Around the League 2022

Bobby816

The Athletic's Kevin Fishbain believes the Bears "might have to consider the possibility that [Justin Fields] isn’t the guy" if he struggles in 2022. 

The team's new regime should have a good idea of Fields' long-term potential after the 2022 season, Fishbain said. "Fields’ rookie performance comes with a lot of disclaimers, and some are legitimate, but the struggles can’t be fully ignored," Fishbain said. "If the sack numbers remain high, if he’s not doing a good job taking care of the football, and if he’s not leading scoring drives often enough, then the organization might have to consider the possibility that he isn’t the guy." Fields in 2021 struggled mightily in Matt Nagy's inflexible, uncreative offense, ranking 37th in adjusted completion rate -- just ahead of Mike Glennon -- and 22nd in yards per attempt. Fields' expected points added (EPA) per drop back was lower than any quarterback besides Zach Wilson. His best-case scenario would be a Bears offense that better utilizes his strengths. A bad 2022 could have the Bears itching for a new QB option, however premature. 

I thought this was pretty interesting. I wonder if Wilson struggles we will move on from him. I like how it reads that Fields (EPA) is the lowest EXCEPT Zach Wilson. lol Classic 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

The Athletic's Kevin Fishbain believes the Bears "might have to consider the possibility that [Justin Fields] isn’t the guy" if he struggles in 2022. 

The team's new regime should have a good idea of Fields' long-term potential after the 2022 season, Fishbain said. "Fields’ rookie performance comes with a lot of disclaimers, and some are legitimate, but the struggles can’t be fully ignored," Fishbain said. "If the sack numbers remain high, if he’s not doing a good job taking care of the football, and if he’s not leading scoring drives often enough, then the organization might have to consider the possibility that he isn’t the guy." Fields in 2021 struggled mightily in Matt Nagy's inflexible, uncreative offense, ranking 37th in adjusted completion rate -- just ahead of Mike Glennon -- and 22nd in yards per attempt. Fields' expected points added (EPA) per drop back was lower than any quarterback besides Zach Wilson. His best-case scenario would be a Bears offense that better utilizes his strengths. A bad 2022 could have the Bears itching for a new QB option, however premature. 

I thought this was pretty interesting. I wonder if Wilson struggles we will move on from him. I like how it reads that Fields (EPA) is the lowest EXCEPT Zach Wilson. lol Classic 

Wow rookie QB struggled? Amazing stuff here. Truly mind blowing. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Why is the Post reporting rumors that Brady and the Bucs are working on a trade to the Dolphins?  Do the football Gods hate us that much?

Idk if I buy it. Does he really want to stick it to BB that badly?

The easiest path to another Super Bowl is definitely through the NFC

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Bold prediction.

We go 3-3 in the division. 

If we do that, we're finishing with a .500 record. The game has to be played on the field,  but I'm struggling to see how we can match up on paper. I think I need to see the defense be good at something first before I can feel like we can win 2 or 3 in the division.  

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

If we do that, we're finishing with a .500 record. The game has to be played on the field,  but I'm struggling to see how we can match up on paper. I think I need to see the defense be good at something first before I can feel like we can win 2 or 3 in the division.  

Yeah if the pass rush is where it needs to be that’s going to huge. If the offense can continue how it finished and improve based on the consistency around Zach and his growth we can compete with anyone. We ended the season strong on the field. Hopefully it sparks a strong start next year. 

44 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We win the home games, lose the road ones.

Can’t see it. Maybe we get lucky and possibly take a game from Miami or NE but that would be a push.

The only way we are beating Buffalo is if they are resting their starters after securing a playoff spot. 

33 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Can’t see it. Maybe we get lucky and possibly take a game from Miami or NE but that would be a push.

The only way we are beating Buffalo is if they are resting their starters after securing a playoff spot. 

New England lost some key pieces and will be probably be a step slower. Not sure what BB is planning this season. Miami beat us by 1 touchdown twice last year, we can beat them. The Bills struggled at home with our 3rd stringers. We can clip them as well.

Just gotta play well and do it often not just randomly. 

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

New England lost some key pieces and will be probably be a step slower. Not sure what BB is planning this season. Miami beat us by 1 touchdown twice last year, we can beat them. The Bills struggled at home with our 3rd stringers. We can clip them as well.

Just gotta play well and do it often not just randomly. 

They really only lost 2 key starters. They’ll be fine. They always are.