Lions cut LS Don Muhlbach

Louis Friend

It's even possible that they waited to cut him to give him a proper birthday celebration thing first. We gotta wait for all of the information to come out.

I just don't see Campbell making such a disrespectful decision. (And I feel like we'd hear players making comments if he did.) There must've been something behind the scenes.

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

It's even possible that they waited to cut him to give him a proper birthday celebration thing first. We gotta wait for all of the information to come out.

I just don't see Campbell making such a disrespectful decision. (And I feel like we'd hear players making comments if he did.) There must've been something behind the scenes.

I'm hoping so... I am going to give this group the benefit of the doubt unless proven otherwise. DC doesn't seem like he's in the Matt Patricia/Patriot mold and I believe Sheila is looking to revamp the organization's reputation. 

• Like 1

I am going to assume he likely won't sign elsewhere.  Maybe I am wrong but seems like a LS can be had for about 600k less than what he was making.  I know that isnt significant, but given his age likely means he is done.  If that is the case, I wish they would have let him retire instead of being released.  Maybe he chose it so he could play elsewhere but either way, I hope it was done properly behind the scenes.  Given DC was a player and played with Mule, I am guessing he understood his place in Detroit fans hearts.  Also it is not the teams fault that his birthday fell on cutdown day.  But also seems they could have cut another fringe player for this round of cuts at least to give him time to make a decision. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Longtime Lions long snapper Don Muhlbach steps into bigger role with coordinator out due to COVID

Through his first few weeks on the job, that translated to Muhlbach having a hands-on coaching-type role under special teams coordinator Dave Fipp. Then Fipp contracted COVID this week, and Muhlbach is among several staffers who stepped into larger roles heading into this week’s game against the Philadelphia Eagles.

• Like 1