Around the League 2022

Bobby816

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Between Metcalf and the AJ Brown tweets, I'm not getting my hopes up but it would be nice to get Metcalf. 

I'm probably overthinking this but I think might prefer Garrett Wilson at 10 on a rookie deal over metcalf at 25 million per year.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I'm probably overthinking this but I think might prefer Garrett Wilson at 10 on a rookie deal over metcalf at 25 million per year.

Normally I’d agree, but Zach can use an experienced good player that knows how to play in the NFL. A rookie, regardless of how good a prospect he is, still has a rookie learning curve.

I still believe JD has done a good job upgrading the talent on O that Zach has no excuse not to take a good step. However, JD apparently wants all the bases covered.

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

I'd be happy with either, but I'd go with Metcalf because of ZW's struggles. If he came out looking like Mills or Jones, I wouldn't care but having a WR we know can bail Wilson out in tough situations and challenge the best CBs out there makes a huge difference until Wilson can grow into the guy. I like some of the WRs in this class, so I'm not against it. It would be nice to give a young QB who struggled someone we don't have to wait for. 

5 hours ago, xrade said:

Normally I’d agree, but Zach can use an experienced good player that knows how to play in the NFL. A rookie, regardless of how good a prospect he is, still has a rookie learning curve.

I still believe JD has done a good job upgrading the talent on O that Zach has no excuse not to take a good step. However, JD apparently wants all the bases covered.

That's the other side of the coin for sure. Look at how adding a top end vet wr in diggs helped Allen blossom. I guess maybe I'm most concerned about understanding how much of Metcalf success is from his ability and how much is from Russell Wilson.

Maybe the allure of a top end rookie wr is being swayed by the success off waddle and chase, both of whome went to teams where they had their college qbs so there was a built in history that helped them mesh faster. ZW wouldn't have that same link with any of the top WRS in this draft.

I don't think JD is trading his first round picks. I think the package he offered KC would be the same for DK. I think The Jets get DK and sign him to like a 5 year 100 mill contract. That will put him right around 30 for one more payday. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Bills getting a new stadium. Woody Johnson needs to get us one of our own. It’s time. He recently considered a bid to buy Chelsea. He can afford a stadium. 

Build one on LI

• Like 2

On 3/26/2022 at 4:04 PM, drew39k said:

Me too and it’s not really close. Metcalf is a great deep ball threat but Wilson and Olive could be great threats all over the field.and we get them cheap for 3 or 4 years.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Bills getting a new stadium. Woody Johnson needs to get us one of our own. It’s time. He recently considered a bid to buy Chelsea. He can afford a stadium. 

Go to the city. NYC and LI will embrace it.

That being said, they're too cheap to do that. We just got a new stadium, so it wont happen anytime soon. Maybe in like 10 years. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Go to the city. NYC and LI will embrace it.

That being said, they're too cheap to do that. We just got a new stadium, so it wont happen anytime soon. Maybe in like 10 years. 

10 years flies by, if they’re going to do it they need to start the process soon with all the loopholes they’re going to have to jump through(James Dolan)

• Like 1

The Odell situation is interesting. I'm not saying we should sign him (I wouldn't mind though), but I have the feeling he's going to go somewhere else. After he said he would take a pay cut for them, the Rams picked up AR15. They still have Van Jefferson. After seeing the money Wagner is getting, I'm curious to see how this plays out. Him going to Atlanta or the Packers wouldn't shock me. 

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

The Odell situation is interesting. I'm not saying we should sign him (I wouldn't mind though), but I have the feeling he's going to go somewhere else. After he said he would take a pay cut for them, the Rams picked up AR15. They still have Van Jefferson. After seeing the money Wagner is getting, I'm curious to see how this plays out. Him going to Atlanta or the Packers wouldn't shock me. 

Beckham has to wait it out until he knee heals. No rush. Someone will get hurt and he’ll be able to plug into their spot likely in a playoff push. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Beckham has to wait it out until he knee heals. No rush. Someone will get hurt and he’ll be able to plug into their spot likely in a playoff push. 

Of course, but I'm just interested in seeing how this plays out because we know he's going to get an offer. When and who is it going to be from? Is he going to end up in New England? Him and Landry rejoin in Atlanta? He's going to change someone's division. 

37 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

GB I think will get him when it’s said and done. They’re a win now team with a pretty bad WR room.

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Of course, but I'm just interested in seeing how this plays out because we know he's going to get an offer. When and who is it going to be from? Is he going to end up in New England? Him and Landry rejoin in Atlanta? He's going to change someone's division. 

I don’t think he wants to catch passes from Mariota.