Around the League 2022

Bobby816

36 minutes ago, xrade said:

And that the Jets where, exactly?  Maybe its me, but I would rather have more than a season or two of excitement only to wallow in a decade of misery following that.

Decker and Marshall were both good signings. I don’t think either has to do with the position we are in now.

We are where we are because of putrid drafting and signings like Trumaine Johnson and Lev Bell

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Decker and Marshall were both good signings. I don’t think either has to do with the position we are in now.

We are where we are because of putrid drafting and signings like Trumaine Johnson and Lev Bell

That is partly my point.  Spending big now on a player or two as opposed to spreading it around to field a FB team is not going to help.  Now that our team is somewhat set, look for signings like that next year.  I like how Buffalo did the Diggs deal.  OL set, QB looking good, lets get that WR that will put us over the top.  Don't get a Ferrari if you don't have the garage to store it in.

26 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Decker and Marshall weren't what ruined this franchise in that time. It was our GM. Fitz played better than he ever had in his career and we idiotically paid him like he was good. Because of the money we tied to him, we decided not to draft a QB in following years bc of that.. And guess who the top 2 QBs were on the board when we were sitting at 5 and chose Jamal Adams? Deshaun Watson and Pat Mahomes.

Moves like that are why we are where we are. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Decker and Marshall weren't what ruined this franchise in that time. It was our GM. Fitz played better than he ever had in his career and we idiotically paid him like he was good. Because of the money we tied to him, we decided not to draft a QB in following years bc of that.. And guess who the top 2 QBs were on the board when we were sitting at 5 and chose Jamal Adams? Deshaun Watson and Pat Mahomes.

Moves like that are why we are where we are. 

Mac was obviously garbage. He thought Hackenberg was our FQB lol

6 minutes ago, xrade said:

That is partly my point.  Spending big now on a player or two as opposed to spreading it around to field a FB team is not going to help.  Now that our team is somewhat set, look for signings like that next year.  I like how Buffalo did the Diggs deal.  OL set, QB looking good, lets get that WR that will put us over the top.  Don't get a Ferrari if you don't have the garage to store it in.

I think Douglas is feeling a little pressure honestly. If Zach doesn’t look legit this year, he’s pretty much done.

This team has not been in cap H for a long time. We have been on the low end of the cap for years. The reason why they are so bad is the draft picks. We missed so bad on so many drafts not just draft picks but drafts over all. This is why we are here. Once you get that QB who is a franchise guy that can win games and be in the playoffs everything else falls into place. This is a MASSIVE year for Wilson, JD and Saleh. If the Jets tank early we are in for a long road ahead. If we come out firing and the O is doing great with at least an average D the Jets could be in the hunt for a long time. I also would like to add the BB days are getting out numbered. I don't see him going beyond this year and next. I think he is done after the 23 season. 

12 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Once you get that QB who is a franchise guy that can win games and be in the playoffs everything else falls into place. This is a MASSIVE year for Wilson, JD and Saleh.

Agreed.  The real question then becomes, If Wilson does not take a big enough leap, would JD cut bait and draft a to QB in 2023?  There are two potential college QB's that will be taken top 5.

1 minute ago, xrade said:

Agreed.  The real question then becomes, If Wilson does not take a big enough leap, would JD cut bait and draft a to QB in 2023?  There are two potential college QB's that will be taken top 5.

I think if Wilson fails does JD even get another shot or is he out the door? Most GM's only get 1 shot on a QB and if they fail so does the GM.  Sometimes they will fire the HC and give the GM one more shot at a QB/coach combo. I think if Wilson fails one or both JD and Saleh will be gone. My heart wants Wilson to be the QB so we can final start to win, but my brain is saying he is not the guy and we need to move on. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Most GM's only get 1 shot on a QB and if they fail so does the GM.  Sometimes they will fire the HC and give the GM one more shot at a QB/coach combo. I think if Wilson fails one or both JD and Saleh will be gone.

I don't think Woody would get rid of them simply because it will have only been two years of poor QB play.  In fact, I think if they were to approach Woody and say that Zach isn't working out, he may praise them for admitting a mistake and quickly rectifying it.  I think where coaches and GM's get fired is by missing on more than just a QB.  Now if they stick with poor QB play by Zach until the end of 2023, then maybe, but if the rest of the team looks solid and we are only a QB away, they may still get more time.

6 minutes ago, xrade said:

I don't think Woody would get rid of them simply because it will have only been two years of poor QB play.  In fact, I think if they were to approach Woody and say that Zach isn't working out, he may praise them for admitting a mistake and quickly rectifying it.  I think where coaches and GM's get fired is by missing on more than just a QB.  Now if they stick with poor QB play by Zach until the end of 2023, then maybe, but if the rest of the team looks solid and we are only a QB away, they may still get more time.

7 minutes ago, xrade said:

Ask Sam Darnold and Gase how that went. How about Pace, Nagy and Mitch Tru. I just think these owners want to win and win now. Woody has proved he wants to win by staying out of the teams business. 

11 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Ask Sam Darnold and Gase how that went. How about Pace, Nagy and Mitch Tru. I just think these owners want to win and win now. Woody has proved he wants to win by staying out of the teams business. 

Gase was a proven substandard coach.  Saleh is not.  Sam had three years not two and it took the wisdom of JD to see that.  Don't care about Chicago.  And, yes, owners want to win but they also want to make money which winning helps provide.  But JD's fiscal accumens have to bring a smile to Woody's face.

30 minutes ago, xrade said:

Gase was a proven substandard coach.  Saleh is not.  Sam had three years not two and it took the wisdom of JD to see that.  Don't care about Chicago.  And, yes, owners want to win but they also want to make money which winning helps provide.  But JD's fiscal accumens have to bring a smile to Woody's face.

Enter @KingOfNewYork in 3…2…1 😂😂

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I also would like to add the BB days are getting out numbered. I don't see him going beyond this year and next. I think he is done after the 23 season. 

Na

Bill Belichick is 26 wins away from tying Don Shula for most Regular Season/Postseason Wins (combined). 

Bill Belichick isn't going to retire until he passed Don Shula (27 wins away from passing him). 

And it's going to take all of 2022, 2023 and 2024 until Bill Belichick reaches another 27 wins (could take until 2025 to reach/break it). 

Bill Belichick isn't going anywhere (anytime soon).