Around the League 2022

Bobby816

24 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Na

Bill Belichick is 26 wins away from tying Don Shula for most Regular Season/Postseason Wins (combined). 

Bill Belichick isn't going to retire until he passed Don Shula (27 wins away from passing him). 

And it's going to take all of 2022, 2023 and 2024 until Bill Belichick reaches another 27 wins (could take until 2025 to reach/break it). 

Bill Belichick isn't going anywhere (anytime soon). 

BB doesn't care about records. He just enjoys the game. He'll prob do this until coaching stops being enjoyable which could be centuries from now or next season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

BB doesn't care about records. He just enjoys the game. He'll prob do this until coaching stops being enjoyable which could be centuries from now or next season.

Not a chance. Bill Belichick is competitive as ever. 

The only reason he's sticking around and not retired is in order to stick it to Don Shula (RIP). 

Before Don Shula passed on? Don Shula talked down on Bill Belichick. He called Bill Belichick a cheater. 

"In 2015, Shula called Belichick “Beli-cheat” in an interview. He also went on the record as saying that he wanted his legacy to be “playing within the rules” and “winning the right way” and previously said that Spygate diminished the Patriots' near-perfect 2007 season". 

Bill Belichick is a very spiteful man. And he hasn't forgotten what Don Shula said about him and he won't retire until he passes him for most head coaching wins of All-Time (27 away).

Bill Belichick wants to stick it to Don Shula (so bad) and it doesn't matter to him if Don Shula is dead or alive (he wants his record books). 

I want Bill Belichick to stay.

28 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

He loves there. Also, he should try to prove that he can win SB without Tom Brady under helm.   Joe Gibbs is the king for that.

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

BB will retire when NE has a sub par season. And that probably isn’t happening anytime soon. Interested to see what they do in the draft. They now need a WR and CB still pretty bad

More or less wins than the Jets this year?

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

More or less wins than the Jets this year?

They had 10 wins last year. So I’d say over. I still want to see who they draft to make that prediction. And see us draft for that matter. But they’re a WAY better coached team than us. So it’s hard to imagine us even being close to them. The staff and players would all have to progress drastically for us to be a .500 team.

9 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Not a chance. Bill Belichick is competitive as ever. 

The only reason he's sticking around and not retired is in order to stick it to Don Shula (RIP). 

Before Don Shula passed on? Don Shula talked down on Bill Belichick. He called Bill Belichick a cheater. 

"In 2015, Shula called Belichick “Beli-cheat” in an interview. He also went on the record as saying that he wanted his legacy to be “playing within the rules” and “winning the right way” and previously said that Spygate diminished the Patriots' near-perfect 2007 season". 

Bill Belichick is a very spiteful man. And he hasn't forgotten what Don Shula said about him and he won't retire until he passes him for most head coaching wins of All-Time (27 away).

Bill Belichick wants to stick it to Don Shula (so bad) and it doesn't matter to him if Don Shula is dead or alive (he wants his record books). 

Those of us who remember the 82 conference championship will always remember Shula as a cheater. Freeman McNeil had run for 300+ yards in the previous 2 playoff games. It rained the Saturday before the game, the Dolphins didn’t cover the field leaving it a mud field. Freeman could not get traction and Dolphins won 14-0. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

Those of us who remember the 82 conference championship will always remember Shula as a cheater. Freeman McNeil had run for 300+ yards in the previous 2 playoff games. It rained the Saturday before the game, the Dolphins didn’t cover the field leaving it a mud field. Freeman could not get traction and Dolphins won 14-0. 

Both teams had the same advantage though. Wasn’t like MIA could get traction and We couldn’t. 

I'm trying to regain my confidence and y'all reminding of BB is killing me. Lol 

Us winning a division game will feel like a super bowl for me. Gives me a chance to celebrate something until we play the AFC West in 2023. 

Edited by rickyt31

4 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Us winning a division game will feel like a super bowl for me. Gives me a chance to celebrate something until we play the AFC West in 2023. 

Pretty awful that the best case for us in the division is 1-5

9 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Bold prediction.

We go 3-3 in the division.