't the right time IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big T said:

So on a personal note, IMHO he made or his agent made a bad decision or they both made an error in judgement. The endorsements Hill would have received would have been offf the charts. 

From a purely financial outlook, I'd argue that Miami was the better choice. The lack of a state income tax is a massive financial consideration. This has to be a major consideration, especially considering his legal history, which would hinder his ability to really draw big endorsements. 

We will know half way through the season which direction this team is trending. If Zach Wilson doesn’t take a huge step then it’s another 10 years.

The AFC hasn’t been this loaded in a LONG time. It sucks but it is what it is. No one is even talking about the Jets 

14 hours ago, doumeyer said:

And that the Jets where, exactly?  Maybe its me, but I would rather have more than a season or two of excitement only to wallow in a decade of misery following that.